Search results

1. Rex

Fishing Report Long Point Perch / Pan Fishin' 06/19/2019

Arrived at the lake about 615. Fished off P-hawk in about 14 fow figured we'd try the perch. Got 6-8 in about half an hour. We were drifting with shiners. Likely would have done better if anchored. Best luck was minnow on bottom hook and a 1/4oz 4-5ft up the line. Was a bit slow, and brought...
  2. Rex

Off Topic New Boat SUPER EXCITED! & SUPER POOR!!

I figured, buy it now, retirement is too far away and I want to enjoy it now. Tight lines all!!
  3. Rex

Fishing Report Sarnia Walleye (shore) Nada

Fished Saturday evening, big skunk walked by....its still early.
  4. Rex

Off Topic, Merc L4 vs L6

Boat shopping, wondering if anyone has any experience comparing the two motors. I've looked online and some people say the L4 is better for fish-ability, (guessing they mean layout, and fishing around it) and quieter. But then find another article that talks about how much effort was put into...
  5. Rex

Water Like Glass Sept 11th 2018 - Get out this week, you'll not regret it

Drove out from London after work, and enjoyed my first solo night ever on the water. The inner-bay was like glass. Absolutely gorgeous evening! I didn't see any other boats, felt like I was on a fly-in vacation! (minus the random gun shots in the background) Fishing wasn't very good, but I...
  6. Rex

Fishing Report Smallmouth Fun On The Bay

Had a great time for a couple hours last night. (had my limit within the hour) Not many other boats out. Anyone know which bait shops still have leeches? As of last night Livery only had two containers left. We took 1.
  7. Rex

Water Rage

I find it disturbing that I feel like I need to post this thread...I've deleted it a few times, but if this saves one of us from having a bad interaction, and one person who reads it, thinks twice, it's worth it. For all respectful fishermen on this forum, thank you for respecting the "claim"...
  8. Rex

Fishing Report LPB June 8th Old Cut

Went out for the evening fish last night after work. Very few bites in 7 fow from 630-8pm. As soon as the sun started to set, we had moved to 5.5-6 fow (in close) and the bite started. Just like fishing anywhere else, early morning and evening are the best times. Took home a decent feed before...
  9. Rex

Fishing Report Long Point Bay June 1st (evening)

Was non-Stop just out front of old cut. Not one other boat was out last night. Wind was up there a bit, but was blowing from shore, so no issue at all. Minnows were key, 30+ rock bass, 15+ perch, a pike (3lb), 5 cats, rest I can't remember. We had a ton of fun, and had enough for a meal when we...
  10. Rex

Fishing Report Inner Bay Tuesday Night

Sanctuary markers are out. Seem a bit easier to see this year then some in the past which is a good thing. Fished 6pm-830 fished mostly just out from old cut, and towards the markers. Some light action, couple yellows, few of any size, nothing too exciting yet. Water still very cloudy. Fishing...
  11. Rex

Long Point Minnows After 5pm

I drive in from London (South East end) usually after 430pm to do most of my fishing, wondering if anyone can suggest a good minnow purchase location that isn't closed when we drive in at 530..?
  12. Rex

When to launch Boat For Season

It's my second season taking advantage of a boat house @ LP. Question: When / what temp should I start to consider getting the old girl into the boat house for the season?
  13. Rex

Halloween Ducks Anyone?

Good excuse to wear the camo to work...
  14. Rex

Fishing Report Long Point Bay Old Cut

Went out for the evening fish, just out of old cut. Was out for 2 hours, nothing really to report. Couple farm animals which always give a good fight and a few exciting unmentionables. Have not done the bar yet with any success (bit un-familiar with the details I suppose) fun boat ride though...
  15. Rex

Fishing Report Long Point Bay Quick Evening Fish

Went out last night, WOW after 8pm the water was like glass!! Perfect maiden voyage! I have never seen LPB so calm, no chop what so ever. Wind Finder was 100% accurate!! To the fish, flat rattle trap (super spook) landed a Pike right away out by millionaires, then two smallmouth decided a...
  16. Rex

Fishing Report Quepos Cost Rica

I'm not sure how to post videos, so if @stomp might help me out, I'll gladly post some acrobatic fish... In the mean time, we went out with Captain Ronnie (via @Fishmaster ) Brought in 4 gorgeous sails. We didn't know when we booked the trip, but turned out we were fishing @ the same time as the...
  17. Rex

Winter Fishing Ideas (Warm)

I'm considering a trip somewhere warm this year in February or perhaps as late as March. Does anyone have any recommendations? We have done a Costa Rica trip in May (caught nothing on the one full day trip out I could afford) Still have a dream of pulling in a sail fish. Prime season down...
  18. Rex

Burwell Farm Animal / Commercial Report Friday

I have not witnessed a lot of reports lately so thought I would post my own. General report is gorgeous water, 20+ fish all farm animals and two silver dollars. (4 hours) Word around is that the commercial guys are fishing different areas (aka not their typical spots) and that can change up...
  19. Rex

Molly's Minnows Out Of Stock On Sunday

Wanted to give a heads up but wasn't at a computer until this morning. Not sure on current status?
  20. Rex

Fish Guts Trash Vs??

We all know the basics, bring the delicious creatures home, clean them toss the remains in a bucket for the trash. We also all know the result when we happen to do so a week before garbage day! Within 24 hours you have a real smelly mess that gets to sit for a week waiting for the garbage man...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks