Search results

1. Rex

Costa Rica Fishing - Guanacaste Northern Pacific

And watch the exchange rates! sometimes US prices are more expensive then paying in local currency and sometimes the opposite. Ask for both prices, do some math in your head and save some $. Don't be fooled by the tourist wares. 99% of the tourist stores have the same crap. Negotiate in the...
  2. Rex

It's something like $12 for a huge bottle, and we SAVE it for special occasions its so good. And it will get you right straight HAPPY first sip and drunk by sip 3. I call it Pura Vita in a bottle. Wish we could get it here. I think it's some kind of sugar cane based liquor. Also, if anyone is...
  3. Rex

I've been out a few times In Guanacaste. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g309253-d10754874-Reviews-Tamarindo_Charter_Company-Tamarindo_Province_of_Guanacaste.html Captain Lee is by far the best I've been out with. (see above link) Capt Steve was off when I went down a few years...
  4. Rex

Wonderful Fall Fishing

Tomorrow isn't looking too bad with a north wind on the bay. We wont get many more.
  5. Rex

Perch

Lately the better question is where to get minnows, some days they are avail some not.
  6. Rex

Bleeding walleyes

My understanding is it's a meat preservation measure. Less blood means the meat will be "sweeter" less fish taste, last longer etc. Less lactic acid. Also, always put your fish on ICE as quickly as possible. Keep a cooler of ice on board.
  7. Rex

A tough day for me on the opening of bass season

We did ok, I agree slower then any past years. Also less boats this year. We got about 12-14 between 4 guys. Two of them caught most. Same exact setup, leeches. However, the crank baits pulled in the biggest. We also tried our hands at perch, limited success that way as well. Bumpy day. Guys...
  8. Rex

Timber Wolf Lodge area residents

Awesome post!
  9. Rex

Long Point park ramp

If the park is closed, I would guess that means ramp is too. VERY high water, bring your tall boots regardless of where you launch. The roads are wet, soggy, muddy, too.
  10. Rex

Fishing Report Long Point Perch / Pan Fishin' 06/19/2019

That's exactly what I was going for!!! Nerds unite ;)
  11. Rex

Fishing Report Long Point Perch / Pan Fishin' 06/19/2019

Arrived at the lake about 615. Fished off P-hawk in about 14 fow figured we'd try the perch. Got 6-8 in about half an hour. We were drifting with shiners. Likely would have done better if anchored. Best luck was minnow on bottom hook and a 1/4oz 4-5ft up the line. Was a bit slow, and brought...
  12. Rex

Fishing Report Timber Wolf June 12

Please note, this was not meant to be offensive. I was posting a bit of tongue in cheek fun. And trying to help out with my booze % note above. I got a private message from another member who accused me of deliberately being a jerk to @Three Bouys. Was not and will never be my intention. I love...
  13. Rex

Fishing Report Timber Wolf June 12

Cool! Enjoy the beverages! Jealous of the northern Ontario fish and wilderness. As a numbers guy, I feel like I need to mention, just for the record...165 proof means 82.5% alcohol. 95 proof means 47.5% alcohol. The one % you have quoted is technically impossible, but then again, it is northern...
  14. Rex

Off Topic Don't ya just hate it when.....

All a part of life @Trevor M hopefully the season turns around for you and you're able to get out. Thinking positive, better to happen now before all the eyes get back into the lake, then in prime time. Life isn't easy, it's a battle, the harder you battle, the more work you put in, the more...
  15. Rex

Fishing Report Winds this weekend

Same. I'm hoping for Saturday as well. Maybe tomorrow evening...those drives from London to the point and back can be exhausting after a day at the office.
  16. Rex

Off Topic Track install location. Your opinion please

in general, that railing would drive me insane. having the mounting bracket across the back could make keeping lines apart a bit more difficult. I'd go for two sides. Also, on the two sides, you have a bit of a dip there, as you stand in the boat and pretend you're taking a rod out of a holder...
  17. Rex

Fishing Report Winds this weekend

down to .4 now I don't typically check too much until Thurs at the earliest for the weekend.
  18. Rex

Long point trolling

Weather was pretty nasty this weekend @skinny inner bay was pretty rough even in between the rain showers and thunder storms on Saturday. (I got out for about 10 mins just to try out the new boat) Sunday, I was out for a few hours to the bluffs. Once you got to the bluffs due to wind direction...
  19. Rex

Fishing Report Redemption today

Nicely done! Bit of a boat ride from the point! haha
  20. Rex

Lund track system

That's exactly the system I bought. 4" risers, Cannon tracks.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks