Search results

1. Jveri

Sunday East of Burwell

Started out the morning at the sandhills jigging for perch and went to a few spots with nothing to show for it. Decided to troll towards hastings area and try our luck there for the afternoon. Never ended up perch fishing in the afternoon as we were steadily picking off walleyes every half hour...
  2. Jveri

Pt. Glasgow Report Aug.28

Fished yesterday for about 6 hours out of Glasgow and managed to find a few fish. Fished 58-68' of water SE of port and got 7 sheeps, 2 white bass, 1 small pickerel and a 7lb Rainbow. Marked lots of fish just couldnt get many to commit. On the way in we went thru clouds of dead smelt on the...
  3. Jveri

minnows in Burwell

Does bradfields still have minnows available? Heading down tomorrow if the weather cooperates
  4. Jveri

Heading to Bronte Saturday for the first time

Hey everyone Heading to lake o to try to get my first salmon in the boat, any must have spoons/flashers/flies for this area this time of year? I will only be running leadcore and dipsys as that is all I have. Any tips would be appreciated
  5. Jveri

Port Bruce Sunday

Went for a troll yesterday from 8:30am-130pm fishing straight out of bruce. Fished from 50ft out to 63ft and had our best luck in 60-61ft. Orange/gold and black were the hot colors for us, greasy chicken wing took one wally and a gold black redfin took the other wally. 7 color lead core and a...
  6. Jveri

Lake Huron Friday PM

Made it out to lake huron last night for a few hours after work. Managed to pick up two pickerel and a rainbow in 4 hours of fishing. Lake was flat and the boat traffic was non existant. 7 color leadcore took all 3 fish with a purple spoon. Marked tons of bait and hooks out there once the sun...
  7. Jveri

Adding a 5th Rod to the spread

Hey Everyone Looking at possibly adding a 5th rod/reel combo to my trolling arsenal before the weekend. I currently have to dipsy rods with braid and two lead-core setups as well. Thinking about another dipsy setup with wire just to mix things up. Anyone have any experience with these? Just...
  8. Jveri

Port Bruce Sunday

Made it to Pt.Bruce yesterday afternoon with the gf for an afternoon troll. Trolled from 47-54' of water straight out from port then headed east. Caught our first walleye (5lber) in 48' about 30' down on a monkey puke spoon, ended up getting 5 white bass as well before the afternoon was over...
  9. Jveri

Pt.Glasgow July 1

Made it out to Port Glasgow yesterday afternoon for the first troll of the year. Ended up with two wallies 26" and 27.5" for our efforts. Fished west of port in 46-53' of water with both fish coming off the dipsy rods. One took a ripplin red fin down 30' and the other took a monkey puke spoon...
  10. Jveri

Upright Rod Holders for Lead and Dipsy Rods

Looking for some ideas or advice on how people transport these long rods as they are heading out onto the lake. I always just had them laying on the floor and leaning up against the casting deck between my consoles but want to move them. They are always right where we want to step once we go to...
  11. Jveri

Port Burwell/Bruce Launches

Just wondering if any launches will be open for the weekend? Saturday and Sunday look decent for weather/wind might take the boat for a dip...
  12. Jveri

Adding trailer guides

Has anyone added the horizontal trailer guides that cabelas offers onto a shorelander trailer? Looking for some feedback on getting this type of trailer guide or getting a post style guides to help with seeing the trailer while backing up...
  13. Jveri

Anyone fishing next weekend?

Thinking about doing one last perch/trolling outing next weekend, saturday looks promising so far wind wise. Might head out towards BD-1 and troll back in towards Burwell if the weather holds up. I might have to wear socks in my crocs with the forecasted temps lol
  14. Jveri

Hull Cleaning Aluminum Boat

Just wondering what everyone uses to clean non painted hulls on boats. Not looking to polish it just something to clean it up a bit before putting it away for the winter. Just trying to plan ahead, hoping to fish for another month or so then start winterizing.
  15. Jveri

Port Burwell Perch Sunday

Headed out of Burwell yesterday morning around 9 and headed towards hastings. Found the pack of boats and setup just west of everyone in 50' of water. First spot only produced a few gobies, moved to 52'ft of water and picked up a couple of perch. Our final move to 55' of water was the hot ticket...
  16. Jveri

Port Glasgow July 27

Headed out yesterday with two buddies around 830, with lines in the water by 9. 10 minutes in we have our first rainbow on the line. We end up going 13 for 17 for the day with 5 walleye and 4 bows hitting the livewell and one sheep with a few white bass released. 7 Color leadcore took three fish...
  17. Jveri

Port Bruce Sunday AM

Headed out of Port Bruce yesterday AM around 9am for the first troll of the year. Had our first fish on the line within 10 minutes and we had steady action all day. Went 8 for 15 for the day with only 2 white bass, all fish were barely hooked in the lips with many lost right behind/beside the...
  18. Jveri

Knots for 20-25lb Fluorocarbon

Whats everyone use for knots when attaching heavy braid or fluoro to dispys/leadcore? I am using improved clinch knot for now just wanted to see what the general consensus was. Getting out trolling this weekend hopefully for the first time ever so just want to double check everything. Thanks,
  19. Jveri

Saturday east of burwell

Headed out around 8am saturday morning with two friends for the first perch trip of the year. Arrived in 40ft of water and it was game on for the first two hours of the day. Caught around 80 perch between the 3 of us and kept 40 or so for the frying pan. Moved around a bit into 35-38ft of water...
  20. Jveri

New guy saying hello

Hey Everyone My name is Joel, been cruising this board and fishing Erie the past couple of years so figured I would join up and try to contribute what I can. I mostly fish for perch on Lake Erie but I am buying some trolling gear this year to try for some Pickerel and Trout as well. I fish out...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks