Search results

1. P

Yo-Zuri Topknot Mainline Fluorocarbon

Super sniper comes in 200 yard rolls and is super abrasion resistant. Best stuff I’ve used, but not cheap.
  2. P

Yo-Zuri Topknot Mainline Fluorocarbon

If you want top notch fluoro leader that won’t break under strength the best I’ve found is Sunline super sniper. Amazingly tough stuff!
  3. P

Auto steer /pilot advice

That would be a site to see lol. My what a big trolling motor you have….
  4. P

Auto steer /pilot advice

Minn kota with a 72 inch shaft would probably do the trick.
  5. P

Spring channel cats.

Can’t help you with those rivers, but anywhere on from beginning of April we usually find some in the lower grand. Sometimes the fishing can be pretty good.
  6. P

Cellphone protection on the boat

In my pocket. Phone itself is waterproof. If it ends up in the water I’m having a bad day any way you slice it.
  7. P

Off Topic ISO downrigger help

No experience with the 6lb, so I can’t help you there. but I run the 8’s consistently and have found no difference in success rate. Unless you’re off the lighthouse at LP really how deep are you going to fish most of the time… for me it’s usually Glasgow 70 plus fow, and I’m generally not...
  8. P

Off Topic Transom tie down straps

You won’t regret it. My new boat came with boat buckles installed and I don’t know why I never had them before. They are awesome!
  9. P

Off Topic ISO downrigger help

Is that a Bankes boat? I don’t think I’ve ever seen riggers on one, that’s pretty cool. The big jons have a bit of a sag to em from what I’ve seen on friends boats. If you happen to have some 8lb balls kicking around they work just fine on Erie. I never run my 12’s unless I’m on Lake O.
  10. P

Off Topic Toronto Sportsmen Show👎👎👎

I went to the Hamilton bass masters swap last weekend with the entire family and had a great time. We don’t bother with the big shows anymore. Waste of time!
  11. P

Trolling motor batteries

I’m still running standard lead acids as that’s what came with my new to me boat and these batteries where all replaced spring of 2023. They do the job, and I own em. That said, when they die I may replace with lithium. It’ll be a few more years down the road to perfect the technology and...
  12. P

Trolling motor batteries

I think the fire concern is over rated. 15 years ago my oldest boy and I where running lithium RC batteries when they where “hazardous”. I even charged and ran badly puffed packs. I charged those ones outside, but never ran into a fire concern. Yes it can happen, does It happen often...
  13. P

carbon fibre or heavy barrel?

If you're plinking, .22 is the way to go for cost alone. Check out the CGN website and search Mystic Precision. He is doing some pretty cool stuff at 200 yards with the .22 I believe.
  14. P

Leadcore

Enough to put a board on, 20 feet of leader.
  15. P

Leadcore

5 colour. We pound a ton of fish on 5’s out on Erie. I’d make 2 of them if you spend the bulk of your time on Erie.
  16. P

Fishing Report Live Report: Lake Nippissing

Your in a good area! Keep pounding, glad your able to turn it around.
  17. P

Off Topic Universal free health care my Arse.

Your co-pay at a LTC will be $2900 a month for a private room. We’ve researched this extensively. When my father in law passed we had to find a place for my MIL as she has balance issues and can’t live alone. Fortunately she is of means. The total for a nice assisted living with no...
  18. P

Off Topic Pleasure Craft License Renewal

What he said, call your card company, tell ‘em you got duped. It’s worth a shot for the chargeback. Those scamsters suck!
  19. P

Off Topic Cheap warmth

Most guys refill the green cans. It might be illegal and not recommended, but so is doing 130 on the 401. The speeding generally ends in disaster far more often than refilling green cans. No kidding on the princess auto lol. I can spend way to much dough there. I only mentioned it because...
  20. P

Off Topic Cheap warmth

Home hardware can get the buddy heater filters as well, about $14 when I bought mine.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks