Search results

1. D

Any Canadian snowbirds making the trip

..I left last Tuesday to come south...crossed at Windsor/Detroit tunnel...no traffic whatsoever...I had my vaccination card in my hand and inspector didn't even want to look at it..(but he saw I had it ready if he asked..) I come back the middle of Dec for medical appts and Christmas...I'm in...
  2. D

Any Canadian snowbirds making the trip

...no you don't..if you have a covid test on Friday in Canada, you can go to the hockey game in Buffalo (with 20,000 of your closest, unvaccinated friends) and use that test to return to Canada as long as you return within 72 hours of the test being administered..makes absolutely no sense to...
  3. D

My first trip on Lake Erie in 2021,Was NOT!! suppose to start out like this!! 👎🙄

..u'd probably have made out a lot better if you would have lost that Habs cap............lol...the fishing/boating gods HATE Habs fans....
  4. D

Off Topic Anybody purchase self propelled lawnmowers ?

...bought a craftsman self propelled at Lowes last August...was a 750 mower on sale for 450...so far so good with it..you can adjust it to your pace by the self propelled lever..(I can't walk so fast anymore 'cause I'm an old bastard....)..Whatever you by make sure you have this feature..buddy...
  5. D

Stay at Home

....sirens on Trafalgar Rd. have been going crazy this morning...not sure if they are fire trucks or from the Ambulance station across Vet's Memorial...
  6. D

Off Topic Thames River walleye

..I see some vehicles parked by Veteran's Memorial in London....anybody having any luck there??
  7. D

Off Topic, Green House

...you guys sure you are growing tomatoes??...might need something that will grow at least 4 plants...to maybe 4 or 5 ft tall???
  8. D

Beaching Fiberglass Boat

..I too had a 17 foot Tempest..beached it too many times to count in the 14 years I had it..never had a problem..The first summer we owned it, we rented a cottage within Colchester Harbour..It was beached there all summer with no problems..just make sure you put up the lower unit when...
  9. D

Fresh Perch $$$

...that;s actually down a bit...went to one of the fish stores in Wheatley in August..perch was $22 /lb and pickeral was $8....
  10. D

Off Topic? Rat

12 guage too messy....my choice would be a 410 double barrel.....
  11. D

Turkey yesterday, walleye today

...send me a pack Trevor..I'm just across Trafalgar from you..I'll even pick it up...
  12. D

Off Topic Old boat

18E was Hamilton..
  13. D

Off Topic Old boat

...that's not how the boat registration system worked..In years gone by, boat registration was handled by the local Customs house..usually an inland "port"..the Customs offices were all given their unique prefix for licensing such as 7E, 75E, 48E etc. The boat would carry that registration...
  14. D

Off Topic COVID-19

..my HO on the border??..at least the end of the year IF they get their acts together over there...sad because we got two grandsons in Michigan (oh yeah, kinda like their mom a little bit too) and we have to be content with Facebook video chat hugs..no Florida for us this year either even if the...
  15. D

Off Topic Lowrance depth finder question

...I'm just guessing too, but if the GPS and all the "above water" functions are working but the "below water" functions like depth and fish finder are not, sounds like a transducer or maybe a loose connection to the transducer someplace..I had the Elite 5 on the Tara, but never ran into a...
  16. D

TV options ?

...Firestick and Beast tv...yes, has WFN..$40 US for 3 months..
  17. D

Timing for fishing out of Port Burwell

..Everybody will be itchin' this weekend..highs in the 20's...sold my boat in the fall...hope the new owner can get out soon and has as much fun as we did..
  18. D

I realy dont get it

nobody will be putting their boats in the water...the lifting of the restrictions on marinas says they can start working getting boats ready..spring start up...NOONE is allowed at their dock at a marina...we took a drive to Port Bruce today..no docks in the water so i'm assuming Greg can get his...
  19. D

Storing Fish at home regualtion

...Hey duckman...I got another one for em..I catch, clean and freeze my catch...I also go to a fish market out by Wheatley in the fall and buy walleye and perch fillets for the winter caught by commercial fisherman. The fish market packages them in bulk for me to bring home. I break bulk and...
  20. D

Who does this

..I use a vaccuum sealer..there was a link on here last week where to order the rolls from..much cheaper than canadian tire or costco...they are excellent ...no freezer burn even 9 months later..I remember my mom freezing cherries in those things tho..they seemed to work well..
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks