Search results

1. Schmick

For Sale Hunter’s Edge Mac Daddy Caddy Pack Out Chair

New condition swivel hunting chair with ammo/stuff box under seat. Very comfortable with silent swivel. Beagle not included… Asking $75
  2. Schmick

Fishing Report Lazy Bird Misses The Bite… Apparently… 🤔

Headed out of Burwell around 11 with high hopes. Drowned a plethora of various colours and shapes in around 55’ for a few hours before hitting a scheiskopf around 2:30, quickly followed by a little gaffer pickerel and a nice size silver. All fish caught on worm harnesses on the riggers with the...
  3. Schmick

Port Burwell June 10

Nothing to report……….😢….. not 1 knock….even jigged for an hour….
  4. Schmick

Fishing Report Burwell June 5

On the water at 8am. Set up in 40’ a little West of port. Marked a few nice hooks here and there while trolling out to deeper water but no takers. Swung back in from 48’ when the marks stopped showing and hit a 4lber at 42’ on a #1 dipsey down about 35’ with a Pink Panties spoon. Shortly after...
  5. Schmick

Off Topic Helo on the ice

A chopper just landed on the ice at far East end of pressure crack. It looked sketchy so we decided not to chance it and stayed inside of it. Hope all is well with everyone out here.
  6. Schmick

Off Topic Last kick at the cat?

2 inches of rain in February??? Are you effing kidding me? Do we think this might be it? I was really hoping to get out on the family day weekend with some friends that have never gone before but that might be pie in the sky with the impending weather.
  7. Schmick

Catch of the Day

Fishing was terrible but the company was hilarious. This is one of 2 items retrieved from the deep. Maybe gonna give up the fishing and start a salvage company 🤣
  8. Schmick

Fishing Report Collins Feb 5

Slow news day out of Collins today. 7 fow with a couple smalls on the camera. Anyone having any luck out there? Water is murky af!
  9. Schmick

Fishing Report St Willy Jan 29

Slow news day out here today. Beauty day none the less. 4 in the bucket, 1 released hammer handle, and 1 smallie. Tons of fish down there, not many takers!
  10. Schmick

Fishing Report St Williams Jan 22

Had a fun day on the hard water. Set up at 8:30 in 8’. Had fish one in 10 minutes. Released a few dinks and decided to keep an 8” for luck. Started catching and quickly developed into a shit show with multiple double and triple headers for nearly an hour. Fish got bigger and bigger as the...
  11. Schmick

Off Topic Machines on the Ice at LPB

What is everyone thinking about the likelihood of the ice at St Willy being machine worthy by this weekend? Ice charts show it locked right up and it should be making good ice again after tomorrow (which should crust up the snow nicely) Good luck out there, all!
  12. Schmick

Off Topic Proposed New Regulatory Fees

Just found this gem on the TC website (like anyone every goes there to find this stuff) on which they are looking at implementing a fee structure directed at boat owners to offset costs for abandoned, wrecked, and unfit vessels on the waterways. The proposed fee appears to be flat rate of $10...
  13. Schmick

Off Topic Dipsey settings

Looking for a dipsey guru that can explain to me how I can have 2 #1 dipseys set on 3 and have 1 able to go 125’ and beyond with no issue, while the other starts bouncing and tugging when it gets below 105’ no matter which way I’m trolling?? It’s the strangest thing as you’d swear it’s getting...
  14. Schmick

Fishing Report Burwell Sept 4

Set up on the water at around 8:15 in 56 fow. Action right off the hop with the whole flock of sheep jumping in the boat along with a small Pickerel. Moved out to 60-61 and started landing the right species consistently down 35-42. Could not establish a colour pattern OR platform to concentrate...
  15. Schmick

Professional Perch Cleaning

Here you go folks, something to aspire to…blows my everlovin’ mind…
  16. Schmick

Burwell August 21 Mid-morning and Afternoon

Another stellar day on the water. I was really hoping that the reports from yesterday would be an indicator of what today could bring and we definitely were not disappointed. On the water around 9 and off by 3 (putting along enjoying the weather out there) 17 Pickerel landed, 2 released, 1 lost...
  17. Schmick

Fishing Report Nanticoke Aug 2

Almost didn’t go and then could not resist as the day looked pretty mint. Launched at Hoover’s around 11 and went out to 65’ to set up. Nothing happening there so we wrapped up and headed to the elbow in 100’. Lost a big fish on the dipsey due to a faulty worm harness and another spit the hook...
  18. Schmick

What a beauty day!

Went out of Burwell at 8:30 hoping to get a few hours in before the big blow and ended up staying on the water for 6 hours. It’s not often the weather man is wrong in our favour! Water was so tame the rigging was a breeze for a change. Ended up boating 10 nice Pickerel and a 6lb Bow, (only...
  19. Schmick

Sufix Leadcore

So just getting into this whole leadcore witchcraft… set up a segmented line on braid backing with 2 runs of 5 colour and a floro leader. 27 lb Sufix lead line has snapped twice in the middle of the colour. Both times with a ninja board snapped onto braid and seemingly with a large fish on but...
  20. Schmick

Finally!

Beauty day out on the water at Burwell. On the water by 8:30 and off by 2:30. 7 nice eaters from 2 to 4.5lbs (more on the high side) Put 2 back for next year and lost 1 biggie on dipsey and 1 on leadcore (breakage….more to come on that…) Everything on worms behind the dipseys today except the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks