Search results

1. BallEye2

Fresh Water Drum / Sheepshead recipes

Anyone have any recipes for sheepshead? Have a fishing friend asking. Thanks in advance Balleye
  2. BallEye2

Interesting article related to Long Point.

Not fishing related but Long Point related.
  3. BallEye2

I D your GEAR

After having read numerous posts - and I know it has been mentioned time and time again - but I am going to say it once more: I.D. your GEAR! Name & Phone Number. Engraved, Black Sharpie, Engraved tag attached - whatever tickles your fancy. Gettng lost gear back is a crap shoot - getting...
  4. BallEye2

Port Maitland?

Anybody been out of Port Maitland recently? Any success? TIA - Cheers - Balleye
  5. BallEye2

ELBOW / LIGHTHOUSE Reports? Fish?

Any walleye or rainbow being caught out at the Elbow or Lighthouse recently? TIA. Cheers and Keep Safe Balleye
  6. BallEye2

Know the water, know the weather - Don't take chances.

Fortunately everything turned out okay (with the exception of the boat) for these fisherman. Be responsible - know when NOT to go. And if you do go - make sure you and your craft are capable, know the water, know the weather. Putting yourself and rescuers at risk for a fish - just not worth...
  7. BallEye2

Burwell Sunday July 26 ????

Anybody on the water out of Burwell - this a.m. or presently? Just curious about Lake conditions. Thanks in advance. Cheers - Balleye.
  8. BallEye2

Shout Out to Stomp!

Stomp - just wanted to say THANKS for the site. Was able to sell a couple of Cannon Mini Mag downriggers I no longer used - AND by going to one of your sponsors - MD Marine Insurance - was able to save some dough on my watercraft policy - and cut through a bunch of red tape that my present...
  9. BallEye2

Port Dover Marina Link

Saw some asking about hours and rates. Here is the link: http://www.norfolkcounty.ca/locations/port-dover-harbour-marina/
  10. BallEye2

Coulchester / Leamington / Erieau ???? Lately

Has anyone fished Coulchester / Leamington / Erieau within the last week? Thinking of making the trip this week for a few days of fishing and would like to go to where they are hitting. Any tips or tricks on what was working would be much appreciated. Cheers, Balleye2
  11. BallEye2

LEAMINGTON

2 of us in Leamington today - fished 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. - ONLY boat on the water. First fish - a decent size in the first 5 minutes - 2 more fish before we packed it in. Washed lots of RRs, Spoons and some Tail Dancers - 2 on RRs, 1 on TD. Lead and Dipsys on braid were the weapons of choice...
  12. BallEye2

Lake Toll Booths coming.

Enough is enough!!! Ford Gov has gone too far with this one, in 2021 they will start building toll booths for boaters in Port Stanley, Bruce, Glasgow, Burwell, Rowan.....
  13. BallEye2

Holguin, Cuba - Deep Sea Fishing

My son is heading to Cuba this weekend for a quick vacation in the sun and asked me if he should go deep sea fishing. I have no experience with a Deep Sea excursion in Cuba - anyone have any experience? Good outfitter? Recommendations? Any advice much appreciated. Cheers, Balleye
  14. BallEye2

OFF TOPIC - Mercury Inboard/Outboard Winterization

Do you winterize your own boat? Did it a few years ago - didn't do last season due to no time. Want to do it again this season - provided time permits - and it means I can use my boat a little longer and I am not at the mercy of the shop as to when they can do it, when I can pick it up - what...
  15. BallEye2

Hoovers Tourney on Saturday the 28th

Anybody fish the tourney out of Hoovers on Saturday? What was the lake like? What was the tourney like? What ended up winning if it happened? TIA for info. Balleye2
  16. BallEye2

Port Burwell - Saturday July 13th

Headed out of Port Burwell on Saturday the 13th with my brother in law from Ottawa. He hasn't caught a pickerel in 10 yrs - and after hearing of my success on Lake Erie he was itching to catch. Our Friday night warm up prevented us from getting to the water early. Launched and headed out @...
  17. BallEye2

Big Planer boards and/or offshore boards

Seeking some information on planer board use, please and thanks. When using planer boards - either big boards on a mast or the inline/offshore mini boards - best line to use? Does or will braid work on the releases or will I have a hard time getting it to knock off when I get a hit? If so...
  18. BallEye2

Off Topic - Seeking accommodation info Leamington area

Just reaching out to see if any members can suggest a trailer park or alternative in the Leamington or Port Glasgow area. Looking to go middle of June - 15th. Given how good pickerel fishing was last year and with predictions for this season being even better a friend and I are considering...
  19. BallEye2

Perch back from Vacation?

I haven't been out on the ice - but judging from the posts I have been reading - the perch that were so elusive around LPB this past summer would appear to have returned from their vacation? Dare I say - I think I have seen more perch photos after a few weeks of ice fishing that I saw ALL...
  20. BallEye2

2019 Fishing Regulation Errors

Just as a point of interest and in order to keep out of "hot" water - anglers may want to be aware of errors in the 2019 Fishing Regulations. https://oodmag.com/news/errors-2019-ontario-fishing-regs/ Scroll down to comments when reading - makes mention to a Perch error in possession limits...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks