Search results

1. S

Ice cleats…Don’t leave Home Without Them!

Crazy windy day yesterday. Fished out from Old Cut with limited success. On the way in ran into several people stranded unable to walk against the wind without cleats. Brought six people in with two trips with the Argo.
  2. S

GK goose call

Does anyone know anyplace that carries GK calls?
  3. S

Smoked Wild Turkey?

I usually deep fry or roast my wild turkey but thought I might try doing it on the smoker. Just afraid it might be too lean and dry out. Has anyone had experience smoking one?
  4. S

Turkey Down

Boy it was chilly this morning! Arrived at my spot at 5:30am after 1/2 km walk. After a weekend of yard work and standing for 12 hours on Saturday smoking a brisket I didn't feel like sitting on the ground, so I set up my pop up blind just off a field in some mixed grass and brush. I had to do...
  5. S

Freighter Canoe for Ducks

I've been waterfowl hunting since I was a kid but mainly creeks, and fields, no bigger water/marshes etc., and I am interested in getting into some bigger water hunting. I have a 20 ft aluminum fishing boat with I/O that would be too big and also have a 16 foot Scott Freighter that I love using...
  6. S

First Smoker Attempt...Beef & Goose

While I always prided myself as a master on the BBQ, experimenting with a smoke box got me looking to expand. After lot of research and deliberation between a pellet grill and an offset smoker, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up an offset smoker last week. I wanted to do a brisket...
  7. S

Controlled Deer Hunt - last day to apply

Hey ,just a reminder that today is the last day to apply for the controlled deer hunt draw.
  8. S

Geese?

The geese and mallards seem to have disappeared the last week or two, hunting Dunnvlille, Cayuga area. Anyone still into the birds?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks