Search results

1. roaddog

Off Topic Lowrance Hook 7 navigating to way point

Looking to see if someone can explain navigating to a waypoint. I’m looking to have the lowrance create a safe route to get to a way point. Eg Looking to have a clear safe route back from Elbow to inner bay. Tried Sunday and it kept trying to bring me across land to the marina.
  2. roaddog

Where to go tomorrow, Glasgow, Stanley or Burwell?

Coming from London, Looking for recommendations as to where we should go for eyes.
  3. roaddog

Off Topic Anyone here stay or keep their boat at Booth's Harbour?

We keep the boat in the water in the inner bay for the summer. Now that pretty much all marinas in the area charge the same rate we are thinking about moving. I'm interested in thoughts on Booth's. The goods and bads would be great appreciated.
  4. roaddog

Fishing Report Nanticoke Sunday sept 6

Lines in at 11:30. Fished straight south in 50’. Lots of marks but only 2 silvers in 2 hours . Headed to 80’ and got 4 walleye in the 5 hours. We talked about calling it a day at 5:15 and lines started going off. Limited out by 5:45. Fish were 65-70 deep. RRF and wonder bread spoons.
  5. roaddog

Fishing Report Elbow July 25

Fished from 10:00 - 3:00. Started in 60’ and went East to 90’ then back west to start. Repeat. Running Dipsey’s. Landed 8 lost 3. One farm animal. Set lines to 55 -60 deep.
  6. roaddog

Fishing Report Nanticoke July 18

Headed out at 10:30 back in at 3:00. Managed to get 3 only. Headed SE out of marina to about 60. Tried to head west about 2:00pm but waves were making it pretty tough so headed to Hoover’s. Pulled the bot and head a beer in the patio.
  7. roaddog

Off Topic Looking for indoor storage in the London area

Need storage for a 20 foot boat.
  8. roaddog

Off Topic Looking for opinions on options for navigation/GPS

I already have a fish finder that works fine but would like to have routing for navigation and waypoints. I've looked at a few combination units but not looking to spend big money. I see the Garmin Striker 4 Plus for around $150. Anyone have one? Anyone have a recommendation that's say less then...
  9. roaddog

Off Topic Anyone fishing Elbow or the shoal today?

Trying to decide if conditions are favorable. Wind finder says 1ft and .7ft later. We were out yesterday and has a terrible ride in around 5pm huge waves. and don’t want to experience that again.
  10. roaddog

Fishing Report August 31 Elbow

Went out from Sandboy to Elbow. Arrived at 2:30. Fished 65 FOW with 4 rods dipsy’s staggered 30- 45 deep. Tried the Minn Kota trolling at 1.8 mph. Got 2 eyes about 40 deep. Made the turn back towards Turkey Point ran main motor around 2.6 mph had all 4 rods go off pretty much instantly. Speed...
  11. roaddog

Off Topic Opinion on kicker motor HP

I was looking at adding a kicker to my setup, I was thinking 9.9 HP but cam a cross a 20Hp for about the same cost. Is 20Hp to big? We do use the boat for tubing with the kids as well. Do you think the extra weight would be hard on the transom?
  12. roaddog

Decoding the fishing reports

I visit frequently to see what people are catching in and around the Long point area, what depth of water, what tackle. but I really struggle trying to figure out what tackle people are using because of the short forms. For eg RRH pink panties...no idea what that is. Just saying complete names...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks