Search results

1. HTHM

Sold Stratos Fish and Ski

Selling a 1999 18.5' Stratos Fish and Ski for a Senior Citizen friend. I do not know the boat's history other than a run up and down the Grand last fall. It ran out quite nice at that time and was able to handle moderate water on Erie. It comes with a 1998 135 HP Optimax, a kicker mount, full...
  2. HTHM

Off Topic Silverado to Colorado

I am considering changing from my current truck, 2017 Silverado with 5.3l to a current model year Colorado Trail boss or Z71. Reason being, I do a lot of urban driving and would like to have something more maneuverable in heavy traffic. The challenge is, I use my Silverado for towing a boat...
  3. HTHM

Border Issue

All Niagara area border crossings are closed right now due to a vehicle explosion at the Rainbow Bridge. I hope no one took a day trip today. You'll be going back via Gananoque or Detroit.
  4. HTHM

Un-friking-believable

https://www.thespec.com/news/cambridge-man-has-leg-snapped-by-spike-on-grand-river-fishing-trip-police-search-for/article_acab1491-adff-58f2-b5de-f41da1b08749.html
  5. HTHM

Saturday - Elbow or Burwell?

I may be taking two brothers in law out on Saturday, and trying to decide between the Elbow and Burwell as a destination. What would you suggest?
  6. HTHM

Fishing Report Went to the promised land...

So, I was able to go to our local hotbed of walleye fishing today, Port Burwell. I did NOT have a good day. Managed to get 7 colours of lead core wrapped around the prop of my kicker, worse that that I lost my genuine Kangaroo skin hat at 53 feet of water. If found please return it. It has...
  7. HTHM

Shawanaga Lake

Has anyone ever fished this lake? I will be staying there at the end of September. Hoping for some intel, if possible.
  8. HTHM

Hope for a good outcome

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-region/emergency-services-search-for-missing-teenager-in-lake-ontario/article_d57f8d72-2de8-5f12-95d3-b996ec96f6d8.html 14 year old lost on Lady O.
  9. HTHM

Off Topic Port Burwell Sat 7/29

With the forecast, what do better minds than mine say about launching there early afternoon?
  10. HTHM

Short notice open seat

I'm planning on launching out of Maitland tomorrow Sat 22. Have room for another.
  11. HTHM

Off Topic Newfoundland ferry

How soon do you need to book a passage on the ferry from North Sydney to Port Aux Basques ahead of time to get a spot? We are planning for next July right now.
  12. HTHM

Navigation aid gone Port Maitland

Was out on the Grand today chasing cats, got one about 7 pounds, and when I ran to the lake I saw this: The big lighthouse on the pier is still standing, but the small one warning of the rock pile is tipped over. I'm thinking ice, but we haven't had much this year.
  13. HTHM

Lower Grand Cats

Anyone know if the run is on yet? I'm planning on Monday.
  14. HTHM

Monster Bass on 12 pound line

https://www.ketk.com/news/local-news/lady-angler-catches-pending-world-record-largemouth-bass-at-o-h-ivie-lake/amp/
  15. HTHM

Off Topic OOPS! Lower Unit

Well, I made an error when going over the boat this spring, after checking the lower unit oil. I must have not put the upper screw plug in correctly, because after I retrieved the boat, after an unsuccessful brown hunt, I saw a white steak on my lower unit. The plug was (is) gone and water got...
  16. HTHM

Ace has been caught by local Angler

https://www.thespec.com/local-haldimand/news/2023/03/30/caught-the-ace-in-hagersville.html It took 45 weeks, but the Ace of Spades has been caught in Hagersville. Richard Marshall of Nanticoke was the winner of not only the weekly prize, but also the progressive jackpot, for a total of over $2...
  17. HTHM

Bow Mount woes

So, there I was, minding my own business installing the new XI5 Motor guide that I just bought, when I found out a minn kota quick connect mount does not fit my new motor. The solution was to have the plate that attaches to the motor and slides into the deck bracket cut back about 1" in the...
  18. HTHM

Wheatley

I'm probably going to Wheatley on Saturday, is there anything out there that I should see? Never been there before.
  19. HTHM

Off Topic Trailer Brake Identification

I have a Fisher trailer, and want to redo the brakes on it, surge brakes BTW. I believe that they are disc brakes as well. Where do I look to get the correct part numbers, or should I just take it to a shop?
  20. HTHM

Hamilton Bayfront Park Heroics

Another fisherman to the rescue: https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-region/2022/10/28/car-sinks-bayfront-boat-launch.html
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks