Search results

1. fishing or farming

Off Topic Port Bruce Catfish Derby for kids

Does anyone have anymore information about the upcoming catfish derby in Port Bruce. I would like to take my son Thanks
  2. fishing or farming

Coin trick for levelling transducer

Hi everyone 😊 I’m setting up a new fish finder on my boat and came across this awesome video on transducer setup. Click this 👇 Coin trick for transducer setup I know most of us had someone else setup our transducers and looking at how my old one was setup I’m glad I took the time to do this...
  3. fishing or farming

For Sale Worm Harnesses

Hi Everyone 👋 I’ve been tying worm harnesses again this winter. These are made from the best quality materials. 25 lb Fluorocarbon and 2 large laser sharpened hooks on the business end. Order from my website. $1.25 shipping charge applies at checkout per harness. 👉www.eriesecrets.ca👈 Or come...
  4. fishing or farming

Fishing Report Long Point Bay Oct 5

Out Collins Harbour 👍🏻 3 guys and 3 scoops of minnows. We went north of the group and didn’t find to many, toured out to EC with only a few to show. Moved back to the west of the pack and 💥 right on top. Had some great fishing for 3 hours. Kept 31. I also tried worms and plastics but the minnow...
  5. fishing or farming

Twins and schools

Two things over the years that stand true when fishing walleye and Erie. To get your limit you need twins and schools. Twins aren’t the two guys you take on the boat to help you loose fish. They are the two rods set up with the same setup. Their rod, reel, line and everything else is the same...
  6. fishing or farming

Fog tip

I’ve fished fog before. Some of the best fishing by far. I’d like to share a tip I learnt. When you leave port, go east or west 2 km before you head out….. that way when you start to head out to say 48 fow you won’t run into other boaters. I tell this to the people in the boat in front of me...
  7. fishing or farming

Erie Secrets Inline Fishing Camera

I purchased an inline camera to showcase the harnesses I build @ Erie Secrets. This was my maiden voyage with the camera on the leadcore line. I had it in the water for 3 fish and my heart was pounding especially when I realized I had a Bow on for the second fish. 3 species in less than 1 hr...
  8. fishing or farming

Off Topic Dead fish. Erieau

I’ve debated posting this for a couple days. I’m not 100% certain the dead fish came from the net tug fishing boat that past by us less than one minute prior but it was left in their exaust trail. I understand as a farmer this type of harvesting is hard to control. In the Ontario agriculture...
  9. fishing or farming

Off Topic Spydro underwater camera

Hey all I am looking to buy a spydro underwater inline camera. If your reading this and haven’t seen them they are supposed to be the best on the market. They are Better than the competitors because they have a mobile app and a bite indicator which starts recording 10 seconds before the bite and...
  10. fishing or farming

Off Topic Running harnesses with body baits

I often get asked how fast can I run a harness? The answer I have is in form of a question. What blade are you using and how good is the clevis your using? A Colorado blade with a well made clevis can spin at speeds up to 2.3 mph. Any faster and it may act more like a spoon and drag. A Willow...
  11. fishing or farming

Erie Secrets 10% off Harnesses

Hi all I just updated my website with 40 new worm harnesses. Get 10% off worm harnesses with coupon code STOMPS10. Click here to visit Erie Secrets Also take a look at some custom painted dipsys. They won’t last long. Erie Secrets (👈 click here to check it out) Thanks for viewing Dan...
  12. fishing or farming

Fishing Report Looking for Pike

Hey Y’all. I want to target pike this Friday in the bay. Can someone help me find them? (Pm me to not give away to everyone) I am trying to get my avid (master) angler award this year and need a 30” pike. This is put on by OFAH on there website OFAH angler awards I challenge others to do the...
  13. fishing or farming

How to fish with Harnesses

I have studied the art of harness fishing for the past 5 years. I’ve tied over 1000 harnesses in that time. I’ve asked many questions and caught a ton of fish personally with our harnesses and help others do the same. I get a lot of questions about how to use worm harnesses. I created this...
  14. fishing or farming

UV worm harnesses

Always tie fresh for the season. UV Erie Secrets worm harnesses. freshly tied, available in March.
  15. fishing or farming

Ice Fishing Sleds

We started building sleds 2 years ago with the idea of making ice travel easier. Today we offer a fully customizable frame to which you can attach a handle, skis or blades, auger holder, tow hitch, train tow hitch, rod holder, fish finder. The list goes on. Our frames have been tested with 430...
  16. fishing or farming

Off Topic Ice Fishing Sled

2 years ago I bought a big Otter Cabin flip over hut. I was determined to pull the weight of it plus my auger, gear, lunch, heater, propane, underwater camera and fish finder out on the ice to fish. this did not go so well. I decided to build a “smitty” which worked great until the screws...
  17. fishing or farming

Off Topic Boat cleaners

Hi all, What does everyone use to clean that green algae off their boat hull? that time of year again 😣
  18. fishing or farming

Port Bruce walleye derby

Well we didn’t think our 4.25 lb fish would win but we didn’t think it would end up so far down the board. Congratulations to all. Great day on the water. Most fish we caught (about 25) were very close to the bottom. My lead counter read 360ft straight out the back and 425ft on the in-line board...
  19. fishing or farming

Fishing Report No more blood in your boat + report

Fished yesterday from Glasgow. Night tour with 2 customers. 4-7:00 roughy water. Started in 50 fow. Fished to 56 fow. Caught 7 walleye. Flicker shads and my Erie Secret harnesses did most of the work. It was so rough that one of the guys got so sick he threw up 🤢 I asked numerous times to go...
  20. fishing or farming

Off Topic Port Stanley Launch??

Can anyone help me find the best place to launch in Port Stanley I’m going tomorrow haven’t ever left port from there. Also depth of walleye and water column would help 😂 thanks
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks