Search results

1. K

Downrigger opinions

I have used Big Jon's for 45 years and have had no problems. You get what you pay for.
  2. K

Off Topic North Erie Marina no more??

From what l understand the marine workshop at North Erie Marina will not reopen. Which is too bad as l always had them do all of my work on my boat. Is there anyone close to Port Bruce that will do work on boats?
  3. K

Off Topic North Erie Marina no more??

Hopefully the new owners are as good as Sam and Greg. They were the best that l have ever known. Very sad to see them go..but l sure do wish them the best for them in the future.
  4. K

Leads off Dwn Riggers East End Lake Erie Walleye

Pink panties cooper back
  5. K

Leads off Dwn Riggers East End Lake Erie Walleye

I have been fishing with down riggers for over 50 years. If you are fishing for trout or salmon short leads work best 10 feet. Walleye longer leads 25 to 30 feet. Shorter leads work better in choppy water. I was out of Bruce yesterday and had a great day. Caught some very big fish. 90% of the...
  6. K

Port Bruce waves?

I look at both..... Port Bruce being in the middle...when you go out you know which way to go..windfinder is the best..
  7. K

Advice on Electric Downriggers

The best advice l can give you is to get BigJohns they are #1
  8. K

July 14 Port Bruce

Good to hear thanks for the info
  9. K

What wind app is the best

I like windfinder the best.
  10. K

Burwell 9 July

Went out of Port Bruce yesterday. We did good. 5/8 Walleys 1/3 rainbows 4 big silver bass and 2 monster sheepshead. Fish were caught 52 to 60 feet of water 7 colour lead core did the best but did catch a couple with riggers. Blue and silver ripplin red fin was the hot one. You have to remember...
  11. K

Fishing Report Bruce - Sept 8

Too bad you had to work to get your limit. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. Do you remember ever getting skunked?
  12. K

Off Topic Worm tipping

Do your research worm on a RRF on one rod and no worm on another and see which one does the best. Use the same RRF on both rods.
  13. K

Fish Port Bruce

about 30 to 40 feet behind the ball.
  14. K

Fish Port Bruce

Made it out Fri. July 5th Fished for perch 8 stops at diferent depths 0 fish. Started trolling for pics got 2 man limit half of the pics were caught off downriggers and the other half useing lead core. Missed a big bow spit the hook on it's 3rd jump. Also caught a big silver bass. Ripplin Red...
  15. K

Off Topic Big john rigger ??

Angling Outfitters in Woodstock . I bought some there last season.
  16. K

Fishing Report BRUCE WALLEYE July 12th

I was straight South of NEM
  17. K

I was straight South of NEM
  18. K

A old fishing buddy and good friend also went out of North Erie Marina 2018-07-13. Beauty of a day on the Lake. We landed 2 pics over our limit and released the last 2. All fish caught in 40 - 45 ft of water. Most of them caught with lead core out 8 colours useing ripplin red fin blue and...
  19. K

erie chop?

I find Windfinder the best for weather reports check Burwell and Port Stanley reports and Port Bruce is in the middle.
  20. K

Fishing Report Just wondering if the bite is still on for eyes

He said he was out in 65ft out of Glascow !!
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks