Search results

1. T

Surface Drive Horse Power pick?

Hello Guys, For what it is worth ... Wayne May at Sandboy Marina once told me years ago that a 14 foot V-Hull boat with a 20 HP outboard is the minimum for the Inner Bay taking into consideration the cold weather and unpredictable weather later in the waterfowl season. Jerome
  2. T

LPWA Annual General Meeting

Hello OCLP, It is being held at the Delta Waterfowl facilities on Turkey Point Road. The start time is 0900 hours as usual. Jerome
  3. T

Surface Drive Horse Power pick?

Hello Dirty Harry, It is a "mud motor" so you may find yourself unexpectantly in some fairly shallow water at times due to the change in the wind ... better have that extra power just in case. Please exercise caution with any "jon boat" outside of the inner marsh as a west wind can really turn...
  4. T

Hello Guys, I received an e-mail notification from the LPWA yesterday that our AGM is being held on May 04 this year. Jerome
  5. T

Hello Guys, Any word as to when our AGM will be held this year? Jerome
  6. T

Tundra Swan Season Update (2024)

Hello OCLP, Good points ... actually I had also thought about what would be left of a Dove after being hit with steel #3 shot and would it be worth it. Personally I would not bother shooting at a Dove in the Crown Marsh due to shot considerations and I would only specifically target Doves in a...
  7. T

Hello Greener, I have been a LPWA member since January of 2004 and I have attended every AGM since that time (no AGM in 2020 and 2021 due to pandemic) with only one exception ... in 2022 ... just after the "lock down". I can state categorically that no vote was ever taken during an AGM...
  8. T

Hello Greener, I understand the point that you are making however there are some individuals who think that they should be able to harvest a Mourning Dove if the opportunity ever presented itself. I do not recall ever having a Mourning Dove fly past a blind that I was hunting from in the Crown...
  9. T

Million Duck Campaign

Date: March 26, 2024 Re: Million Duck Campaign Hello Guys, I have a small request to make for all of you: 1) For those who are currently Delta Waterfowl members take a look at page 63 of the Spring 2024 issue and consider making a contribution to our "Million Duck Campaign" this year ...
  10. T

Date: March 26, 2024 Re: Tundra Swan Season Update Mute Swan Population Control Hello Guys, I was involved in a series of correspondence (e-mails) with a senior representative of the Canadian Wildlife Service between March and June of 2023 in which she introduced me to several members...
  11. T

Ontario Sandhill Crane Hunting

Continued from Part 5 6) My response to the CWS as submitted: Date: January 18, 2023 Re: Proposed Sandhill Crane Season I am writing to express my support for the proposed Sandhill Crane season that the CWS is considering implementing in the future. I thought however that a limited (tag...
  12. T

Continued from Part 4 5) Black Duck Changes: The following is a brief synopsis of the proposed changes to the Black Duck bag limits for this province: a) the daily bag limit is increased from 4 to 6 in the Hudson-James Bay, Northern and Central Waterfowl Districts. b) the daily bag limit is...
  13. T

Continued from Part 3 4) Mute Swan Issue: I originally submitted a proposal to the CWS in October of 2010 regarding the delisting of the Mute Swan from the List of Protective Species as the Mute Swan is an "invasive" species. This proposal was added as an agenda item for the OWAC meeting to be...
  14. T

Continued from Part 2 3) Tundra Swan Season: I originally submitted a proposal to the CWS in October of 2010 regarding the potential implementation of a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season in this province. This proposal was added as an agenda item for the OWAC meeting to be held in November...
  15. T

Continued from Part 1 2) Sandhill Crane Season: I was advised in January of 2010 that the Eastern Population of Sandhill Cranes consisted of approximately 20,000 birds and was increasing year over year. That number however had apparently increased to approximately 60,000 birds by 2016 and was...
  16. T

Hello Guys, I am responding to several comments and questions that have been made. It should be noted that the Canadian Wildlife Service (CWS) has been (remains) an active participant of the Ontario Waterfowl Advisory Committee (OWAC) which consists of representatives from the Ontario...
  17. T

Hello Guys, I will comment in more depth regarding several points later this week. In the meantime it is definitely one (1) bird per day for the two (2) week season. Jerome PS That limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season is taking shape.
  18. T

Ice Conditions at Long Point (2023-24)

Hello Guys, I thought that it would be interesting to note that I saw a Great Blue Heron feeding along the causeway in "ice free" water on Thursday afternoon (January 11) and a Pied-Billed Grebe feeding behind my seawall in "ice free" water later that same day. The storm arrived Friday evening...
  19. T

Hello Brandon, My neighbour and two of his friends tried B Zone on Saturday morning with his two-man layout boat ... one gave up after a few hours but my neighbour and the other friend continued afterwards with his one-man layout boat and had a "blast" of a time out there. Jerome PS I had...
  20. T

Hello Guys, I had some trouble seeing any ice around here this afternoon ... just some very thin ice in the calm shallow areas ... nothing to be concern about. There could be more ice by tomorrow morning but the temperature of the water is still fairly warm ... 42 F across the lake at Erie...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks