Search results

1. spilliard1

Off Topic Erie Bassmasters info & new member search

Hey guys. Just wanted to do a general shout out. Erie Bassmasters is a non-profit group, BASS Nation club focusing on local bass & pike events and conservation. We work closely with the LPBAA (Long Point Bay Anglers Association). The LPBAA owns our local live release boat. They are at all of our...
  2. spilliard1

Muskie found dead

Guys I am might get blasted for this but I am going to do it anyway. There have been multiple large muskie found dead on the beaches of Turkey Point. Including 4 this morning. This source has found 7 this year. After the nice weather and multiple boats out fishing this past weekend its very...
  3. spilliard1

2023 LPBAA/Erie Bassmaster LPB Bass Open

Hey Guys LPBAA/Erie Bassmasters will be holding our annual bass tournament next weekend out of Macdonald Marina in Turkey Point. Details: Saturday July 15 Turkey Point Macdonald Marina 7:00am blast off 3:00pm weigh in $150 team (includes 20 for big fish pool) We will be registering teams out...
  4. spilliard1

***2023 LPBAA & Erie Bassmaster Spring Pike Tournament ***OFFICIAL SET DATE***

Hey Guys Its official, the *LPBAA & Erie Bassmaster Spring Pike Tournament* is a go for Saturday May 13, 2023 out of Sandboy Marina in Long Point. We are happy to have them on board again this season as it was an excellent venue for our event last year with a great turnout. I have attached a...
  5. spilliard1

Off Topic 2023 LPBAA & Erie Bassmaster Spring Pike Tournament

Hey Guys This is a 'save the date' post. It is in regards to this years Spring Pike Tournament. We will be hosting the event SATURDAY MAY 13, 2023. The venue is still to be confirmed. Once we confirm with them we will post more details. Looking forward to another great turnout & event again...
  6. spilliard1

Off Topic 2022 Long Point Fall Pike Tournament - Cancelled

Hey Guys Just wanted to post about the Fall Pike Tournament. Following are the details: Saturday Oct 8, 2022 Port Rowan Harbour 8am - 3pm 2 anglers per boat $ 140 team ($20 of that $140 will go to the big fish pool) 100% payout Channel 6-8 will also be donating $140 for a returning entry fee...
  7. spilliard1

Off Topic 2022 LPBAA/Erie Bassmasters Spring Pike Tournament

Hey guys just a reminder about our annual spring pike tournament on Saturday. Weather looks like we might have ourselves a nice day. Anyway I will bump the original post with all the details. Come on out and support our local fishing clubs and Sandboy. See you all there for the slime flying...
  8. spilliard1

Fishing Report Crappie May 5

Been playing with the gold over the last few weekends. Lots of fish around and some big ones this spring. Great afternoon today after the pike disappointed me. Enjoy!!
  9. spilliard1

Fishing Report Smallmouth Nov 10

Got out for some smallies today. Been on em good now for a few weeks. Today was an exception. Lots of very big fish today. Multiple fish over 5 which doesn't usually happen. Glad I got out today. 5.75 and 6.21
  10. spilliard1

Long Point Fall Pike Tournament

Hi guys. I willing be putting on a pike tournament this fall. There is no LPBAA event this fall so I thought I would put one together for those who would like to attend. This event will have no registration the morning of. Please e transfer your entry and send your team members names to the...
  11. spilliard1

Fishing Report Smallmouth Oct 30

We got out today for some smallies. Water is still 54F and clear. We got on the water at 9 and off by 2. We landed 30 or so. Lots of fish around and starting to stack up and bite good. Pair of 5.20s were our two biggest.
  12. spilliard1

Fishing Report Muskie Oct 24

We got Saturday to fish for pike. However these two 40s stole the highlights for us. Caught several pike as well. Focused on weed lines in the inner bay.
  13. spilliard1

Fishing Report Smallmouth Oct 20 & 27

Smallie season is just starting to get good. Got out once last week and also today. Water is still 56F. Landed 16 last week but got 24 or so today. Looking forward to the month of Nov.
  14. spilliard1

Fishing Report Crappie May 24

Took the family down for the afternoon to try and get a crappie hunt in. Beautiful day light breeze and warm. We spent 4 hours cruising some of my go to spots. Not many left around but we did manage 11. We kept 4 for a meal!! Water was 73F where we were fishing!!
  15. spilliard1

Fishing Report Pike May 13

Well with the outer portion of the bay closing on friday we decided to get out to the pike grounds and glad we did. Water was only 48F but what a day. We caught north of 30 fish with several lost. Some real nice fish today too. We were out from 1 til 430. Beauty day!!
  16. spilliard1

Fishing Report Brown May 2

Well after last weekends battle with the hills and pickers and mud. We had to try a small hole on our tiny speck creek where we saw something big swipe at us last weekend. Turns out what I thought was a big speck ended up being a 20" brown. What a special fun moment for us!! All worth the battle...
  17. spilliard1

Fishing Report Trout - April 25

I got the little guy out this afternoon for some specks. We ended up landing 6 in a short walk. He loves getting muddy. I ended up going back for a few hours alone and landed another 7 and a couple little rainbows. Beauty walk and beauty day. Almost enough to trade this basshole into a creek...
  18. spilliard1

Off Topic 2020 LPBAA/Erie Bassmasters Spring Pike Tournament news

Hey guys Unfortunately with everything going on with covid-19 this event has officially been cancelled. Sorry for the bad news. Let’s hope we get thru this so we can have our opening day event!! Jesse Hilliard Erie Bassmasters
  19. spilliard1

Fishing Report Smallmouth Nov 26

Well the absolute best day this year. We got out to our spot by 11:30 and fished til 3. We absolutely whacked em. 3 guys and we figure about 60 to 70 fish today. A bunch of 4lb class fish today too. A great day with a couple of buddies. And to top it off we got to say hi to Bob Izumi at the...
  20. spilliard1

Fishing Report Smallmouth Nov 19 & 20

Well hard to pass up the glass calm lake and warm sunny day. Another 35 or so fish again today. Our 2 biggest fish were 4.79 and 4.93.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks