Search results

1. P

Off Topic What’s required to build a boat house

Contact the local Ministry of Natural Resources. Building Departments do not have jurisdiction over the water (that is what my local CBO told me). Typically if you are not increasing the size, coverage or height you can do it, adding a room above will be more effort and hoops to jump through...
  2. P

What's Everyone Watching

Vikings, Your Honour, Narcos, LetterKenney, Bosch, Mind Hunter,
  3. P

Off Topic The Miracle of Life

Does Ruby Sue have crossed eyes? I love the names.
  4. P

Risk vs reward - Extending my season

Having an extra battery on board and a set of booster cables helps as well, the cold weather can be hard on older batteries. The below is from December 2nd, 2013, the next day there was 4" of ice on Quinte.
  5. 1603236786312.png

1603236786312.png

6. P

Off Topic Winds Monday a.m. from.Sailflow

It’s not that bad, went out and had my limit in 18 minutes. No need to set lines, they just washed over the gunnels and I was good to go and get blown back in to Dover without even running the motor.
  7. P

Using light line......

That is a way better haul than what we get in Dover. The only thing we get here is 💩 heads with no eyes left in them, weeds and a few logs I have found over the past 30 years washing up.
  8. P

Fishing Report Walleye - Elbow - Sunday, September 6th

We went out south of the shoal starting in 45’ and out to 50’. Got two quickly by 8 then nothing until 11. Worm harness with 8 colours and chartreuse Bomber off a dipsey back 155 worked. Tried lots of other spoons and body baits as well. Last time out this year which was okay but not near what...
  9. P

Burwell or Nanticoke this weekend?

Going to try that too. This morning looks like it will be bumpy.
  10. P

Live @ elbow

One Walleye and four BaaBaas so far. Started at 45, went to 65 and turned around. Had one knock-off on the rigger, the one Walleye and sheep of a dipsey 150 back on a Bomber. Three 💩 heads on worm and 7 colours.
  11. P

Live @ elbow

Out this am, missed one on a worm harness but got one on a gold/black RRF and one on a purple and chartreuse Ficker shad. Dipsey back 150 and 7 colours in 52-65 FOW. Slow and bumpy.
  12. P

Off Topic Hiring Help

Make sure you look at all your costs before hiring or agreeing on an amount. You will/should have WSIB premiums and other legislated costs to consider. I don't mean to be negative about it but what if your employee gets hurt while on duty? A cash or non-written employment agreement could cost...
  13. P

Off Topic What is it about Thursday this year.

Sorry but I had to take the day off and go fishing to support the other fisherman as I could not get out Saturday or Sunday this past weekend. Looking forward to my first time in Pt. Burwell. Sorry @hvyhaul, it's "just water under the fridge", your time will come.
  14. P

Nanticoke july 31st

Yes @hvyhaul, even the fish I landed hit very lightly. My first one on the leadcore did not feel like a larger (typical LP Bay Walleye) fish at all. The one dipsey was a reed on the line but the other “hits” were likely fish as my worm pieces on the bodybaits kept getting smaller when I checked...
  15. P

Nanticoke july 31st

Out last night from 6-9. Two quick ones In 55’ within 10 minutes one on 5 colours fire tiger harness, one on purple chartreuse flicker with a partial worm with a medium dipsey 100’ back. Only two lines out as I was by myself so I Thought I was going to be done in half an hour- wrong! Next two...
  16. P

Lake erie depth change

Is it a Garmin, mine has been playing around giving me odd depths lately. I guess reading my owner's manual might be a good idea but as a guy, I have never done that.
  17. P

Fishing Report Fishing for Perch, but got a Surprise Instead

Nice job, this might be why I am not doing well at the Elbow this year, they are over at Pottahawk
  18. P

The elbow

Went Saturday morning with my grandson for his first time out there, while we marked a lot, we didn't bend a rod. Few boats seemed to be doing much in our time out there. We went shallow by 10:45 to play with bass and a large farm animal to keep him coming back out with me. Hopefully this...
  19. P

Fishing Report Breaking News from the Fishing Community

The fish have also been out of school since mid-March and are not as smart as they used to be but are social distancing from our lures.
  20. P

Fishing Report Walleye/Bows - LPB Piggott's Post - Monday, June 29th

Good job, we were out yesterday morning and only managed 1 Silver and 1 Walleye in 62' of water directly south of Nanticoke, both on Medium Dipsey 130' back with a green and black Bomber. Trolled over to and just south of the Elbow and nothing for the rest of the day. Marked a lot with fish...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks