Search results

1. F

Spring Pike

Years ago we used to go and spear pike after the ice was out of big creek. Back in the water filled bogs off the side of the creek. This technique is now banned. Just curious if anyone has any luck fishing for them in the lowlands at this time of year. They are obviously in the spawning run and...
  2. F

LPB Ice Fishin

Finally made it out to the bay. There is 9+ inches out of st willys. No issues takin the quad out. Just keep an eye out for the pressure crack 200 meters off shore. Not a pile of perch but the ones that were there were BIG. If your bringing a quad I would suggest chains on the tires. It is...
  3. F

Lake simcoe report /Fish cleaning - Simcoe area

Just got back from a weekend up on Lake Simcoe. The perch fishing was reasonable out of keswick. Caught well over 100 and brought back 40 to 50 fish. Caught a ton of those herring as well (we did not keep these as I beleve there is a 0 limit on them). There were literally hundreads of these...
  4. F

Long Point Bay - Perch Quetion

I have been a long time fisherman in the long point area. Typically I will fish for perch at Pottahawk area in the spring, North shore through the summer and the inner bay late fall. In all cases weeds or some general structure is present. Also note: In all these locations we are less than 20'...
  5. F

Offshore winds - Saturday

I have only been out of Burwell on a few occations. The windcast is showing 10 MPH winds in the AM. (South east). This is a big open piece of lake. Is it worth it to go out or will the crew end up green?? Fisher-Price
  6. F

Pottahawk - Saturday the 16th

Left the dock at 5:50 this am to head out for some perch. Started at pottahawk in 14 FOW. No boats to be found at this time of day. Fishing was good with 120 - 140 perech of which 40 were over 9" for the livewell.( by 10:30 am) We moved several times through the morning and the fishing seemed to...
  7. F

Normandale this AM

Took the daughter down to try for a few perch this AM. Not much to be had fishing from shore. The boats fishing 100' off the pier were getting into a few after the wind started to pick up a little. Looks like I will need the boat for the next trip. Stephen Fisher-Price
  8. F

LPB - North Shore

I have been out perchin twice in the last few weeks in the Turkey Point / Dover area. We have found a few on the north shore (normandale) but the pottahawk area has not been so kind. Certainly no record cathes to be found for myself in this part of the lake. I am going out when this weather...
  9. F

Normandale - Wed - AM

Made it out by 8:30 with my oldest daughter today. West of Normandale in 15 FOW. By 10:30 we were out of minnows. A few bass, a ton of perch (most 8 -10") a few goby's & rock bass to boot. The fish were hungry. With a few pounds in the fridge now...... Im hungry to!! Fisher-Price
  10. F

Bluffs Bar - Sunday

Trolled around the inside of bluffs for an hour or two trying to pick up some pike. Tried spoons, repplin refins and body baits. All have worked well for me in the past. Not a hit out there. Interestingly we spotted multiple large pike surfacing as we trolled around ......so they are there...
  11. F

St. Williams - Monday

Decided to go out for the day and try a new location. We pulled the ice hut far west away from the group of huts out of St Willy's. Turned out to be pretty good as we brought home 33 fish. No real big schools, just a few here and a few there through the day. One nice 14 incher and good bunch in...
  12. F

Ice Fishin EC10 Thursday

Well we took the time this morning to trek all the way out to EC10 with the new ice hut. We caught 20 or so fish and all were nice size. There was one perch that had to be 14+ inches that actually broke my fishing line. All in all not a bad day. Talkin to guys on the way back in, seems like the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks