Search results

1. F

Spring Pike

Years ago we used to go and spear pike after the ice was out of big creek. Back in the water filled bogs off the side of the creek. This technique is now banned. Just curious if anyone has any luck fishing for them in the lowlands at this time of year. They are obviously in the spawning run and...
  2. F

Silver Bass Windsor and Area

Thanks for the responses. That is sad to hear that the outflow no longer holds the big schools of fish. I spent a lot of days out there hammering the silvers and the smallies 15 years ago. It used to be my favorite place as a kid when when my dad took me out. I was hoping it was still the...
  3. F

Silver Bass Windsor and Area

On the topic of silver bass... The naticoke hydro plant outflow used to be loaded with them. Are they still around there in the spring??? Fisher-Price
  4. F

LPB Ice Fishin

Finally made it out to the bay. There is 9+ inches out of st willys. No issues takin the quad out. Just keep an eye out for the pressure crack 200 meters off shore. Not a pile of perch but the ones that were there were BIG. If your bringing a quad I would suggest chains on the tires. It is...
  5. F

THANKS to the guy who took my minnow pail

I will be down there tommorow. If I here of minnow bucket I will be sure to let you know. I don't understand why people can't just let things sit or move them aside if needed. I had an anchor stolen at Pottahawk last year while simply moving my boat. Individuals see an item sitting and it is a...
  6. F

Sunday at sunrise picts again

Thank You Larry for the grat photo's. Nice to see that there is a little action down there. Let's hope the weather stay's cold enough to get out later this week. Nothin better than breakfast cooked on the wood stove while catchin a few perch:) Fisher-Price
  7. F

Lake simcoe report /Fish cleaning - Simcoe area

Just got back from a weekend up on Lake Simcoe. The perch fishing was reasonable out of keswick. Caught well over 100 and brought back 40 to 50 fish. Caught a ton of those herring as well (we did not keep these as I beleve there is a 0 limit on them). There were literally hundreads of these...
  8. F

ICE REPORT

Glad to here the ice is forming. It will be a while until I head out there however. I saw a lot of open water on the bay less than a week ago (north side). My guess is that some of the ice sheets that did not get blown out of the bay are the areas with the 6 inches. Let's hope this cold weather...
  9. F

Guessing game for safe ice

We need a minimum of three weeks solid cold to get the bay frozen. I doubt we will see ice fishing out there this year. I am still hoping:) I think the only real chance to get out fishing will be a drive to lake simcoe or further north. Fisher-Price
  10. F

Safe ice on the bay

Looking at the 14 day trend from the weather network I would say late January. If it doesn't freeze up this year I am considering putting pontoons on the ice hut.:) Surprisingly there is no ice up in the Bancroft area yet.It is a late start for sure. Fisher-Price
  11. F

Bruce on Sat

Last weekend (sat am)showed SE winds 5-8mph in the morning and dropping through the day. In a 30' boat it was nasty out there with 5-6 foot waves. The wind was not strong but coming from the South and East the waves have hundreds of miles to build. It is a strange piece of water out there that I...
  12. F

Long Point Bay - Perch Quetion

Thanks for the input Duck Soup. I think I will bring along some minnows on my next veture to the elbow area. As you suggested it is most likly a shot in the dark to find them. But hey, it doesn't cost anything to drift along for a hour on the way in. I didn't realize the perch were so tightly...
  13. F

Long Point Bay - Perch Quetion

I have been a long time fisherman in the long point area. Typically I will fish for perch at Pottahawk area in the spring, North shore through the summer and the inner bay late fall. In all cases weeds or some general structure is present. Also note: In all these locations we are less than 20'...
  14. F

Port Stanley Sat. AM walleye fishing

Well that makes two of us. We were 0 on the pics today as well. 17 miles SW of Burwell. Today was the first time (out of burwell)I have come back with nothing in the boat. That nasty South east wind must be the game changer. Fisher-Price
  15. F

burwell perch

They are still getting perch out of Burwell. Saw a guy come in today with what looked to be a limit. We headed out for pics and passed a few boats out a mile or two that I believe were perch fishing. Seems like that would have been the best plan for us today. After battling 5-6 foot waves for...
  16. F

Offshore winds - Saturday

I have only been out of Burwell on a few occations. The windcast is showing 10 MPH winds in the AM. (South east). This is a big open piece of lake. Is it worth it to go out or will the crew end up green?? Fisher-Price
  17. F

Storing fish overnight

If you need to leave your fish for the night. #1 Bleed them out with a cut between pectoral fins up to the throat. #2 cool them in a fridge.....don't freeze. (Ice is better) Fisher-Price
  18. F

the elbow

Midnight Cowboy, Thank You for the info. I am heading out to the end of the point on Sunday, weather permitting. Glad to hear there are some out there as it has been a while since my last venture. I find the eyes pull in tighter to the point and can even go a bit east of the tip in the later...
  19. F

How much longer are the pics here for??

kwfishingcrew, Most of the rainbows caught out of burwell, LP and Stanley are american hatched. They have a number of great rivers in PA and OH that are well stocked due to government input. There is limited input by the Ontario government for stocking programs in my opinion. Fisher-Price
  20. F

elbow

I have had some luck 3.5 km north of the lighthouse. 85 FOW to 100 FOW down 45 - 65 feet. This is south of what is considered the "elbow". In theory the elbow is the deeper water found between the tip of longpoint and the main shore at roughly nanticoke. The area I have best luck in is...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks