Search results

1. L

High modulus

Has anyone ever tried trolling with high modulus ? I spotted some great rod’s made for musky that are high modulus and not sure if they may shatter like normal graphite would while trolling ? I bought a low profile Okuma converter line counter cuz I’d like to try the skis with that for a change...
  2. L

Kicker help

I’m about to get my kicker (finally), but one thing I thought of that’s definitely a concern. I don’t remember if I’ve asked this before on the board. My main motor has all the electronics hooked to it. With a kicker on its own battery how do you guys stop the main from draining while trolling...
  3. L

pro kicker shaft length?

Does anyone on here have a merc pro kicker on a Crestliner superhawk? I got a 1750 superhawk and trying to figure out the actual shaft length I would need for a pro kicker but after shopping around different dealers have given me different shaft lengths, even different Crestliner dealers have...
  4. L

mnr report

Who all here is signed up for the MNR "fish and wildlife news" email? one part I read said this, and may interest some on here curious about the food webs, though this one is about Huron. I sent an email asking for the report. A recent study is helping us understand the connection between...
  5. L

Knife sharpening

I got a buck knife that was insanely sharp when I first bought it. Now it’s getting dull and would like to try to get it back to its original sharpness. What does everyone use to resharpen theirs? Just one of them rapala sharpen devices?
  6. L

has the p66 finally bit the dust after 11yrs?

Hello, I currently have a HDS Carbon 12" and a 9". I have a LSS-2 hooked to the 12 as well as an airmar p66. I hooked up everything yesterday and turned the unit on. First time since Nov. The temp is showing, and the structure depth as well (side scan) the main depth showed at first but then...
  7. L

st kitts launch

Does anyone know if the st kitts fish and game club launch is currently in good condition for launching after all this snow? I am hoping to hit the Niagara Bar tomorrow with the next to no wind in the forecast. I know the river is in muddy condition but I am on vacation now and just eager to get...
  8. L

Who drives a white Tundra with a fishin license plate and 68 sticker?

Ok who on here was i driving behind yesterday in Cambridge? Lol I seen the 68 sticker and all the other fishing ones.
  9. L

Clicking sound concerning

While tinkering in my boat lately I’ve heard something that’s concerning. Back in sept I had the high pressure fuel filter changed and now if I go to put key in the ignition or sometimes just touch with my hand I hear a clicking sound like a fuse breaker tripping. I took the dash apart to look...
  10. L

renewing fishing licence online?

Anyone renew their licence last year and remember how close to the end of Dec they did it? Mine expires at the end of the year and I went online to try and renew my licence and the card. But its blocked out and wont let me select it. So i 'm curious if I have to be closer to the end of expiry?
  11. L

Changes to small vessel regulations could be coming

https://www.myhaliburtonnow.com/48512/news/changes-to-small-vessel-regulations-could-be-coming/
  12. L

motor killing batteries.. but we got a nice musky and pike first.

Today I was on Lake St Clair trolling for musky we got one big pike around 10lbs and a 42.5inch musky before hearing a beep sound from the motor. Unfortunately it was the battery dying. I had built a musky revival box and a few yrs back had my marine dealer install a washdown pump. I hooked the...
  13. L

hissing sound from motor

Yesterday I did an oil change, filter and gas filter, and lower end unit lube. Today I started the motor up to make sure everything was ok. Much to my surprise when I went to turn it off I now hear a hissing sound like its venting? I have never heard this when doing my change's before. Has...
  14. L

tackleoutlet parcel no arriving yet?

Hello guys, I was wondering if anyone on here has ever ordered from thetackleoutlet.com ? I ordered a few things on July 27 th. I eventually got 2 tracking numbers, and much to my surprise this place is in China! Not Florida like I had wrongly assumed. So far the updates show that the first...
  15. L

Battery buckle problem’s

Last year I had one of my deep cycle battery strap buckles become brittle and break when I went to add water to the cells. My boats a crestliner superhawk so the batteries are under the dash and not easy to just lift straight up to take from the trays. Today my other buckle did the same as last...
  16. L

enough with the invasive's

https://www.outdoornews.com/2020/08/31/minnesota-anglers-gardeners-beware-of-jumping-worms/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=INVASION+OF+THE+FRANKENFISH%3F&utm_campaign=Outdoor+News+Weekly+Newsletter+-+9%2F7&vgo_ee=R6gr3dLsjTAua%2FM6sMupC4vy7T5YEJ8ohjC9vauJg30%3D
  17. L

zebra and quagga mussles to be harvested and used for...... making glass?

Interesting read. https://www.designboom.com/design/invasive-species-of-mussels-blue-zebra-glass-07-22-2020/?fbclid=IwAR2z4uTebmDur6ogWln29xP8Da7RnRGZUdTZkeeJ3HYdl_z7_5y_kT7p7dY
  18. L

now thats funny

Ok this is a funny boat ad. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/sudbury/12-smoker-craft-bass-boat/1450861148?siteLocale=en_CA&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=vip
  19. L

Lowrance stabilizer?

I didn’t get a chance to go to the sports shows this winter. But last winter I seen a boat on display that had some kinda rod going from the bottom of the lowrance mount to the dash (which I’m sure was to stabilize it during rough rides?). The guy at the boat was super busy so I didn’t get the...
  20. L

video ..cops called to bluffers park marina while pike fishing

interesting video with Shaun Rickard fishing in Bluffers park marina, and been told to leave. The marina eventually called the cops. If you scroll to the bottom of the YouTube page there is a Radio interview with Reno Viola, former Minister of Natural resources, Jerry Oulette and Sean and also a...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks