Search results

1. Arawak

Fishing Report Port Stanley

@rcfire77 were you happy with the cleaning? I'm needing to get mine done and wondering whether to try Stan's or have it done at North Erie.
  2. Arawak

boat washing service

This was my first year with a slip, and I was surprised at how hard it is to get that brown crap off the bottom after a couple months sitting in the water. I had a go at it earlier this summer and had to break out the muriatic acid to get it off. Didn't take long for it to all come back. Mike...
  3. Arawak

Minnkota Terrova

I think it's year 6 for me, and I kind of regret getting the Ulterra. I've had it stuck down on more than one occasion and refuse to deploy now and again. While it's nice when fishing solo, especially in Sarnia with the current, the constant concern about will it deploy, will it retract makes...
  4. Arawak

Minnkota Terrova

Weight plus the ability to completely discharge. Lead acid, even deep cycle, don't like to be fully discharged and they will also sulfate if you leave them at a low state of charge for long. But, pricey.
  5. Arawak

Seasonal slip in Port Bruce advice pls

I really like Glasgow but it seems like it would be years before I could get a slip there. It's an extra 15-20 minutes drive compared to PB for me, but likely save that on the shorter drive to deep water.
  6. Arawak

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I went down to NEM and met with Mike, and decided to go ahead. He also has seasonal trailer parking so if I decide I want to go to Huron or Ontario scrub the bottom it should be pretty easy. My biggest concern is charging the trolling batteries since there's...
  7. Arawak

Much appreciated!
  8. Arawak

At my wife's suggestion (!) I'm looking at getting a slip for my 18' centre console this season. Probably in Port Bruce since that's close and easy for me in north London. Never had a slip before, always launch at the ramp, so I'm looking for any advice for a newbie in terms of what to expect...
  9. Arawak

Windy Premium

Yep. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what it gives me above and beyond the free version but I liked the app so much I thought I would buy it.
  10. Arawak

Off Topic Launching in Kincardine?

Thanks to all. I went out of Point Clark today and it was fine. I guess it was just the long weekend. Paid $90 to get a key fob for the ramp for three days, so I can come and go as I please. The cottage we are staying at is only 5 minutes down the road so it's not bad at all. The harbor has...
  11. Arawak

I guess Goderich is only 30 mins away.
  12. Arawak

There is ... but the beachers had occupied every parking spot there too, including the ones designated for boat trailers. I'll try there again tomorrow... maybe it was just because the long weekend.
  13. Arawak

We are staying at my sister's in law's cottage in Point Clark near Kincardine and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about launching out of Kincardine or anywhere else nearby. On Monday the place was an absolute madhouse and it didn't look like there was anywhere to park after launching...
  14. Arawak

Solar Trolling Motor Charging

Sorry, to clarify, I don't have solar panels, just a 2 bank charger running off shore power. But my point is that it charges each 12v battery separately at 12v, without needing terminals disconnected, even though they are connected in series. In fact they aren't technically connected in series...
  15. Arawak

Solar Trolling Motor Charging

You shouldn't need to disconnect terminals. I have a 24v system with two 12v batteries in series. The two bank charger charges each one separately. No problems with the old lead acid or the LiFePO4 lithium batteries I got last year. Probably best not to have the 24v system powered on while...
  16. Arawak

Solo netting...

Thanks for this, I had no idea. Will definitely give it a try!
  17. Arawak

Lithium batteries

I got mine from Canbat. Two 75ah ones, came in like 2 days. It's great not having so much weight up front, and I can discharge them down pretty much all the way, unlike the one lead acid ones.
  18. Arawak

Off Topic Close call

I think this is exactly what happened. He wasn't making any headway against the current but thought he was not in the way. Then sh!t got real :-)
  19. Arawak

FRYING WALLEYES

Not sure if this is the right audience for this, but while we're on the topic of cooking.... here's something that might appeal to those who like a bit of spice in their food... I went to an event in Hamilton a couple years ago that was held in an Indo-Pakistani catering hall. One of the things...
  20. 1631033630563.png

1631033630563.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks