Search results

1. H

Elbow today

Hit elbow from 9 til 130 only managed 2 white bass. Spent most of the morning dodging flags and bouys from commercial nets. Fished 50 to 60 foot about 25 foot down. Many marks and the odd streaker after my cannon ball probably chromers. Fish in upper 20 to 30 foot range. Water temp on surface...
  2. H

Now What?

I hear we can longer get minnows in Port Dover area is this true? I have never fished perch with dew worms before so not sure how practical it would be. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had good results with worms or any other alternative to minnows.
  3. H

Broke the skunk

Second in command and I finally broke the skunk. This year has been brutal for us. anyway out of dover to the elbow area trolled east west in 65ft. Tons of mark in the 20 to 30 foot depth but only 4 knock offs from rigger. decided to drop that same rigger to 45 ft then finally a nice 8 pounder...
  4. H

Lesson For Me

Decided to hit the elbow on Sunday evening. Launch out of Dover which is usually a pretty decent place. Did not cross my mind that a very hot summer day would mean chaos in Dover but it did. People driving and walking in all direction with no regard for oncoming traffic. Main street closed for...
  5. H

Elbow Question

Guys what can expect wave wise at the elbow with south west 9 -10 k winds? Not really used to that areas wind patterns. More accustom to Pt Bruce side
  6. H

Long Point Perch

Hey guys help a brother out:cool: I will be taking a couple of older relatives out for a bit of perch action Sunday and want to stay within inner bay. I normally hit Bruce but this couple is sensitive to rocking in the boat. Could you all kindly give me some location tips for inner bay perch...
  7. H

St William today

Wife and I went for noon from St willY's. New polaris made it out with getting stuck Barely. Finally tried out ICE 45 unit. Fished for a couple hours and decided wind was way too high so packed up portable and left. Only one strike nothing landed. Made it back to lot top of hill and noticed 3...
  8. H

Evening Bite

Does anyone ice fish St williams in mid to late afternoon? I hate early mornings but dont want to waste our time if not worth it.
  9. H

Questions for the weekend

Hi guys Heading to St Williams this weekend and wondering if ATV tire chains are allowed on the road down to the lake? Also does the guy at the bottom of the hill sell minnows out of that hut? If so how much? Thanks
  10. H

knives

Where can you purchase the 12 in filleting knives from. I find the standard size no good for walleye and salmon. Also want to get a quality sharpener
  11. H

release issue

Well finally managed to pry 2 nice walleye from erie out if bruce. Been a slow year for me. Anyway back to the same old problem of the little green scotty releases not releasing from the board line. Dragged one 8 lb walleye around for who knows how long. I am begining to suspect the big green...
  12. H

dypsie question

I am a little confused on dyspie directions. When setting the weight direction left or right looking at the bow? The reason i ask is that they always seem to run straight backk even when set on 3
  13. H

The day from hell on ERIE

What a bust of a day. Launched out of Bruce at 9pm. Straight out to 50 feet and marking some good hooks at 35 ft. Only went out with 2 lead core rods and perch rods in case the bite was bad. Planer boards out and rods loaded by 930. Had 3 hard knock offs on starboard side in a row. 5 colors out...
  14. H

Battery Charge Question

Wondering if any of you guys that run a kicker use it to charge main motor battery? If so do you have to install an isolator to prevent back feed from one alternator to the other?
  15. H

What to use now??

Well now that the annual minnow shortage is in full swing what are you fellas using to catch pearch? tried some gulp shiner minnows on weekend with no luck.
  16. H

Port Bruce Aug 11

Mrs Helmut and I started out at 8am in 58 feet of water. Had boards out and dypsies in the water before I realized I did not load the extra rod holders so we could only run two rods. Ran the dypsies for 2 hours with no hits. Switched to the boards and the lead and the hits started to come right...
  17. H

A Day Of Firsts On Lake Ontario Sunday

We left Paris at 5am and in the water at 7 in Port Dalhousie. Water was dead calm with little breeze. Hit some fog on the way out to 100ft mark. Not a boat in site at first. As we trolled along started to see the pack at 130ft mark. No bait of fish being marked and the first hit came on a...
  18. H

Lake Ontario Winds

Guys I know some of you fish Lake O a lot so thought i would ask here first. I would like to hit Ontario this year for first time. I have a new Tracker Targa V18 with 150 HP motor. What I need to understand is the way the winds affect the lake. I know it is not the same as Erie as it is much...
  19. H

Planer Boards

Looking for some help on mounting my planer board mast on the new boat. I have a new Targa V-18 combo and cannot come up with a good mounting point for the mast. I am thinking that the very small base that big John uses will cause so much pressure at the floor it will rip right out. So far all I...
  20. H

Lake Ontario

So I think i will try lake ontario west end for some browns this weekend. Can so of you help me out with proper lures to use and good spots to launch from? I would like to know what speeds to run at as well. What are concidered favorable winds for that area as well please. I have a 19ft Tracker...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks