Search results

1. H

Summer leadcore

I agree with jammer. 7-10 non segmented.
  2. H

Elbow today

Hit elbow from 9 til 130 only managed 2 white bass. Spent most of the morning dodging flags and bouys from commercial nets. Fished 50 to 60 foot about 25 foot down. Many marks and the odd streaker after my cannon ball probably chromers. Fish in upper 20 to 30 foot range. Water temp on surface...
  3. H

Now What?

I hear we can longer get minnows in Port Dover area is this true? I have never fished perch with dew worms before so not sure how practical it would be. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had good results with worms or any other alternative to minnows.
  4. H

Wind

Well Tiny I can tell you its a crap shoot most days. I have a 19ft deep vee, I have missed so many days worrying about wind im actually thinking of selling the boat. The one think I have learned is anything forecast under 12-15 kms your best to go and look yourself. ALSO if Erie looks like...
  5. H

Anyone heard of this??

Yes have heard of it. Never tried it though. The theory of it seems to be sound, kinda like baiting deer and bear I guess. Not sure if it is legal or not though'
  6. H

Burwell eye's ...and a rant...

Hey ace you are 100% right. Several years back my family and I were out with Jimmy riggin charter. Waves were bad too when a distress call came in. He said we had to tend to it and we all agreed even my sea sick niece. In the end the coast guard beat us there but at least we tried. I truly hope...
  7. H

to kicker or not

Yes bags work but the real question is how many hours do you want to put on a motor that will cost you north of 15 grand to replace? Also if they are 2 strokes do you want to smell fumes all day if the wind changes direction and comes from a stern? I can troll with my 150 optimax 2 stroke but...
  8. H

Broke the skunk

Speed could definitely be the issue for me. I have Ben running faster this year than previous. No sheep though lol
  9. H

Broke the skunk

Second in command and I finally broke the skunk. This year has been brutal for us. anyway out of dover to the elbow area trolled east west in 65ft. Tons of mark in the 20 to 30 foot depth but only 4 knock offs from rigger. decided to drop that same rigger to 45 ft then finally a nice 8 pounder...
  10. H

Lesson For Me

Decided to hit the elbow on Sunday evening. Launch out of Dover which is usually a pretty decent place. Did not cross my mind that a very hot summer day would mean chaos in Dover but it did. People driving and walking in all direction with no regard for oncoming traffic. Main street closed for...
  11. H

Launch nightmare

The dodge must have auto on wipers, they,re working still :geek:. second truck was a superduty not F150 a lot of money sitting their. In all seriousness though glad no one was hurt. Pride likely took a beating but hey we all make mistakes.
  12. H

Elbow Question

Guys what can expect wave wise at the elbow with south west 9 -10 k winds? Not really used to that areas wind patterns. More accustom to Pt Bruce side
  13. H

Elbow Coordinates

Look at top banner under maps
  14. H

help with new to me finder hdi7

They are a bit grainy. I have one and thought something was wrong. Nothing was wrong and Trans was set proper. What I discovered is they are very noise sensitive. So when I run kicker only grain clears up a lot. Yes put it on auto sensitivity don't use 200 kHz no need. the noise comes from...
  15. H

Wind and Wave app

I would guess he means buoy weather app. I like that one.
  16. H

Bugs

Yeah warm temp and no wind means you and your boat will look like a crime scene before your done. Bug guts everywhere. Bring a spare shirt in your vehicle
  17. H

bruce

approx. 5ft per color at 2-2.5 per hour. General run from planer boards but will work good if just run out the back. Head out of bruce to bot 45ft of water and tr yourluck heading out to 65ft. Start with 4 or 5 colors. Stay in upper 35 ft of water. Good luck
  18. H

Show us your Sheephead

As much as they are a pain when walleye fishing they are fun to catch. Way better fight than any walleye will give but not as tasty i rekon.
  19. H

Planer Board use

What Salty said> but you want them as far away from boat as possible. Dont think it really matters if they lag the boat some after all it is to keep lines away from the boat spooking fish.
  20. H

Long Point Perch

Hey guys help a brother out:cool: I will be taking a couple of older relatives out for a bit of perch action Sunday and want to stay within inner bay. I normally hit Bruce but this couple is sensitive to rocking in the boat. Could you all kindly give me some location tips for inner bay perch...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks