Search results

1. Could get Ugly

October 1st Port Bruce

What an awesome day to be on Lake Erie. The weather was great. Wife and I went for one last walleye run. It was tough fishing but we managed to find 7 hungry ones in 62 fow. When the wind died down so did the fishing and the flies came out. When the wind picked up the flies were gone and the...
  2. Could get Ugly

Port Bruce Friday

Launched out of Port Bruce on Friday afternoon. My first afternoon fish on Lake Erie this year. The lake was so nice and flat. Brought my son-in-law who only works half a day on Fridays. We caught 15 and let 4 go to get bigger. We didn’t go deeper than 64 fow. All the fish were near bottom so...
  3. Could get Ugly

Port Bruce Friday

Headed outta Port Bruce before 7am. It was rough first thing but calmed down later. Lines in around 54 fow because we were getting tired of taking a pounding. Started getting them in 55’ and trolled out to 62’. Dipsys back 80-100’ and one leadcore 10 colour out 290’. All worked great but the...
  4. Could get Ugly

Port Bruce Tuesday Morning

Headed out of Port Bruce at 6am this morning. Had to dodge lightning, thunder and fishing nets. The storm went east and we went west in 56’ FOW. Marked tons of fish. We lost some nice fish due to broken lines, bent hooks, and a swivel opened up. Caught my first bow of the year! We managed 10...
  5. Could get Ugly

Fishing Report 68 Member Spotted North

Spotted in Temagami on the North Arm. Camped for 4 nights. Couldn’t find any pickerel. Lots of bass and picked up this little laker out trolling. That was the best tasting laker I’ve ever had. It was an incredible time even if there is a fire ban. Dryer than a popcorn fart I heard a local say...
  6. Could get Ugly

That’s all Folks

Headed down to Port Bruce around 4pm. It was a little choppy at first and then the lake laid down. Ran out to 51 fow and dropped our lines . One leadcore. One dipsy. One on the rigger. Marked tons of schools. Washed a lot of lures. Didn’t get a bite. Took a few photos of the scenery since the...
  7. Could get Ugly

Too Bumpy

We drove down to Port Stanley. We watched a bigger Lund boat head out and it looked like they were getting pounded. I decided it is too rough for my 16 1/2’ boat. Not too many boats out there either. So off to Long Point we go. Blew a tire on the way down too. Maybe that was my 1st sign.
  8. Could get Ugly

St.Marys Delta Waterfowl Dinner

9. Could get Ugly

Thames River Clean Up/ Adopt a River

For All the Anglers who would like to volunteer by participating in Stewardship on our Canadian Heritage River, we will be holding the Annual Thames River Clean Up on Saturday April 18th. The clean up is organized in 17 communities with 45 clean up sites. Many clean ups hold a BBQ and prizes...
  10. Could get Ugly

Seven Keepers and one Cell Phone

Red Fish and I went out of Old Cut on Wednesday. We walked out about a mile to 5 FOW. There were 3 old holes we easily opened up from a hut earlier in the week. Missed one huge jumbo right off the bat. We fished from 9am to 3pm. We managed to keep 7 and throw back about 15 dinks. We did better...
  11. Could get Ugly

Adopt a River/ Thames River Clean Up

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hunters & Anglers must always show their appreciation for our natural resources, our environment and landowner permission. A great way to demonstrate your gratitude is to clean up our rivers and streams. Many...
  12. Could get Ugly

Hooked on Long Point

Took my 15 year son duck hunting on Friday in Long Point. Fishing is one thing and now he is hooked on duck hunting in Long Point too. He's pumped to go soon when more northerns are down. Thanks to Paul from Duck Blind Outfitters. Then on Saturday he dropped 3 geese near home. One banded. Gotta...
  13. Could get Ugly

Thames River Clean Up

[^]The Annual Thames River Clean Up/Adopt a River Program will be on this Saturday, April 16th. All the gloves and garbage bags are donated. Each volunteer will recieve a coffee mug and a chance to win a Nova Craft canoe. The Thames River and tributaries have really improved since we started the...
  14. Could get Ugly

Thames River Clean Up/Adopt a River

:)The 12th Annual Thames River Clean Up will happen on April 16th. Last year 2000 volunteers cleaned up 200km of the Thames and tributaries. It is being organized in 17 communities. All gloves and garbage bags are donated by corporate sponsors. And you could win a new canoe from Nova Craft. If...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks