Search results

1. karpfarmer

Fishing Report St williams Jan 8

Walked out to the pressure crack yesterday, bit tricky setting up the portable in the wind by myself but got it up and anchored. Just used my favourite jigging spoon and ended up with 13 keepers from 2pm-5pm. Had two different pike on that managed to get off unfortunately. An awesome afternoon...
  2. karpfarmer

Article on proposed live bait changes

Not looking forward to this happening. It's crazy that they are proposing to take emerald shiners off the list of baitfish we can use?!? https://www.oodmag.com/news/regulations-fishing-live-bait-changing/
  3. karpfarmer

Fishing Report Burwell catfish

Well the cats were biting tonight, real windy out on the pier but hunkered beside the lighthouse. Got 5 big ones in less than 4 hours, lots of fun they were some of the biggest I've caught.
  4. karpfarmer

Port Dover pier

Wondered whether anyone had any info on whether fishing will be allowed on the pier after all the construction. I drove by there yesterday and noticed at least two shiny new no fishing no swimming etc signs, they were closer to where the old fish plant had been but wondered what the future will...
  5. karpfarmer

Bay ice?

Just wondered whether there was fish able ice anywhere that anyone has tried? Noticed there was guys on Mitchell's bay on LSC and it's been fairly cold.
  6. karpfarmer

Gobies in small stream

Put my minnow trap out today in a local stream. When I checked it had only one shiner in it, all the rest were gobies! This is a good trout stream, and I've only ever had the regular shiners, creek chub in my trap. They were 4-5" long too, not even sure how they stuck their big heads into the...
  7. karpfarmer

33" Burwell walleye

My dad and his friend got this walleye last night. What a giant, I measure 32", but he claims it was 33" before it was in the cooler on ice lol.
  8. karpfarmer

Port Burwell catfish

It was a slow night on the pier but ended up with a real nice one finally at 12:30 last night. Was a real good fight, beauty night out there!
  9. karpfarmer

Port Burwell signs

Been a while since we last fished for catfish from the bank, but it seems like most of the good spots down here are posted no trespassing, what's up with that? Lol
  10. karpfarmer

Dover trout

Got a couple trout trolling this morning, 1 steelhead and 1 brown, awesome day on the water!
  11. karpfarmer

Misner dam regulations

So many fellow fishermen I talk to claim that trout is open all year from misner dam down to the lake. I'm unable to find this anywhere in the regs, as far as I understand misner dam is on the Lynn river, it joins black creek soon after the dam. Maybe if someone could help clarify thanks!
  12. karpfarmer

Long point December 30

Went out from booths, ran to EC 10 and got a 14" perch right away. That's all we ended up with though, lost a real nice pike. Water was pretty stirred up, couldn't seem to find any schools of perch but sure was fun to get out!
  13. karpfarmer

Bass opener LPB

Went out the bluffs bar by 530am this morn, got about 10 nice smallies altogether, and 11 nice perch with one at 13". Also some nice rock bass, everything wanted minnows today. Was a great day and lots of fun!
  14. karpfarmer

Lake lisgar

We got this fish 2 weeks ago, wondered whether anyone else got any, obviously a stocked fish. Great fun to catch so close to home though!
  15. karpfarmer

Smallmouth in Nanticoke?

Was wondering if the warm water discharge is gonna be a good place for the opener? Has anyone been there lately? Would appreciate any input as I haven't been there in a while. Thanks
  16. karpfarmer

New to the board

Hello all, Finally got registered here, been reading reports here for some time. Was wondering how the bay is after the snow we got caught in on saturday? Thank God I had my compass as we helped some people that were lost. We have a big hut out there and i'm always nervous about ice conditions...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks