Search results

1. karpfarmer

Fishing Report St williams Jan 8

I didn't measure it but I would say around 10" where I was, judging where it cut through on my auger
  2. karpfarmer

Fishing Report St williams Jan 8

Walked out to the pressure crack yesterday, bit tricky setting up the portable in the wind by myself but got it up and anchored. Just used my favourite jigging spoon and ended up with 13 keepers from 2pm-5pm. Had two different pike on that managed to get off unfortunately. An awesome afternoon...
  3. karpfarmer

Dover Pier

I was there Saturday night, didn't get a hit. Plenty of fish hitting the surface, and lots of annoying flies. Good luck, let us know how you do!
  4. karpfarmer

up date on live bait after m.n.r meeting

Yeah it's too bad, if they wanted to stop the gobies from spreading they're a day late and a dollar short. It's a hopeless thing for you bait operators if they find someone has an illegal baitfish in their pail and a receipt from you, it's so lacking common sense to have a zero by catch policy...
  5. karpfarmer

gobies in lyne river

Yeah I think they've worked their way up the tribs, I've caught them in my minnow traps even in small streams now. When they're in my trap it seems like they beat up anything else that's in it, what a tough fish and one that's taking over for sure.
  6. karpfarmer

Article on proposed live bait changes

Yeah looks like misinformation in that article. My biggest concern is that our own live bait basically can not be caught even in the same watershed which is ridiculous IMO. This proposal is open for comments still so I encourage anyone to at least say your piece to them before June 27 I think it...
  7. karpfarmer

Either way it's going to stop anyone harvesting minnows in a stream and using them anywhere else which is depressing for me lol
  8. karpfarmer

Just reading the actual proposal and it still has the emerald shiner on the list so maybe it's just the area where the bait shop was being interviewed
  9. karpfarmer

Not looking forward to this happening. It's crazy that they are proposing to take emerald shiners off the list of baitfish we can use?!? https://www.oodmag.com/news/regulations-fishing-live-bait-changing/
  10. karpfarmer

Fishing Report Burwell catfish

Yeah they were all caught in the creek, just beside the lighthouse on the first pier at the river mouth. I used cut bait, always gets the big ones usually
  11. karpfarmer

Fishing Report Burwell catfish

Well the cats were biting tonight, real windy out on the pier but hunkered beside the lighthouse. Got 5 big ones in less than 4 hours, lots of fun they were some of the biggest I've caught.
  12. karpfarmer

Landmark to be gone soon

Lots of good memories fishing at the outflow there, so many different species and lots of trophy size fish caught there
  13. karpfarmer

Port Dover pier

Yeah guess they are doing cement work on the pier of some sort or another, didnt look too close. Yeah these signs were new and you would have a hard time missing them, so I wondered whether they were going to start cracking down or not, guess time will tell
  14. karpfarmer

Port Dover pier

Wondered whether anyone had any info on whether fishing will be allowed on the pier after all the construction. I drove by there yesterday and noticed at least two shiny new no fishing no swimming etc signs, they were closer to where the old fish plant had been but wondered what the future will...
  15. karpfarmer

Bay ice?

Thanks Larry, amen to that, don't want anyone going thru!
  16. karpfarmer

Bay ice?

I hear u, I'm not advocating going out there yet, just wondered if anyone had
  17. karpfarmer

Bay ice?

Just wondered whether there was fish able ice anywhere that anyone has tried? Noticed there was guys on Mitchell's bay on LSC and it's been fairly cold.
  18. karpfarmer

Inner bay!!!

We were out there yesterday, tried for bass or pike but didn't see or catch any, tried at millionaires and EC 10. We then drifted with the wind in front of old cut, got close to shore and all of a sudden got into perch. It was 3 ft on the finder lol, managed 15 keepers in an hour then ran out of...
  19. karpfarmer

Pike LP Bay

Awesome, itching to get out for pike soon
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks