Search results

1. dawson29

Lake Scum

What y'all using for scum removal for aluminum. Pressure washer can only do so much. As always any help appreciated. Cheers😎
  2. dawson29

Boat Fuel Level

Hey All. I have an AlumaCraft Yukon 180 with a built in centre gas reservoir. This model comes with an electric fuel gauge however I'm skeptical in relying on this for the life of it to determine the available gas in the boat obviously for safety reasons. Just wondering if any of you have came...
  3. dawson29

Minnow Net

Hey all. Just purchased a new 6 footer this weekend. If anyone is looking for a way to reinforce the eyelets this is the idea I came up with. Cheers
  4. dawson29

Bimini Top

Hey all. Just wondering if any of you could provide some in-site as to how to measure for a Bimini. I own an 18 foot alumacraft Yukon. Is it as simple as measuring the widest part of the beam then buying what inches that is? Any advice appreciated. 😎
  5. dawson29

Smelt

Just wondering what’s a popular way to cook smelt up. Beer batter or dry flour mixture?
  6. dawson29

If yea know then you're a 68 original gangster

The Entertainment in 2017
  7. dawson29

Fishing Report April 14 Port Bruce

Started around 6:00 pm straight out to 50 feet of water. Nice eye within the first five minutes. Trolled around again east for a couple hours. Nothing. Started heading west as soon as the sun was out of site. Came in shallow at 42 FOW and boy were they on. Four fish in 20 min. 5 Colour Lead...
  8. dawson29

New to Docking

Hey fellas. This year will be a first for me as far as leaving my alumacraft in the water. Just wondering if any of you have some tips for a worry free season. Any must haves that you have bought to protect our babies 😎. Any advice appreciated. Cheers
  9. dawson29

Moore Covering

Can anyone recommend a business that can provide a service for a decent moore covering for docking this year?
  10. dawson29

Cock Tail Time

Hey Fellas just sharing a go to around my kitchen for years for a very tasty cock tail sauce for the shrimps. Trust me you won’t buy it again😉 1/2 cup ketchup 2 tbsp horseradish 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp hot sauce ( I use Tobasco) 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  11. dawson29

Sausage/Pepperettes

Morning everyone. Looking for recommendations as to where I could bring some meat for processing.
  12. dawson29

Great lakes Spoon Info

Morning. With the fisherman that use Great Lakes Spoons. Can anybody explain the size difference in the small and medium spoons. Typically what it used in lake erie?
  13. dawson29

Smoked Salmon

Hey everyone. This weekend i will be doing my yearly brine and smoke for the holidays. A question I have always asked when doing this is does it really matter leaving the skin on when going through the smoking process. Feel free to add some recipes as I am sure everyone would enjoy see:cool:ing...
  14. dawson29

LP Perch

Anybody tried the bay lately for perch? Tomorrow will be my last outing it would be nice to get a meal or two out of it.
  15. dawson29

July 14 Port Bruce

Straight out of Bruce at 545 this morning. 58-60 FOW. Quick Limits this morning guys. 75 feet back on dipsy. Five colours of lead. Two orange and black ripplin redfins hammered em. Back home by nine;)
  16. dawson29

Port Bruce Sat 22

Went out this morning out of Port Bruce. Beautiful morning. Started really shallow in around 10 FOW using some saltys. No bites after half hour. Went to 20 FOW again nothing. Finished the last hour around 30 ft mark still just soaking minnows. Hopefully with the warmer temps we will start...
  17. dawson29

Long Point Pike Help

Hi ya'll. I wanted to start this thread early to give some time for different tips and techniques to be added. Last year a buddy and I fished the Sandboy Marina pike tournament in May. It was a our very first one and we knew we would have some trouble landing some pike throughout the day but I...
  18. dawson29

Port Bruce July 16

Went out this morning and boy was it choppy. Not unfishable though. Started at 50 FOW one dipsy one leadcore. Managed to get one in the boat on a Riplin Redfin before Erie kicked us off her. Stay Safe
  19. dawson29

Sandboy Tournament

Can someone attach the entry form to this link? I cant seem to find it. Thanks:cool:
  20. dawson29

Ice Hut Season

Any of you ice hut owners have any tips to make sure an ice hut doesn’t grow into the ice over a season?:facepalm:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks