Search results

1. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic Motorguide Xi3 won’t deploy

Hello fellow members, I have an issue where when I step on the pedal to release the bow mount it will not release at all. Has anyone run in to this issue and if so how did you fix it ?
  2. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic Cutting Board

Hey 68 members, Thought I’d share my latest purchase for the board. I had a cutting board made from Fishing Custom Solutions and picked it up today and cannot wait to use it for the first time. Will fit into two rod holders. Will look at adding a wash down pump next.
  3. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic Planer Board Mast Support

Hello Everyone, Looking for some advice from board members on how to help provide more support/bracing for planer board mast on the bow. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  4. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic Boat/Team Logo

Been playing with coming up with a boat logo as well to put on shirts. Nothing fancy but I think it’s pretty neat.
  5. rockin-steelhead

Off Topic How to train a dog to be a fishing partner(Boat)

Hello Everyone, I have recently adopted a germain shepard puppy and would like to be able to take her out on the boat with me down the road. I will have a life vest on her etc. I was looking for some helpful tips from board members who have or had a dog join them in their boat. Thanks in advance,
  6. rockin-steelhead

Cricut Help

Hello fellow members, I was wondering if anyone here has any of the paddle patterns or meat head patterns for a Cricut they would be willing to share with me ? Just picked one up today and want to start playing.
  7. rockin-steelhead

Fishing Report The Niagara Bar

Booked a guided trip to fish the Niagara river. Our guide Lyle had been out yesterday plus other trips but said the bar was fishing well and asked if we minded starting there and no one objected. Take the 7 mile or so trek down the river and we setup in 90fow just after 7am. Our first drift we...
  8. rockin-steelhead

Gone for 5 months

Put the boat in storage yesterday, was a sad day. I do have a guided trip booked for the Niagara late November so I’m looking forward to that trip. Till then when time permits I will hit up the rivers in search of fall silver fish. Today was one of those days, nice fish third drift of the day...
  9. rockin-steelhead

2023 Fishing Recap

Thought I’d share how my fishing season was this year. I’m still hoping to get out a coyote more times but we will have to see how the winds and conditions are over the next couple weeks. First trip of the season was April 14th on GBay out of Owen Sound, my nemesis of all lakes. We marked lots...
  10. rockin-steelhead

Glasgow Cleaning Station

Just saw this picture posted in a chat group. They are going to close that cleaning station forever soon with this crap going on.
  11. rockin-steelhead

Fishing Report Owen Sound August 23rd

Decided to give Owen Sound a whirl today seeing that the north shore of Ontario was iced out for most of the week but starting to warm up. Headed out around 6am once the rain let up some. Got set up in 80-90 fow and trolling out of the bay around the red doors. Didn’t take long to get one about...
  12. rockin-steelhead

Fishing Report Lake Ontario Aug 11th

Launched out of Oakville yesterday afternoon for an afternoon/evening fish. Lake was a little bumpy but we worked our way out to about 90 fow and pointed the bow eastwards and started to get the lines in. Lines in the water around 3pm and first and only fish landed around 3:50pm. We trolled...
  13. rockin-steelhead

Lake Erie missing persons

Just saw this on the news site https://london.ctvnews.ca/search-underway-for-two-people-last-seen-on-lake-erie-opp-1.6510871 I hope they find them both.
  14. rockin-steelhead

Fishing Report Glasgow Monday Morning

Planning to launch around 7:30am or so and hoping the majority of the rain etc. will have passed by. Thinking of starting around 50fow any thoughts ?
  15. rockin-steelhead

Lake Ontario South Shore US Waters

We launched out of Weller and checked out the bar area for a friend taking clients out and we were marking fishing right away between 80-100 fow…we crossed over in to US waters as that was the plan…we finished 9 for 13 biggest being about 18lbs and in its belly were 4 alewife’s about 5 inches...
  16. rockin-steelhead

South Shore

Went out on a buddies boat today out of Port Weller this morning. Pretty slow day out there compared to other trips in the past. Final tally 3 lake trout, 2 small salmon and a nice Atlantic my send one in 4 years.
  17. rockin-steelhead

Garmin PS30 install

Looking for some input. I will be installing a Garmin PS30 in the non traditional way just like a normal transducer just trying to figure out the best location. I can install it on a transom board near the kicker or between the fish hawk and Garmin transducer. Thoughts ?
  18. rockin-steelhead

Happy New Years

Wishing everyone a Happy New Years. Hope you all had a great fishing year in 2022 and the count down is on till 2023 boating season. All the best all of you and your families, see you all in 2023.
  19. rockin-steelhead

Lake Erie Walleye Hatch

Found this one another site and wanted to share https://www.cleveland.com/outdoors/2022/12/odow-surveys-show-record-walleye-hatch-again-ne-ohio-fishing-report.html?fbclid=IwAR0UteCeC7t7NGv3J0U-hIyj81gnDbE-FX3Gk5TwVKgFMbxBTb_-W3uWKPM
  20. rockin-steelhead

Gales of November Article

Saw this article and wanted to share with the form https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blown-away-ingersoll-ont-photographer-100000038.html
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks