Search results

1. B

Rare sighting

Rare sighting of Tail Feathers swag far from its natural habitat (Erie North Shore) Lake Kipawa, PQ.
  2. B

Burwell Sunday Aug 31

Buddy showed up an hour early at my place (4 am). Heard a vehicle crawling down the road then pulled in my yard. Almost invoked a tactical response before I realized it was him and remembered he was afraid of our gravel road chipping the paint on his new truck. Sad that we have become so...
  3. B

Fishing Report Burwell Aug 2

Next door neighbor and I left my laneway at 5AM. On the water by 6:30 Headed south to 50 something and dropped 2 lead core (5 and 7) colors and 2 dipseys. Trolled out to 62 ft, came back partway, then angled off to the east almost to the sandhills, then came back to port in about 48'. Tried full...
  4. B

Burwell - Saturday & Sunday

Went out Sat afternoon and launched about 2:30. Headed east for a bit then south, straight into the waves. Waves kept building and and would say they were 6-8 when the sky darkened and hightailed back to port. Managed to boat 2 walleye, a couple sheep and a silver. Lost several, too hard to...
  5. B

Sunday Evening Port Bruce

Went out last night for a shakedown run with the new kicker. Someone on this forum, (forget who) recommended the Evinrude 15HO with 15amp charging circuit when I asked for some recommendations last summer. Anyway I bought one from Advanced Marine at Belwood Lake, and took it out for the first...
  6. B

Front lawn morels

My son found these beauties on the front lawn while cutting the grass. The morels, that is. The shiitake mushrooms are the first two harvested from the 100 plus logs placed in the trees along our laneway. Hoping for a bumper crop to peddle around the local farmers markets.
  7. B

Walleye migration study

I saw a post about walleye migration that showed a time lapse video of migration in Erie. Don't remember if it was here or somewhere else. (CRS strikes again) Can some point out the post title if it was here? Thanks
  8. B

QDMA Spring Banquet

Southwestern Ontario Quality Deer Management Association Spring Banquet - March 30, 2019 Pine Knot Golf Club Join us for a night of fun, fellowship, prizes and support whitetail education and conservation. Single Admission - $65 Table of 10 $600 Contact me for tickets or details 519 521 6703...
  9. B

Kicker with a good charging capacity

Looking for a used kicker for my 18.5' Sylvan with good charging capacity in order to charge my batteries for the electric Xi5 running headings. Currently running a 9.8 Blue stripe Merc approximately 1985 vintage, so I don't think I could retrofit it to run a charging circuit. Any...
  10. B

Fishing forecast

Does any one have a prediction what this weather will do to the fishing for Thursday and Friday?
  11. B

Pt Bruce Sunday

Launched about 9:30 am, pretty bumpy (4 footers) on the way out but settled down later. Started putting lines down in about 35' caught our 2 biggest fairly quick around 40',then nothing but sheep and silvers for most of the afternoon played around 50' for a good part of the day then headed...
  12. B

Open seats

Kids bailed on me leaving slip 67 at big otter pt burwell at 1030 sylvan with burgundy Bimini, charcoal f250 5195216703
  13. B

Morels

Found these little beauties while cutting the grass today. When I was fishing the cuts at Long Point as a kid, I used to smash them, not knowing they were edible. 50 years later I am finally going to find out what I was missing. Can any tell me if these one are the edible ones or not. And if...
  14. B

Braid Vs Mono for Dipsy Divers

I have been running 20 and 24lb mono for dipsys and am thinking about switching to braid. I think I have been running in the 40 foot range, any guesses on how much deeper they would run if I switch to a good quality braid, keeping everything else equal?
  15. B

Quality Deer Management Field Day

The South Western Ontario Branch of QDMA Canada is holding a field day on April 30, 5km east of the London Airport. We will be covering food plot establishment, equipment, soil testing, seed selection, tree and shrub plantings, habitat improvements for deer and other wild life. Coffee, donuts...
  16. B

Perch - Pt Bruce or Long Point

My boys have the day off school on Friday for a PA Day, so I am going to take one too. Where are the perch hitting now, Port Bruce or the inner bay, or am I better off to bundle them up and all of us go sit in my biggest treestand for the day?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks