Search results

1. L

How much ice formed?

How much and how thick has the ice formed around the marsh a day bay?
  2. L

Open water?

I am betting the bay isn't froze over with all that warm and raining situation. It really too bad the LPWA crown marsh is closed for the season, eh?
  3. L

Yesterday's result

Went to shooting point #31. No ducks. Saw some but very few. The post, a very long pole, was a sore eye as it was standing 30 to 40 feet out in the water. Ducks were spooked when approaching the dekes. It served as a warning post for them. Could someone moved it closer to the shore??
  4. L

Thousands dead oldsqaws

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2011/10/23/ont-dead-birds.html I don't know if you are able to click the above website. Go to google and type whatever you think it will work. 6000 birds, mostly oldsqaws, long-tailed birds, beached along one spot of Georgia Bay shoreline. They were...
  5. L

"B" Zone map

I have a question: Is there is a map for "B" Zone. Can this water area be used for layout hunt?
  6. L

Rumor

So the 8 daily bag rumor was false. Thanks for the info.
  7. L

Layout hunt at LWP

Okay guys, no one will answer my question regarding bag limit for 2011, so here is another question: are you allowed to hunt layout from shooting point? If so, how far off can you put the layout and decoys?
  8. L

bag limit for 2011

Only 3 months left before the duck hunt season. What is the latest rumor for daily bag limit, 6 or 8?
  9. L

bag limit for 2011

Only about three months before duck hunt season. What is the latest rumor about daily bag limit, 6 or 8?
  10. L

Ducks stew

I am making ducks stew, The ingredients are diced ducks, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, dumpling and beef stew seasoning mix. This is an old family recipe and it is an excellent stew. What you guys like to cook your ducks or geese?
  11. L

how much snow and ice?

How much snow have been dumped down Long Point? Is the bay frozen over? Anyone have some pics to see what LP looks like?
  12. L

Stake blind # 11a and 11b

In regard to stake blind # 11 a and 11b, I have looked at "A" Zone map for LPWA unit and there is only #11 on it in which it is on the eastern, lower side of the marsh. Which on is it? A or B? Where is the other one at?
  13. L

My pet peeve

If someone rented shooting point # 16, then no one can use #15 and vice versa, because they are too close to each other, right? But how come shooting point # 33 and # 28 are allowed when they are mere 300 to 400 feet from each other. I was at # 28 today and I could see other duck hunter's faces...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks