Search results

1. Jwalsh

Fishing Report Feb. 3rd LPB

Managed to get out from 12:30-4pm yesterday from St. Williams, The guys at the minnow shack said it had been slow but we were optimistic. Ended up keeping 18 (8"-12") and released 1 pike. Was steady with dinks and the odd keeper till 3pm for us. Jigged a big williams wobbler spoon to attract...
  2. Jwalsh

Boat Travel Covers

Can any one recommend someone in the area (Norfolk County) that makes custom boat travel covers?
  3. Jwalsh

Big Fine

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2015/11/17/man-fined-8k-for-harvesting-selling-baitfish Seems like a pretty hefty fine if you ask me
  4. Jwalsh

Walker Electric Downrigger Repair

One of my down-riggers is not working properly, it will not bring the ball up anymore, i have to crank it up manually. Batteries still have power and connection is fine. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this problem? Or does anyone know of someone that services/or has parts for...
  5. Jwalsh

Downrigging on Georgian Bay - info

I'm heading up to the family cottage next week, which is near Midland, I was thinking of bringing the boat up and trying for some bows and salmon on Gbay. I would probably launch out of Midland or Victoria Harbour. Does anyone have some info of this area? would I be wasting my time? Any info is...
  6. Jwalsh

Perching from kayaks!

Tried something new on Sunday for Father's Day. My younger bro is a guide for a new company called Baer kayak fishing who is in partnership with longpoint Eco adventures. The weather forecast was perfect for the west side of the point so we left Hastings drive around 8am and headed out to the...
  7. Jwalsh

How do you prepare your wild turkey?

Usually I just pluck and gut my bird and drop it in the turkey fryer and make some mashed potatoes and salad to go with it. But I tried breasting my last bird and it made its way to the BBQ. I did bacon wrapped medallions and bacon wrapped kabobs with pineapple, orange and yellow peppers and...
  8. Jwalsh

Tag Out Tom

Well the 2014 Turkey Season has come to a end for me, and it was a action packed couple weeks, hunted a total of 7 days, bagged 3 Toms (one was for my brother) and saw birds everyday. I had been working a group of 3 Toms since Saturday morning, having issues with them being henned up and not...
  9. Jwalsh

Day 2, Bird 2

Went to a different property this morning, had a tom and hen roosted about 150 yds away from our spot, after some work, my bro took the shot and dropped this nice tom for his first bird. 20lbs , 9" beard and 3/4" spurs. Great start to the season, going out with another buddy tomorrow!
  10. Jwalsh

Gobbler down!

Took this nice tom at 630 this morning, no gobbling till he landed in the field with a lone hen, I hit the call and he answered right back and started coming in on a string, 12 yard shot and he was done. 23.5lbs, 10" beard and 1" spurs. Now the quest is on to get a bigger one!
  11. Jwalsh

GoPro Video from December Deer Hunt

One of the Bucks I took this season.
  12. Jwalsh

Buck Head Mounts

Does anyone know someone in the area that does head mounts? I am considering doing one with the buck I took on Monday. If the price is right I would like to do it. If not, I think I will do a Texas Mount myself. Here's the buck. 10 pointer. Also, this buck has a story. I found a broken off...
  13. Jwalsh

Early Season Bow Hunting

Anyone have any luck yet? I was out last night, watched 9 different deer between 530-7, 3 which were right below my stand, but no shooters yet. Duck hunting tomorrow and back in the stand Sunday!
  14. Jwalsh

Some Trail Cam Photos

Since the hunting season hasn't started yet, I thought I would kick this new forum off with some shots from my trail cam last week. A couple nice bucks that will be worthy of my arrow come October!
  15. Jwalsh

Burwell Eyes - August 11, 2013

Fished Burwell yesterday, 730am - 1230pm in 59-60 FOW. Went 10 for 11 on eyes and 1 for 1 on the bows. Green Riplin Redfin on 10 color took 2 8.5lbs eyes, rigger took the bow and one eye, all the other eyes came off the wire dipsey, #3 setting, 180 back. Hot lure was orange crush copper back...
  16. Jwalsh

Weekend on Lake O - PB Chinook

Great Weekend on Lake O...Fishing Friday Evening and Sunday Morning. Went out with Buckster on Friday, it was a little slower, but can be expected after that storm on Thursday. Ended up going 2 for 3, one chunky laker and my biggest Chinook to date...16lbs and 35" long Sunday was on fire. Took...
  17. Jwalsh

Lake O - 05/06/2013

Launched out of 50 Pt marina for the first trip to Lake O of 2013. Headed NE and dropped lines around 60 FOW. Picked up a 5lb King within 20mins around 80 FOW on a wonderbread dipsey and KO green/blue spoon. Marked some huge bait balls in this area too, but we kept trolling in the same direction...
  18. Jwalsh

TripZ's

I was just looking into purchasing some new dipsey divers and I stumbled across these TripZ divers. Has anyone had much experience with them? How they compare to dipsey divers?
  19. Jwalsh

Youngs Creek

I was driving through Victoria on the weekend and thought I would go check out Youngs creek at the dam and see if there was any rainbows running yet. Well there was, a whole bunch of dead ones speared by the natives. There were 4 guys there spearing some pretty big bows, females and males...
  20. Jwalsh

St. Williams Sunday - Jumbo Perch!

Fished both days this weekend, with Sunday providing the best results. Saturday was dinks, Sunday started with dinks, then we moved away from the huts to our own little piece of paradise and had a couple really nice schools of jumbos come in...all between 11:45am - 1:00PM. Kept 7 nice ones...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks