Search results

1. Duckula

Long Point Guides

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but what exactly are the regulations regarding open water gunning? Or open water refuge law and how do you determine legal distance and what if any leeway do you have if your rig is beyond that specified distance? Just inquiring for information purpose only...
  2. Duckula

Spring Migration

Migration definitely in full swing now. Not as many Swans and Snows at the refuge and with the strong south winds I can’t help but think today or tonight will be a big push North. It’s 21c today, south winds at about 48k. If it was me I’d be flying lol.
  3. Duckula

Spring Migration

Cackler ...I didn’t take this shot but he was seen at Middke Creek with the snows.
  4. Duckula

Spring Migration

5. Duckula

Spring Migration

6. Duckula

Spring Migration

The birds ( Swans 3,750 and Snows 115,000) seem to have returned to Middle Creek as the numbers as of today are way up again. Was in Maryland over the weekend and there are many birds still there but very concentrated and definitely moving north. Where we were on Chesapeake bay saw few Swans...
  7. Duckula

Spring Migration

Just wondering if anyone has seen any Tundra Swans at Long Point yet? Here in Pennsylvania at Middle Creek Wildlife Management area the Swan count yesterday afternoon was about 5,000 birds. We had 2 very cold nights and as such the impoundment was 2/3 frozen along with a few inches of frozen...
  8. Duckula

Divers have arrived in Long Point Bay

Thanks for the report Fireram ..... I frequently check the forum and call the unit to see what divers are in. I drive about 800k to get to long point and have been doing so for the past 15 seasons. Only being able to hunt 4-5 days each season I rely on the forum and unit to schedule a trip there...
  9. Duckula

New LPWA Site - This forum still wanted?

I missed the vote too but please keep the site up and running. Has been a wealth of information for me through the years.
  10. Duckula

Looking to get out on some field hunts

Pinchel; I would take you field gunning for geese as I'm going out Frday when geese come in but the distance might be a problem .....I'm in Pennsylvania . If you're ever down this way you are more than welcomed to hunt. Jeff.
  11. Duckula

boat recovery help

Allan; Thanks for the information and the tip with regard to the waterproof case for your phone. I hadn't thought about that aspect but a soaked cell is quite useless. Great to hear that you recovered your equipment . I recently sold my boat in favor of something bigger as I always keep an...
  12. Duckula

boat recovery help

Ron Allan Thankfully everyone ended up being safe after your nightmare on the bay. Any good news with the recovery efforts? What ultimately went wrong with your plan to hunt and what did you learn from the experience that might help others in the future? I am not trying to make light of your...
  13. Duckula

Boxing Day - Could not resist

Where did you order from? Been thinking about buying one myself ....
  14. Duckula

tough weekend

Someone stole ur decoys while you went in for lunch! WTF .....crazy, just plain crazy. I have hunted 33 before but never came in without my decoys for that reason. I was hunting with hand carved divers and was just paranoid about having them swiped. Never heard of this happening till now ....I...
  15. Duckula

Howey hardware

Thanks Dotcom, I will give them a shout.
  16. Duckula

Howey hardware

Just called Howey's hardware looking for this years long point DU hat and was sadly informed that the store is now closed. They actually closed last month and the building is for sale. I as well as many others I'm sure are saddened by the news. A trip to Port Rowan was never complete without a...
  17. Duckula

Hunting and boating alone

I am really grateful for the information and of course the tips on hunting and boating alone. I am 52 and like everyone I am concerned about safety. I have made a few mistakes on the bay through my own ignorance and excitement over just getting out there and hunting. The lessons learned over the...
  18. Duckula

Hunting and boating alone

Just taking an un-scientific poll here cause( due to various factors ) I might be hunting alone later next month . I was just wondering how many hunt and boat alone? I would be hunting the unit as venturing out to LR or BR would be out of the question. Thanks for your input Jeff.
  19. Duckula

Folding seat in a Bankes Chesapeake

Looking to install a folding seat in my Chesapeake on top of the fiberglass bench. Anyone try this before, how did you set it up and how is it working out for you? Been planning this for years and figured this year I'm going to get it done. Any help, ideas would be appreciated ....
  20. Duckula

Rondeau Bay

I was wondering the same thing .....
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks