Search results

1. fireram

Anyone doing a Smoked Christmas turkey. ???

Good day fellow smokers. Wondering if I should smoke the Christmas beast this year? Seen @Red Hering post for his thanksgiving bird, looked awesome. This year one of the family members is converting from vegan to semi vegetarian, so will now eat poultry that was raised and killed kindly...
  2. fireram

Off Topic Long point drinking water sand point ?

Good day, For those here that have a place on the point, wondering if you can tell me what you do for water, if its not right from the channel? Recently had to move the sand point, twice, ended up with high iron content water. Tried a filter, but it works marginally. Wondering if anyone with...
  3. fireram

Off Topic Metro in Dundas has salmon

Ok. So not in the store. In the creek out front. They’re in there thick today . Good place to bring the kids to watch em spawn.
  4. fireram

Fishing Report Burwell July 25 AM.

Left home at 5:30, Lines in at 8 at 55 FOW South East of port. LOTs and lots of smalls, some very small, until 60 FOW, so thats where we stayed most of the morning. Circled a white pole with red flag marking something out there near 62 FOW, along with a couple other boats. Thats also where we...
  5. fireram

Fishing Report Elbo July 19.

Went out with a friend in his boat today. Set lines in around 9am 65 fow straight south of port. Trolled between 65-75 west to the elbo, heading towards light house now. Two dipsy and two riggers. Set between 30-45 ft down, washing most of the luers. Only One nice rainbow, couple silver...
  6. fireram

Fishing Report Nanticoke to elbo July 14

Motored out to 60 FOW, SSE of port. lines in at 7:15. Went solo, so just two dipsys Trolled out to 80 FOW westerly towards elbo, had a nice walleye on the line around a well head and I lost it at the net. Did a few circles around the well Head until there was toooooo many boats circling me, so...
  7. fireram

Request for wave report, advise.

Good late morning all. Just finished replacing a lifter in my 140 merc. Wanna head down and try it out on the water. All the windy, finder, sail forecast are a bit all over the place. Stanley bouy sayin .5m or 3ft. But it’s a north wind, so figure it’s big that rough at the 60’ deep area...
  8. fireram

Nanticoke live June 29

Sorry. No fish to report. But the weather is stellar. Only have dipsys to try. Only a few boats out south of the shoal and east. Tried 40-65 fow so far. Down 30-60ft. No hits on spoons or body baits. Heading west toward the shoal for the evening and try there.
  9. fireram

Off Topic Reminder. Used fishing line discard properly.

Not for members of 68, we know better, but pass along to your fishing buddies. A Small reminder that used fishing line needs to be discarded properly. This girl had found some braid and cleverly used it to secure her nest to the tree, but got her head stuck in a loop, I had to cut her free...
  10. fireram

1996 waterfowl unit Map and rules.

Found a copy of the unit map and rules from 1996 while cleaning out my hunting gear closet.
  11. fireram

Perch sunday

Great day out today. Prob 100 plus boats. 3hrs we’ve boated about 5 keepers.
  12. fireram

Fishing Report Elbow to lighthouse smelly Saturday…

Fished from the elbow to the lighthouse saturday. Did Lazy spiral circles from 60 fow to 110 fow from the elbow heading south. Tried riggers, dipsys and lead. Body baits, spoons, and work harness. Had two hits on a rigger down 65ft in around 90fow on a yellow five of diamonds. Lost them both...
  13. fireram

Fishing Report Callendar Bay, Nippising

Got out of dodge before the storm yesterday. Spent today on Callendar Bay, Nippising. Was a great day. Didn’t have to shovel any snow, but did have to work at keeping the holes clear. Jiggin with minnows. Almost a 3 man limit of walleye and some nice size perch.
  14. fireram

No waterfowl reports yet ??

Waterfowlers are tighter lipped then steelie fisherman. Or. It’s just there’s not much to report. We’re on day three and have one buffelhead so far. Getting desperate. . Nothing coming into decoys. Heard very few shots from the unit yesterday. But didn’t check the board to see how guys...
  15. fireram

Lake O tips for tomorrow ??

Don't really have time to make the drive to Burwell tomorrow, gonna take a chance on the wind forecast and head to Fifty Point in the AM. Wondering if anyone has been out there lately, and can point me in direction to go,, Depth,, bait,, ? Not many reports from there lately. I don't have...
  16. fireram

BuRwell Sunday am.

No fish to report. Yet. lots of boats. 40fow out to as far as I can see. no radio reports yet either. Crickets lol. But soooo. Nice to be out finally.
  17. fireram

Anyone heading to the bay today?

Was planning on trying for some small mouth today. Only day my wife and I have off together this week. A little delayed this am due to trailer wiring. But will soon be our way. Gonna hit erie bait and tackle for some leaches and worms. and we’re takin the tin boat so hopefully the bay stays...
  18. fireram

Lake O. Father’s Afternoon.

First time launching out of fifty point. Around 2:30. Took @spincast and @Ticker advice from thier posts and headed to 160 fow. Put out pink and blue spoons. 2.8 - 3 mph. 90 feet back on #1 dipsy three in the boat so far. Lost a couple on way in. rollers are manageable. Definitely not what the...
  19. fireram

Fishing Report Port franks.

Been out last two days. Morning and evening. One nice walleye. One striped bass. Both in 70fow down 50, pink spoons. trolling with dipsy. No rigger on board. tried all the lures I have. tried from 30 fow to 80 fow. Right out of port. In front of the Pinery and In front of kettle point...
  20. fireram

Port Stanley live

First time out of Stanley. noyoree our to 40 fow set up lines and trolled for 30 min. Saw nothing so going to go deeper and try around 50. Launch had a line up on our arrival around 4:30.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks