Search results

1. TMAN

Pointers for Sarnia rookie

Going to try Sarnia for my first time tomorrow. Any pointers will be helpful. Likely launch out of Sarnia Bay Marina? Do I fish the river or head up to the lake? Looking for salmon/trout
  2. TMAN

Thames River Open?

Anyone know if the Thames in the South west end is open or frozen? I'm assuming(hoping) it's still open to try my luck on the walleye. Haven't fished for them this early in the year. I have fished in March for them with no luck the last few years.
  3. TMAN

Wanted Wanted Sandhill Crane Decoys.

I know long shot in this neck of the woods but just bought 2 doz silhouettes off of marketplace so hoping for more random luck! Looking for socks, silhouettes or full bodies.
  4. TMAN

Rondeau

Quick question, I’m camping with my boys at rondeau this weekend. We will be fishing the bay and hopefully the lake as well. Anyone know if I can cross out of the bay into the lake with a 19’ legend? Or do I need to use the erieau launch? Any pointers on the bay are appreciated as well as it...
  5. TMAN

Thames River

Anyone been out on the Thames for walleye lately? I Hoping to head out later this week. Just wondering about water level, I assume walleye should be around somewhere by now. I have tried for years but am 0 for lifetime on the river for them maybe this will be my year!! Lol
  6. TMAN

Glasgow Today

Anyone on the water or have eyes on the water? Hoping to head out this afternoon. Forecast sounds decent but winds at home seem strong. Can’t get the pier can to work
  7. TMAN

Erieau? Anyone Been?

Has anyone been to Erieau? Haven't heard anything and nothing on the site
  8. TMAN

Midges

Are these friendly but annoying insects blooming at Bruce or Burwell? I just want to get the boat wet and do a first run tomorrow but don't want to come back and have to completely clean the boat again..... Little info I found about these things -- Midges and mayflies are not the same. People...
  9. TMAN

Lake Ontario launch

I haven’t tried Lake O yet. Where would be the closest and easiest access launch that could provide the possibility of success to London?
  10. TMAN

Goderich/ Bayfield

Anyone have a report for bayfield goderich? I was hoping to hit Bruce tomorrow but winds are not agreeing. Since it is my only chance in 2 weeks to get out I just want to go somewhere. I caught a laker there last year but still learning the area and don’t know if it’s too early. Anybody got some...
  11. TMAN

Water today

Anybody on the water today? Just wondering how the lake is?
  12. TMAN

weather

How are you guys getting on the water? I keep checking forecast and it looks ugly.... but yet I see you folks posting some great pics..... how am I missing out!! lol Am I reading the wrong forecasts?
  13. TMAN

Drifting for Walleye

Been doing good like everyone this year trolling for walleye, limits each outing. However my 9 and 7 year old boys really want to use their own poles to catch fish and even though the action is non stop they want to catch them on their own. So... I'm going to give drifting a try and see how that...
  14. TMAN

Where to go on Lake O

Would like to give lake O a try but have no idea where to launch.... Where would be the closest launch to woodstock that would provide the possibility from success
  15. TMAN

anybody out this morning?

Just wondering what the lake is like
  16. TMAN

Where to Launch

I was hoping to take the kids down for some panfish out of long point. Is the Old Cut my best bet to launch? Also I understand that there is a sanctuary, is the sanctuary clearly marked?
  17. TMAN

Where to launch?

I was hoping to take the kids down for some panfish out of long point. Is the Old Cut my best bet to launch? Also I understand that there is a sanctuary, is the sanctuary clearly marked?
  18. TMAN

Synthetic oil

anyone use synthetic oil from Canadian tire for their four stroke? I bought it from marina last time and it seemed a bit over priced especially since Canadian tire has them on sale regularly. Just wondering if it is any different than what can be purchased at marina
  19. TMAN

Reel Issue

Having issues with one of my level wind trolling reels. Last time out the part that glides back and forth and guides the line onto the spool(not sure what it is called) was not sliding back and forth. Therefore the line counter was not working and line was not gathering smoothly. If anyone can...
  20. TMAN

anchor troubles

I seem to be having trouble getting my anchor to hold. I have a 25lb anchor, 19' legend boat, 20' of chain to the anchor. I have tried to let out double the rope and still I seem to lose grip. Is there a trick to the anchoring thing I am not getting? I am using a Danforth anchor and it is rubber...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks