Search results

1. WinSX3Tom

Anyone having any "orange army" luck?

I shot my first ever buck on Tuesday! After two years of being skunked. And several freezer does. Nice tender 4 pointer. 98% stand hunting. One guy might push after the morning towards our stands it's been a good year 5 bucks. Nothing in past 3 days however. 1 or 2 tags left to fill...
  2. WinSX3Tom

Anyone have experience fishing pigeon river?

Hey fellas. Not much of a fisherman but plan on takin the canoe up to pigeon river (Emily Provincial Park) next weekend and was hoping to get the kids on some fish. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom Compoli
  3. WinSX3Tom

Any one still hunting ducks and geese with an old model 12?

I just purchased a new to me Winchester model 12, I've been wanting one forever but I'm not a plain barrel kind of guy. I found one on CGN for $650 said it was a 50s model 3" vent rib. Turns out when I got it serial #shows it as a 1941 3" Heavy duck which would have originally had a 30" full...
  4. WinSX3Tom

November controlled hunt.

Well fellas how was your week out? Our group got 7 within the first 3 days. Only one shot was taken from Thursday to Sunday. The weather really seemed to stop the deer moving through the day. My wife got to experience her first hunt which was great for us together. She helped me gut a...
  5. WinSX3Tom

Anyone have a line on Low recoil or Managed recoil 12ga slugs here?

Looking to find a low recoil or managed recoil slugs to try out in a smooth bore 12Ga winchester 1300 for my wife. Didn't know if anyone knew any shops around here that stock them. Im going to check Freds on wednesday when I'm off.
  6. WinSX3Tom

If you hunt Norfolk county woodlots please fill out survey

Norfolk has put out a county forests and woodlots future planning survey. Please please fill it out and make sure you put that you hunt and or fish the land and want it to continue. If we don't and the yuppies all close us out we will be screwed...
  7. WinSX3Tom

To any one who fishes or hunts on Norfolk county property.

Norfolk has put out a county forests and woodlots future planning survey. Please please fill it out and make sure you put that you hunt and or fish the land and want it to continue. If we don't and the yuppies all close us out we will be screwed...
  8. WinSX3Tom

Norfolk county pheasants

Got out first time ever for this today. Went out round 11 for a walk with the pooch. We ended up with one hen. What a good time. Anyone else get out or know the release schedule or which of the 9 spots is the best performer.
  9. WinSX3Tom

Afternoon Re Rents for walkouts or canoe accessible points.

Hi gents, Would actually try to get down to the unit this year I've only been around for 4 or 5 years and still never tried. Seems kind of intimidating as I don't know anything. When is the best time to show up for Re rents either during the week or on weekends? I work shifts so I can...
  10. WinSX3Tom

Wind turbines just got worse!

https://www.ofah.org/fishing-hunting/lands-access/action/ Take a read. Looks like all these turbine builders and maintenance companies want no hunting on leased farms with turbines on them. Thanks to the Ofah and Delta for their continued excellence. Another reason to hate those big...
  11. WinSX3Tom

Any perch left in the inner bay.

Was thinking of launching out of the old cut tomorrow or out of the park. Any ideas fellas. Perch or bass hitting?? Winds aren't supposed to be to heavy early on.
  12. WinSX3Tom

New to boating, need some advice to learn.

Hi fellas. I've been around the forums for awhile but never been much into the boating and fishing side of things more the waterfowl hunting. I have a 14' with a 25 HP merc. Have all the safety gear etc. Have had licence for a long time just never been out much. What I am looking for is...
  13. WinSX3Tom

What happened to all the posts from march 6 to march 29?

Seems we lost a lot of current stuff.
  14. WinSX3Tom

OLT 77 Goose Call

This is an old wood call my father in law Rick Benson had and we went through a lot of his old gear and I found it and started honking on it, has a very nice high cluck to it but the low end sounds like crap. And way to make these old calls sound decent? As compared to today's acrylics? or...
  15. WinSX3Tom

Hunting Labrador Breeders

Hi guys I am looking to purchase my first hunting dog and family pet in the spring to early summer and realized I should be starting my search now. I am not 100% set on either a chocolate or a black but have been told by more than 1 person that blacks are my best bet for my first dog to...
  16. WinSX3Tom

Dog training supplies.

Hey guys in the spring I am looking at getting a new pup (Chocolate or Black) and I have never trained a pup before so in the mean time I am looking at prepping supplies and making a kennel run in my yard. I have started freezing all the saved wings from birds I am and will hope to shoot in the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks