Search results

1. D

still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

It's not always fun to side with buddy boy because of the herpes thing, and I'll stand to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think that the opposition to a swan hunt is almost completely social (having little to do with biology).
  2. D

Opening Morning Problems

LOL... You really do beg the question: If you admit that you had 5 signs out and only 3 boats show up, why are you so angry that someone used one of "your" EXTRA spots? You'd think that an "ethical hunter" might say something like "hey, we had a couple of boats that had to back out, I'm glad...
  3. D

Opening Morning Problems

Perfect. You're sustaining members; if you need the organized feeling go to the organized Unit - you won't even need to slap down your $17.
  4. D

Opening Morning Problems

I'll support lp80's post. If anything, thinking you can put up a sign to reserve a spot is a "me now" thing. Just because I don't pound a stake into a marsh, doesn't mean I haven't scouted the area. I never have any intention of ever pounding a stake anywhere, but I've scouted and hunted the...
  5. D

Opening Morning Problems

This whole sign thing is pretty specific to Long Point and maybe a few other big wetland complexes. I know about it, but I can see how others have probably never heard of this quaint little custom. If I showed up to hunt the opener nice and early from out of the area, how would I know what the...
  6. D

Heritage Hunt - September 15, 2012

Is the Heritage hunt replacing the regular youth hunt or are is the Association having both?
  7. D

Hahn Unit

LOL... No. And you'd have to bring a few truck loads to attempt to compete with Lee Brown, anyway...
  8. D

Hastings

When I look at the property information for Hastings Drive, I would estimate that between 1/3 and 1/2 half of the area on the lake side of the road is owned by Norfolk County. As well, I have noticed in the past that people often take it upon themselves to add structures or signs to County...
  9. D

Long Point Old Boys Club -Secrets Revealled!

I agree with you Single Malt, and you are one of the best on the Board in my opinion. I am always willing to work with the LPWA because I think it is a great option in conjunction with the other opportunities at the Bay. Lately, the LPWA has been changing more positively, with a few hiccups...
  10. D

Good points, Single Malt (but of course anyone only needs a few well-connected friends to change things up, even within provincially-owned lands ;) ). I understand that the LPWA only makes recommendations to the province; I also understand that there are likely "strata" of the OBC, with some...
  11. D

It could be convincingly argued that the entire LPWA is an OBC. It requires dues and membership. If you are not part of this club, you don't get a say on the management of a public resource. If someone doesn't like the flavour of the LPWA, they don't become members, and they don't get a vote...
  12. D

Geese Oct 14/11

quote: Originally posted by duckman No the guys still have permission and was granted permission when owner ship changed a cooperation owns it My hat's off to any corporation that allows hunting on their lands; and my hat's off to any landowner that allows multiple hunters to use their...
  13. D

haun marsh?

There were some spots that you might be able to put out a couple decoys and there were a few moulting woodies in it. I think that right now even the draft of a canoe would be too deep in a lot of spots, and a jon boat would be too wide for just about everywhere. I've learned that huntable...
  14. D

haun marsh?

I kayaked it a few weeks ago; I don't think you can run a canoe through there. In a lot of places I was just pulling myself in the kayak over the weeds.
  15. D

Port Glasgow August 15th

Try tossing the phone in a container with rice for a while and see what happens. The rice has a cool way of sucking all the water out and making broken things functional again! (anyway, it might be worth a shot!)
  16. D

respect

I agree with jtman. If you anchored where people commonly drift through, the drifters were probably just as frustrated with you, and might have been drifting too close just to express their frustration... (you could have been experiencing their water rage)
  17. D

RESPONSE TO DAVID ANKEY and OTHERS

How many hydrologists, engineers, and ecologists does FOCAS employ? Without knowing the membership, these qualities are important to me in my ability to create an "informed decision".
  18. D

Long Point Causeway

I think that before it was channelized for the purposes described, Big Creek used to empty into the lake (not the bay), but I don't have the journals with me today.
  19. D

Viewing Platform on Old Cut ?

Hahaha... joke's on us. And I was going to comment on the use of highly-organic "spoil" to hold up a structure! haha
  20. D

Viewing Platform on Old Cut ?

quote: Originally posted by Old Cut LongPointer DDG ; If the Causeway Committee can publish material,hold public meetings etc.,etc. regarding improvements then why was the viewing platform that is being erected directly across from the channel from peoples cottages near the end of Old Cut...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks