Search results

1. G.Mech

Detroit river

04-15-24: There's still a ton of fish in the river and even though the Canadian side is a little stained, it still holds lots of decent fish. We had our limit of nice eaters by noon so we went into the dirtier water close to shore where we still found some big females. Most were spawned out...
  2. G.Mech

Installing a transducer ?

I guess we can give you a pass this time lol
  3. G.Mech

Installing a transducer ?

These "Let me Google that" responses are actually kind of rude but the answer you provided is also incorrect....the bottom of the transducer needs to be slightly below the hull not above (it even says so in your LMGTFY answer if you look closely). As others have said, they come with...
  4. G.Mech

Upcoming Muskies Canada Events

Good night to go if you want to hear some great Lake Erie, Niagara River stories. Great fisherman and lots of fun. Free for everyone, non-members welcome to attend.
  5. 1712704070579.png

1712704070579.png

6. G.Mech

Detroit river

Tons of fish in the river right now, we went to three of our usual areas and all had fish. We started looking for some eaters and got 18 or so 17-20" fish at the North end of fighting Island and also mid-river at the Gordie Howe Bridge. Conditions were perfect until around 11am when a strong...
  7. PXL_20240409_172501474.jpg

PXL_20240409_172501474.jpg

8. PXL_20240409_172355489.jpg

PXL_20240409_172355489.jpg

9. 1712702593576.jpeg

1712702593576.jpeg

10. G.Mech

Detroit river

We're heading there tomorrow, a US license is not really necessary since all the Americans are fishing on our side anyway... If the water gets super muddy on our side sometimes you need to go to the US but most of the time the fishing is better on our side . Will let you know how we make out...
  11. G.Mech

Off Topic Solar Eclipse Report Long Point April 8th

Trust me Jim, I did discuss that with my partner in crime....
  12. G.Mech

I learned something today, don't go to Long point without a whole case of beer....
  13. G.Mech

The traffic is still backed up all the way to the provincial park to get out of the the point.... We came down to work on a cottage and now we're stuck here without beer 😔
  14. G.Mech

Interesting

Well I hate to be 'that guy' but there was a number of muskie caught that were over 50 in long caught on Lake Erie last year... I guess they either forgot to mention them or those fish don't count for some reason but I like to count them lol
  15. G.Mech

Importing a Boat Under Company Name

Bringing an item or boat into Canada for personal use isn't all that difficult but when importing anything commercially, it's a huge can of worms. Even simple things get complicated. I would suggest contacting a broker to help out with it.... I have used Peace Bridge Brokerage before and it...
  16. G.Mech

Off Topic Wiring & Battery Questions

There's quite a lot to unpack here, but the biggest thing I see is that you do not want any of your electronics wired to your trolling motor batteries... The motor will almost certainly cause all kinds of interference. You may want to consider a house battery for your electronics, a cranking...
  17. G.Mech

Time to swap out your boat for a Canoe

I can't seem to find a clip of this ..can anyone throw me a bone?
  18. G.Mech

Detroit River

Water is already up to 39.4°F.....it's pretty much go time.
  19. G.Mech

Upcoming Muskies Canada Events

Next Hamilton Chapter meeting is this Wednesday with two of our members who are crushing the big fish on the St Lawrence. Everyone is welcome, details below. If you missed John Pensyl at K-W last month be sure to catch him at the Hamilton meeting in April, his presentation on Lake Erie &...
  20. 1709397397867.png

1709397397867.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks