Search results

1. J

Exploring new Musky waters

Got a last minute week off work and decided to head north and explore some new to me water for Musky. Loaded up the jet boat with gear and camped about 15miles from the nearest launch. Only saw 2 other boats in 3 days. Managed one solid Musky around 47", hooked another and saw a couple others...
  2. J

Burwell this afternoon

Took a day away from salmonids and took advantage of a beautiful afternoon forecast on Erie. Started in 59' water was brownish stained and 64f, marking lots of bait, junk and a few eyes.....picked off a couple before we got to more classic coloured greenish water and 67f surface temps in 63'...
  3. J

Looking for vintage gear

Just throwing this out there.....if anyone might have any old gear kicking around that isn't getting used I'm a bit of a hoarder 😂 Always looking for vintage Steelhead stuff in particular, Fenwick, Loomis, Lews, centerpins, older spinning reels. But if its older I may be interested. I also like...
  4. J

Spicy afternoon at Glasgow....

Looked like a possibility of decent offshore winds at Glasgow but Stanley buoy was calling for nasty weather. Arrived to a light NW a light blowing the windmills onshore, got out 2 miles and winds were strong from the SW with tightly spaced waves and plenty of whitecaps 😂 She wanted to fish...
  5. J

Stanley this morning

Was considering heading out last night but held off till this morning. Glad I did after seeing @Derkd9 's report from yesterday. Neighbour and I launched at 7ish and found good marks at 55' due south of port and setup 2 dipseys at 120, rigger at 40 and an 8 colour. Proceeded to herd a massive...
  6. J

Stanley this morning

Beautiful morning on the lake and pretty well non stop action. Fished 55-65' and took our time sorting lots of 10-18" fish for a couple limits of bigger eyes. Couple bows in the mix as well. Dipseys on 3 @120' and 7/8 colour Leadcore worked well.....hot spoon was a good one 😂 JJosh
  7. J

Glasgow midday report

Headed out with the jet boat this afternoon. Got setup about 12:30 in 42' circled a few times and had a limit of eyes, bunch of eyes lost, few sheep, a silver and 1/3 on bows 😂 Finally a bit of a break now.....6 colour Leadcore and dipsey back 105'. Just a nice walleye chop... Josh
  8. J

Stanley this morning

Late report. I wasn't planning on fishing this morning but woke up at 4am and was gonna head out for bike ride when I noticed zero wind. Checked the forecast and it looked better than expected so I had a big breakfast and hitched up the boat. Headed to the nearest port today which is Stanley...
  9. J

Bruce afternoon fish...

Slept in this morning after fishing all day following my 12hr night shift Thursday night. Hit Bruce with a copilot in the afternoon. Watched the graph on the way out but didn't see anything I liked until we hit 50'. Dropped 5 and 6 colour Leadcore with chartruese backed spoons in nascar for the...
  10. J

Jet boat

I know some guys were interested to see just how shallow this boat would get 😄 Pop's and I did a run that includes alot of ankle deep water I'd normally be pushing my jon boat through but we navigated those areas without issue on plane with the bumper boat 😁 I found myself teasing the river...
  11. J

Central basin Friday

Was out at sunrise with hopes of a shallow water bite..... Unfortunately the winds/storm Thursday mixed things up and I found 54f and limited vis in tight. Dropped gear at 35' and worked out finding gradually warmer water and less marks. Hit a big skinny Eye at about 42' as the water cleared...
  12. J

Jigging Lakers

After waiting patiently for light winds to go and explore a new to me fishery things finally looked good yesterday. Left work at 6:15am, bought and mixed an extra tank of gas for the little merc seapro and launched at an empty lot heading out in hopes of finding a Lake Trout bite. Success...
  13. J

Campfire walleye

We eat walleye, panfish, trout and salmon atleast a couple times a week at my place. Tonight we tried something I usually reserve for trout fillets......campfire poached walleye in tinfoil.....we used the biggest fillets from a couple 10lb+ walleye from yesterday's outing. Cut fillets in half...
  14. J

Bows and 'Eyes....

Still keeping busy trying new things with the jet boat 😁 Decided to fish some less remote Steelie water with a couple friends the other day, we were able to use the boat to access water not accessible to the guys on foot. Lotsa laughs and fun and a good number of fish hooked.. Noticed the...
  15. J

First Steelie trip this year..

Finally got the new boat out for Steelies. It was my first outing of the year, quite late for my first trip of the year.....still some tweaks to be made to the boat but overall I'm super impressed. Fun day despite not alot of fish. On holidays now, so will be out and about looking for some more...
  16. J

Another massive Walleye hatch this year

Numbers are in and it was another banner year.... https://www.thebeacon.net/walleye-bonanza-hatch-index-in-2021-sets-records-again/ Josh
  17. J

Thames River jet boating

Took pops for a tour yesterday. We launched at the forks and toured upriver all the way to Fanshawe Dam then headed back downstream. Was gonna pull out when we got back to the forks but pops was having a blast and asked if we had gas to get to Springbank.....so off we headed, all the way to...
  18. J

Today's adventure

Couple videos from today's adventure from Port Stanley to St Thomas..
  19. J

Too much fun!

Today was the day for the first run of the new jet boat! Launched at Stanley and ripped up the creek. I wasnt 100% confident as I've read lots about how finicky jet setups can be. Turned out I may have nailed it first try! It jumped onto plane very easily, never ventilated and performed as well...
  20. J

Mudsharks!

Been a bit since I've even logged in, stupid busy 😒 Anyway, saw a little boat I wanted on kijii in Brampton so I went and grabbed it and proceeded to an east of Toronto harbour with somewhat low expectations for some nighttime Chinnys on hardware and hopefully topping up my roe supply for the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks