Search results

1. B

Sunday on the Maitland

It was a nice afternoon, but I have never seen the water that low before. No Salmon to be seen, but I managed 10 smallmouth in the two hours I was there. I was between the train tressle and the highway bridge and there were only two other guys, fishing below the tressle. Not sure how they did...
  2. B

Bronte Lakers

Last Sunday was our first trip of the Lake O season. On the water by 7am, first fish lost by 730. Another 7 lost by 11 am. Grrrr. Then things shut down, so we went searching. We marked LOTS of hooks on the bottom from 70 to 85', then again out at 120', which we surmised were Lakers. Still...
  3. B

Knock Out lures

Simply put, do they work? They seem to be quite a bit cheaper too. My bow is already overflowing, but I have lots that are just filler, you know, they look good but aren't worth a pinch of coon poop for Salmon or Trout.
  4. B

ATV vs UTV

Never owned either, and we are still looking/wondering. For a work first unit, logging and farm use, and hunting second on the priority list, what would be a few tried and true, reliable workhorses? It would certainly be nice to have the two up option/capability too. A real torque monster, over...
  5. B

Taking Trout off the Reds?

This past Sunday, my son and I went to Port Albert for the day. Lots of guys, as was expected. There were still quite a few rainbow too, as was also expected with the late spring and all. Now, what I really didn't like was the guys taking the spawning pairs right off their reds as they were...
  6. B

What's a Good Battery?

I'm setting up a new pair of Cannon MAG5HS electrics(only Big Jon manuals before)and only other electrical draw(for now)is my fishfinder/gps combo. I have a tired 4 year old Can.Tire deep cycle that I want to replace. I'm looking at an Interstate SRM-29 (group 29)deep cycle. It has 675 CCA, 845...
  7. B

Bayfield River

Hey folks. Heard the river was open, and a few fish being caught. Checked it out yesterday. Arrived around 11am, ya I know that's late for bows. There were lots of guys everywhere in the marina area and gas pumps. Word of open water water sure gets out quickly. We walked over and saw quite a few...
  8. B

Florida last week

Fishing was very good. Spotted seatrout are on fire and make a great ceviche. We also caught grouper, snook, redfish, bonnethead sharks, flounder, ladyfish and pinfish. Even a puffer took a bait. Live shrimp under a popping cork was the set-up for the week. Weather didn;t allow us to try reef...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks