Search results

1. L

Fishing Report St Wiiliams this mornig

Some fishers moving further out today. Have gone over the cracks that were close to shore. First pict from phone
  2. L

Off Topic LPB. ice

Is -14C here by the Bay. Poor visibility, but looks like ice covering every thing I can see. :)
  3. L

two tents on ice at St. Williams

Though after cold day and night somebody would venture out.
  4. L

Off Topic Minnows with white spots?

I have been seeing small minnows in the channels at Booths now Harmony Resort with white spots on backs for some time now. Seems like whole school not just a few. Any ideas about cause.
  5. L

Off Topic Thin ice on Bay

Didn't stop two guys from pushing through it all the way out to deep Hole Point. Looks like they are setting up to hunt there. Sure are a lot of birds there. You gotta wonder what their plan B is?
  6. L

Chest Waders for sale or trade

Neoprene chest waders Northern Escape Brand size 11 boots. No tears or holes. Too big for me as I got them in a lot from an estate. Take offers or 24 bottles of James Ready beer. See them at Booth's Harbour on LPB. You can try them in my pool. Larry @ 519 586 8626
  7. L

Off Topic Hut AY393 is now floating free

Heads up to the owner of hut # AY 393 it is free of the ice. You can get that hut wrangler that wrangled the hut last year. Tell him it's in about the same place.
  8. L

Fishing Report Ice fishing started today LPB

Someone has a tent set up just off St. Williams thus morning
  9. L

Off Topic wind/ water level event LPB this afternoon

This is the water level forecast for Lake Erie. There will be a low water / high water event this evening. Especially at the Causeway. The wind blows the water out of Bay then piles it up at the east end of the Lake forcing maybe 4 feet of water back into the Bay in a of couple of hours. 9 to15...
  10. L

Off Topic Do you know where your boat is?

There is one out on it's own on a drift across The Inner Bay and is now over in the marsh just south of The Fin and Feather. White with Aqua green cover/ top /merc in/out board, bow rider. Shouldn't get hurt to bad there. Gonna walk the dog that way now.
  11. L

Off Topic Storm/rain Long Point this AM

yo Old Cut Folks; It sure looked like you guys got pounded by rain and lighting. Radar showed that storm stalled right over that part of Long Point since 2 or 3am and has just now moved off. Gonna be some wet campers over there. It stormed at Booth's but not as hard. Any reports?
  12. L

Fishing Report Ice at St .Williams

Looks like the ice in front of Booth's stayed mostly intact. The ice moved along the shore and destroyed a block Pumphouse and I heard somebody had to be helped out of a trailer because of the ice. Someone is out from the St. Williams access now, fishing. The red tent that was left is stiil in...
  13. L

Fishing Report Ice fishing St. Williams

Like I said another thread. A couple of guys are out on the ice here off Booth's. They moved, earlier, to east spuding as they went. In places the spud looked like it went through pretty easy. Bayside Ice Fishing has open sign and action around their sheds. Jumbojim asked " Larry did the open...
  14. L

Off Topic The hoop netters

The Long Point Company hoop netters have not tended their nets in a week or so. I hope those nets were left open or are pulled soon. I've always have had concerns about them guys drowning turtles. Anybody have insight here.
  15. L

Off Topic Wind / flood event today

It is now 7:45AM. The wind is starting to increase here on the Inner Bay. This forecast model shows the water level at Big Creek dropping 2ft. by 3PM. today and then rising up 4 or 5Ft. by 7 tonight...
  16. L

Off Topic Tundra Swans

Have been seeing many large flights of Swans flying into the bay area here this evening. I would guess there is a large concentration by Big Creek this evening.
  17. L

Fishing Report These guys should be reported.

These 4 guys did a real nice looking SE drift Yesterday
  18. L

Off Topic Water level Inner Bay

The water level here at Booths is as high as it's been at it's highest, Will go and check the causeway later. The water level is forecasted to drop to normal by 2PM today. Maybe 3ft. out of the bay in a couple of hours. My wife just pointed out that Bait Island is under water.
  19. L

Fishing Report Out from Booths March 8

Went out yesterday , after finally getting ready. Straight out to the chunked up ice. Lots of ice 10 , 12 inches , lots of sun, lots of minnows, no wind, but no fish Except for bait. Was very surprised to see how far out one couple had walked out. A few groups out from St Williams and some...
  20. L

March 01 AM , LPB from Booths Harbour

Took these at 8:15 or so. Not sure what you can see. That hut's frozen in and ice pushes at the Island, Pottohawk Bar and Whitefish Bar this way. The Bay has basically refrozen. The ice with the same texture in front, here, didn't move , rot or break away from shore. Notice the sled tracks the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks