Search results

1. keeper

Boat safety requirements OPP safety checks

Got stopped for an OPP safety check on Sat in Long point bay. passed with flying colours but surprised I had to produce proof of ownership. They ran my ON numbers and heard it come back in my name. I knew that your flashlight has to float. I also believe if they want they can require you to...
  2. keeper

Off Topic C TOW Long Point Port Dover Port Rowan ?

Is C Tow available in these areas? Is it worth it ? I know it is out of Port Burwell. For $100 if available it sounds like a good deal. C-TOW.ca !
  3. keeper

Nexus for Boat Travellers

Nexus for Boat Travellers Tuesday, 18 April 2017 04:24 BD As well as packing life preservers and other safety equipment, boaters on the Great Lakes should also carry their Nexus cards. Sarnia Mayor Mike Bradley points out that if a boater drifts into international waters, without proper...
  4. keeper

Fishing Report GPS fishfinders what to buy

Would a Hook 7 be a suitable replacement for a Garmin GPSMAP 172C ? It is for 25ft pleasure boat used in Long Point Bay. The old one is moody and sometimes does not work. Need it to go thru the gap and around the bluffs and to get home and just to find out where I am. I need to have the big...
  5. keeper

Fishing Report Winter Layup Dec 1 to March 31

:( Thought about putting my tinnie in the water this week and try for some pike. Looked at my Marine Insurance policy and it states LAYUP Dec 1 to April 1st. I guess I will wait until next week. I think this is pretty standard on most Marine insurance around the Great Lakes.
  6. keeper

Outdoor Cards Expire Dec 31 ?

Just realized my Outdoor card expired Dec 31 2016. Thank God for the internet. Renewed it online and print a paper copy to keep me out of trouble. In the good old days one would get a letter about the renewal. https://www.ontario.ca/page/renew-replace-or-update-outdoors-card
  7. keeper

Repair to rod tips

Hi Where is a good place to get broken rod tip replaced ? or is it a do it yourselfie ? thanks Keeper
  8. keeper

HIN Hull serial numbers

I was trying to find more info on a boat by checking the HIN (hull id number), so I tried boatfax.com thinking it would be like carfax.com I was very disappointed, boatfax just gave me garbage. like things were OK, 7% chance this boat was stolen, no history just OK checklists. The final thing...
  9. keeper

Merc Vs Volvo IOs

Hi I know spring is coming so I am going to start looking for a bigger boat. Wife wants something with a head other than the yellow bucket. I heard mixed reviews on Volvo outdrives. Are they any better than the mercs ? Should I stick to Mercs because they are so plentyful? Help
  10. keeper

Celebrity Banned from hunting

Celebrity hunter banned from hunting in Canada for abusing duck http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/celebrity-hunter-banned-from-hunting-in-canada-for-abusing-duck/article2206474/
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks