Search results

1. keeper

Boat interior.

had 3 boats done there great work very busy place!
  2. keeper

Just my thoughts

Yes I have a membership for both boats for $150 per year. It is a good deal. I have been a member for 3 years. Right after I got the membership the boats stopped breaking down until this year. I have used it already for over a 3 hour tow. Commercial towing is $ 200 per hour! Gives one a sense...
  3. keeper

Boat safety requirements OPP safety checks

Got stopped for an OPP safety check on Sat in Long point bay. passed with flying colours but surprised I had to produce proof of ownership. They ran my ON numbers and heard it come back in my name. I knew that your flashlight has to float. I also believe if they want they can require you to...
  4. keeper

Is A Boat Insurance Policy worth the cost $

Lost a boat a few years ago in a barn fire. Glad I had insurance.
  5. keeper

Off Topic Long Point Beach - flies

Same deal a week ago Monday, Went to Potahawk and not a boat there !. Found out quickly why ! 300 ft from shore attacked by thousands of biting flys. Drove over to turkey point and it was a little better. On Facebook someone said they are stable or sable files imported to kill off the tent...
  6. keeper

Off Topic Vessel registration documents

I believe you have to have proof of insurance onboard also.
  7. keeper

Off Topic C TOW Long Point Port Dover Port Rowan ?

I just got a response to my email inquiry from C-TOW and they say they do have vessel available. QUOTE" We have a vessel stationed at Long Point. Thank you "Serving Canadian Boaters" since 1984 C-Tow Marine Assistance Ltd Box 44 Garden Bay BC V0N 1S1 1-888-354-5554 www.C-Tow.ca"
  8. keeper

According to their website they will respond 24 hrs. a day usually within 45 minutes. Included in their package is gas delivery, battery boost and minor assistances along with tows. My concern is there actual coverage in Long Point bay. I have had people offer to tow me in for $700 in Lg Pt bay!
  9. keeper

Is C Tow available in these areas? Is it worth it ? I know it is out of Port Burwell. For $100 if available it sounds like a good deal. C-TOW.ca !
  10. keeper

Off Topic Boat top

converta boat langton www.convertaboat.ca
  11. keeper

boat floor - replacing carpet with vinyl

Pete Freeman who lives near Long Point is real good. Fixes all kinds of boats Lunds aluminum and fiberglass . He did a floor and transom in a 16ft for me. Excellent job. If you want his number email me.
  12. keeper

Where to get a boat top, front and side curtains fabricated?

Converta Boat Langton Converta-Boat International | Courtland Ontario
  13. keeper

Off Topic Skeg repair

Any opinion on just using a replacement cap
  14. keeper

Boat Cleaning

Marina Shores Long Point
  15. keeper

Off Topic Hiring Help

Is C tow available in Long Point Bay ?
  16. keeper

Off Topic Old Cut Webcam?

same here
  17. keeper

Boat Insurance

I think last year I heard that some boaters were stopped in Long Point Bay and they were required to show proof. The Feds,OPP and Coast Guard patrol this area especially around Potahawk weekend. Can't remember exactly where I heard it. I know some Marinas require boaters to show proof of...
  18. keeper

Boat Insurance

I am with Premier Insurance thru BrokerLink out of Port Rowan Bayside Ins. Quite happy with them over the years including one major claim. Had to remind myself to photocopy front page of insurance policy to put on boat! If pulled over one is suppose to produce proof of insurance and ownership!
  19. keeper

outdoors card

Ordered mine Dec 16 2019 still waiting ! Too bad it is not COD !
  20. keeper

Boat Flares Question

Does one need Oars on boats 25ft and up ? In the regs it states propelling device or rope with anchors. (from my memory).
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks