Search results

1. riverduck

LPWA Camo Day -Sept 10

Hello all, Just a last minute reminder that tomorrow (Sept 10) is Camo day at LPWA Marsh at 8 am at the waterfowl office. Bring yourselves, a boat, some clippers and other cutting tools that can help cover up those hides for Opening day! Zip ties will be provided but a few extra in your bag...
  2. riverduck

Lost Decoys!

I know this is a serious long shot. I drive from Grimsby via highway 3 to hunt at the waterfowl unit. Best I can figure, a Rogers 12 decoy slot bag filled with decoys fell or blew out of my boat on the trip there. They are all divers and longlined. All decoys have my last name on the bottom...
  3. riverduck

Choke tube question

Hey all, I am in the market for a new choke tube for my Benelli Nova Pump. I have heard many reviews about many aftermarket tubes. Most of the aftermarket tubes seem to be emphasizing tighter patterns at longer distances up to 60 yards. My question is this what is the best all around waterfowl...
  4. riverduck

Late season magic

Hey All, While my son and I had a decent season at Long Point, a we had a great day yesterday highlighted by these two great birds. The one in my right hand was as nice a bird as I have seen.
  5. riverduck

Trailers?

Hey Everyone, Duck season will be here before we know and I am hoping someone can help me out with some info on trailers. I finally bought one and I am wondering about how to register for a fall spot? How much does it cost? Do the trailers have power or do I need a generator? DO I get to select...
  6. riverduck

rafia grass

Hey, Anybody use this on their blinds? What colours did you use? Any pics?
  7. riverduck

Ice?

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone can update me on ice conditions? Is Howey and everything else all froze up? Anyone break the ice? Is the bay froze across? Birds still hanging around?
  8. riverduck

Tomorrow winds

Hello All, Wanted to ask a question about how the unit and bay might be tomorrow. I bought a boat last year and am a pretty new to what the unit/bay is like in heavy winds (tomorrow says SW 50-60 kms). What will it be like when I launch tomorrow out of Marina shores? How will the water levels...
  9. riverduck

Question about blind 24?

Hi, Was out taking a tour of the unit yesterday and noticed that Blind 24 has been moved back into the pocket behind the point it was on last year. Does anyone know why that change was made? I hunted blind 24 alot last year and really liked the access to the outer bay and the deeper water off...
  10. riverduck

Water Levels?

Hi All, Was just wondering on Water levels for this year? How do they look? Saw a post here that the cookie cutter was in at 21 and 19 so maybe things are looking up? Does it look like 23 will be an open blind this year? Maybe 18 will get a good cleaing out too? Chris
  11. riverduck

Sustaining membership question

Hi There, Thinking of getting a sustaining membership this year. Can anyone tell me what the benefits of having a sustaining plus family membership? Who is included as family? Do minors pay the youth fee? What about non-hunting minors? I see the advantages for me but I have my son and nephew...
  12. riverduck

How did everyone do!

I don't post too often as I am still pretty new to Long point but was wondering how everyone did on the opener? It is my son's first season out with me and we were there with the plan to leave when it was light and hunted number 10. We were skunked with the only duck in range flying away after a...
  13. riverduck

Canoe in Blinds?

Hi All, I was hoping to finally get a huntin at LP this year but all I have is a canoe. Which blinds can I safely access with a canoe? Any better than the others? How early to line up for these blinds (honest guess)? Thanks for any help! Chris
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks