Search results

1. riverduck

LPWA Camo Day -Sept 10

Hello all, Just a last minute reminder that tomorrow (Sept 10) is Camo day at LPWA Marsh at 8 am at the waterfowl office. Bring yourselves, a boat, some clippers and other cutting tools that can help cover up those hides for Opening day! Zip ties will be provided but a few extra in your bag...
  2. riverduck

Decoys found

I lost a bag out of my boat. Where did you find these decoys?
  3. riverduck

Lost Decoys!

I know this is a serious long shot. I drive from Grimsby via highway 3 to hunt at the waterfowl unit. Best I can figure, a Rogers 12 decoy slot bag filled with decoys fell or blew out of my boat on the trip there. They are all divers and longlined. All decoys have my last name on the bottom...
  4. riverduck

Choke tube question

Hey all, I am in the market for a new choke tube for my Benelli Nova Pump. I have heard many reviews about many aftermarket tubes. Most of the aftermarket tubes seem to be emphasizing tighter patterns at longer distances up to 60 yards. My question is this what is the best all around waterfowl...
  5. riverduck

December duck huntin success

I love that there is a deer head in there too! Nice bunch of birds
  6. riverduck

Late season magic

Hey All, While my son and I had a decent season at Long Point, a we had a great day yesterday highlighted by these two great birds. The one in my right hand was as nice a bird as I have seen.
  7. riverduck

Unit Self Serve

when do all the trailers have to be out by?
  8. riverduck

Trailers?

So when can trailers be brought in? Do I need to call the park first? costs?
  9. riverduck

Trailers?

Hey Everyone, Duck season will be here before we know and I am hoping someone can help me out with some info on trailers. I finally bought one and I am wondering about how to register for a fall spot? How much does it cost? Do the trailers have power or do I need a generator? DO I get to select...
  10. riverduck

water level at the unit

WFW is bang on. For the outside shooting points it is plenty high. Almost too high for waders. I have been wet a couple of times in waders already!
  11. riverduck

Wetfootwilly

Some birds shot. Best action right at dawn and right at sunset. Good variety. BWT, Widgeon, Pintail, Woodies, and Mallards ended up in our bag. Mallard was the last bird of the day for me and it was sporting a band!
  12. riverduck

rafia grass

I guess I will be the first!
  13. riverduck

rafia grass

Hey, Anybody use this on their blinds? What colours did you use? Any pics?
  14. riverduck

2016 Youth Hunt

Hi, Do you know when the park is taking names for their list if people want to hunt but don't want to do the sessions on friday night?
  15. riverduck

Painting and aluminum boat

if you don't do a decent prep job you will end up with a green boat with white stripes....
  16. riverduck

Get some 220 grit sandpaper, lightly sand. Wipe down with Acetone. Prime any bare spots. Let dry 24 hrs, light sand again. Remove dust, second coat. Thatès what I did anyway. Some guys might just tell you to slop it on but i did that way. It will get scuffed up pretty quick but it us a duck boat...
  17. riverduck

is it bare aluminium or painted already?
  18. riverduck

Boat size for hunting the bay

If you have a mud motor you can cut right across from marina shores to almost any of the "bay" blinds. those would be 35-45 ish. 30-34, 20, 17, 25, 24 are outside blinds to varying extents for each on "outsideness". If you don't have a mud motor you have to go out of the fast or slow channel...
  19. riverduck

Boat size for hunting the bay

Depends on where you want to go. Biggest thing is to not feel or be unsafe. I am by no means a super experienced boater (5-6 years) but I choose a 16 foot with 25hp because I like to hunt the outside. There are days when that has felt a bit crazy if I had to go out to chase a cripple and it was...
  20. riverduck

what kind of duck is this

one of the many I missed this year?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks