Search results

1. S

Eyes on Lake @ Burwell

Morning, toying with an after lunch run... Buoy showing it may be lumpy out there... wondering if anyone is out and can provide a lake report. Thanks Herefishyfishy
  2. S

Burwell August 25

Loaded the boat up with few buddies and bro in law. Slight chop getting out to depth at crack of dawn. Dropped in 59 at 225 heading and trolled to 63. Turned around and done by time we hit 60 with our nice 24 walleye. Just over 2hrs. Great eaters. Dipsy on a 3/1 setting 140/90 back on RRF took...
  3. S

Port Bruce with my boys

Not often I can get my boys out on the boat at the same time. With ball schedules work schedules and lady friend schedules it can be tough at any rate decided to try Bruce with them along with a buddy. The lake did not disappoint with great conditions for them. 24 eyes in 4hrs midday to boot...
  4. S

Burwell August 4

Took my usual buddy along with my 8 year old son and an erie noob today. Lines in at noon and lines out by 6:00. Lake was flat. Too flat really. Bugs were terrible but the fishing was good. 67-68 fow was best on 24 very chunky 3.5-4.5 lbs eyes. Also went 7/10 on the rainbows. Toxic and Dipsy...
  5. S

July 21 eyes on the lake

Morning. Looking at going out of Burwell later this am. Some conflicting wind forecast. Just wondering if anyone is out and can provide lake conditions. Much appreciated herefishyfishy
  6. S

Burwell August 7 eyes on the lake

Looking at going out this aft. Buoy showing 1.6 at 8:00 which is about 3’ ers. Supposed to lay down this aft if all my wind apps are right lol. Wondering if anyone out there fishing or has eyes on the lake that can provide an update. I am going at any rate but might delay my arrival a bit to...
  7. S

Burwell July 10

Went out this am for a quick run with a couple of buddies. Was surprised to see the lake churning good but we gave it a try. Picked up a quick double header and wished could have stayed with the pod but the winds didn’t let us do that so we kept trucking till my buddy got green. So we went back...
  8. S

July 3rd evening

Fished with two good buddies with intentions of heading to deep waters but the lake didn’t allow us to fly out there so we played it safe in the shallows. Slow start but things fired up when the sun angle went down. Went 5/5 on the bows and 2/2 on the eyes. The bows were either crazy train all...
  9. S

Port Burwell June 19 Evening

Fished with a couple buddies and the one brought his son since we knew the lake would be in good condition. Didn’t take long to plug a couple and we kept at it for the rest of the evening. Kept 11 for some Father’s Day meals. M Best is yet to come Smile on the kids face tells it all Usual...
  10. S

Burwell June 17 Evening Fish

Fished with 2 buddies yesterday. Tried deeper at first to find some warmer water unsuccessfully. Returned to low 50’s and upper 40’s and found some. Lost quite a few but managed to put 6 nice eaters in the box. Nothing on riggers, all on Dipsy 3 setting 60 back on Jerry Lee or flat lining TD and...
  11. S

Trailer Guides

At some point this summer I need to replace my 4 carpet/cloth covered wooden guides on my boat trailer. They are Approx just over 8’ long. Can anyone provide info on where to get the marine grade carpet to put on my new guides? I live near Woodstock as a reference. Only a couple bolts...
  12. S

Burwell June 22

Being busy at work and with my boys with sports, I saw an opportunity to head our yesterday with my bro in law. Generally avoiding weekends but given my limited schedule I had to get the boat out this season. Tried 50’ and 60’s and no luck and couldn’t find any pockets of bait or warm water so...
  13. S

Sunday afternoon Port Burwell

Got into port around lunch time and wife called to inform us of tornado and storm warnings to the west. We pulled over to check our Storm app and sure enough stuff was brewing on land and also on water. We decided to find a parking spot downtown and enjoy a great lunch and beverage at one of the...
  14. S

June 29

Fished with two good buddies yesterday and boated 105 perch till we ran out to bait them trolled back rob port Burwell an picked up 18 Nice eyes on the Way back. Didn’t matter what u threw at them as long as the bait got down to 25-30 fow. Great start to the trolling season. Be safe Herefishyfishy
  15. S

Burwell August 10

Went out at first light with JJAZ and sons for eyes. Tough conditions at start but improved as the morning went on. One of the boys started blowing chunks so they hung low and enjoyed the ride and toughed it out. Got our 24 then got off the lake in good time. Riggers short leads at about 40...
  16. S

August 15 Port Burwell

Went out for an afternoon run with Blastr. Had to hold up in port till the storm cells cleared, then made our way east of port as there was still a storm cell that appeared to be stalled out between Stanley and Bruce. Slow getting out to depth due to the rollers but we took our time. Ended up...
  17. S

Burwell June 4th

Fished with 3 buddies today. Anchored in 45.7 FOW and never moved for just over 4hrs to get our 4 man ticket. Trick today was leaving the bait on the bottom horizontally. Pickerel rigs with green beads worked best. Couple fish at the 14" mark and lots of solid 11-12". A few smaller ones...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks