Search results

1. ferg

London Boat and Fishing Show

Does anyone know if the London Boat and Fishing Show is a go this year? I see the 2023 show is advertised but nothing about the 2022 show.
  2. ferg

Did anyone lose a phone?

Found an I Phone on the ice in front of Booth's Harbour. If it's yours call the number and someone will answer.
  3. ferg

Transducer Mount

What is the preferred epoxy most use to mount a poly transducer mount to the transom. I would rather not drill into the hull. I've read 3M 5200 will not hold over time.
  4. ferg

Any abandoned huts on Inner Bay?

Just wondering if there are any ice fishing huts left on the Inner Bay that might pose a hazard after "ice out". From the Port Rowan Harbour it looks like there might be one near Booth's Harbour........or is it just a temporary portable hut?
  5. ferg

Sanctuary Signs

Is it just me or are the "No Fishing" signs on the western limits of the bass sanctuary not in a straight line? They seem to be located hither, nither and all over the place. Maybe it was just a windy day when they were placed. It wouldn't be right for someone to get a fine for being inside one...
  6. ferg

Rivet popped

I went to the boathouse yesterday during a break in the rain to find my boat full of water. With some help I managed to get it out of the water. After putting some water in the boat (on the trailer) I found a rivet had popped on the bottom of the hull. Any suggestions on how to repair the rivet...
  7. ferg

Sunday's Ice Pic

There is not much ice left on the bay but I did find enough to support this guy just off the pier at Booth's. Ferg
  8. ferg

Friday's Ice on the Bay Pic

Here is a shot of the bay from Booth's Harbour facing Bait Island and Pottahawk Point. The line of ice extends as far as Bait Island before becoming liquid. EC 10 is completely surrounded by water. The only traffic on the ice has webbed feet. It was taken at sunrise this morning (friday). Ferg
  9. ferg

Morning Ice Pic

Here are this morning's pics (Jan. 2) of the ice. The dark spots are open water. The water is just offshore St. Williams. The white spots are snowflakes.
  10. ferg

Another "Ice on Inner Bay"

This is a follow-up from Wednesday's pic. It was too foggy to get a recent image of the ice on Inner Bay until now. This was taken about 4PM Saturday Jan. 1. It looks pretty wet and slippery. I am impressed by the cleanliness of the ice surface after this week's traffic. I don't even see a...
  11. ferg

Ice On Inner Bay

A picture is worth a thousand words. Here is an image of the ice on Inner Bay taken late Wednesday the 29th. Most of the huts are huddled in front of Booth's Harbour. The huts are dragged from St. Williams along side a pressure crack to the honey hole. The zoom on my camera won't reach the Old...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks