Search results

1. ferg

Where would I, get this done!

Arrow Fabrication is no longer open. Unfortunately the owner passed away.
  2. ferg

Off Topic Hut AY393 is now floating free

Tomorrow is D-Day for removing ice huts....March 15.
  3. ferg

London boat and fishing show

The London Boat and Fishing show was cancelled this year. It was scheduled for the weekend of Feb. 13-14 but was a no-go due to covid.
  4. ferg

London Boat and Fishing Show

Does anyone know if the London Boat and Fishing Show is a go this year? I see the 2023 show is advertised but nothing about the 2022 show.
  5. ferg

Did anyone lose a phone?

Phone has been returned to it's "more than happy" owner.
  6. ferg

Did anyone lose a phone?

Found an I Phone on the ice in front of Booth's Harbour. If it's yours call the number and someone will answer.
  7. ferg

Fishing Report Ice fishing started today LPB

https://www.stthomas.ca/news/what_s_new/fishing_on_lake_margaret
  8. ferg

Hydraulic steering???

Seastar hydraulic steering is a great option on any boat with an outboard motor. If the steering wheel is released the motor will stay in the same position and not drift either way. However if the operator releases the steering wheel to check the riggers the boat will drift one way or another...
  9. ferg

Off Topic License Question

A C.O. told me a photo I.D. showing date of birth is all that is required when fishing.
  10. ferg

Bay temperature

70.5 yesterday off Port Rowan with a new Lowrance Hook.
  11. ferg

Off Topic LPB Boaters beware!

The deadline used to be March 11 for the removal of ice huts or the owner would face a fine. The ministry seems to have given up enforcing this. They could use a drone to find the registration numbers on each hut if necessary. Not many guys register their huts anymore.
  12. ferg

Fishing Report Pittock dam

There were a few photos in the local St. Marys newspaper of ice huts on Wildwood. They were getting a few pike. No reports from Pittock yet.
  13. ferg

Transducer Mount

It is a fiberglass boat. I purchased a poly mounting plate from Angling Outfitters. The staff recommended using epoxy to secure it to the hull but didn't say which brand is best. Has anyone used Marine JB Weld for this purpose?
  14. ferg

Transducer Mount

What is the preferred epoxy most use to mount a poly transducer mount to the transom. I would rather not drill into the hull. I've read 3M 5200 will not hold over time.
  15. ferg

Aug 19 Elbow

Did the same troll yesterday at the elbow. Nothing there so continued the troll to the Lighthouse ending with 1 Walleye and zero sheephead. Kept the speed above 2.5 to avoid the sheep.
  16. ferg

Carpal tunnel surgery?

Had both hands done three years ago by Dr. Gan at the hand and upper limb clinic in London at St. Josephs. Great success. Rub vitamin E into the incision to reduce scar tissue and you're good to go in about 3 weeks. I think Dr. Gan (an avid fisherman) is retired now. At the time there was a two...
  17. ferg

Off Topic Something fishy about pharmaceuticals ?

This is Ford at his finest. First he says "stay home....stay home". Then he comes up with this hair brain idea of 30 day meds which increases the risk of physical contact threefold.
  18. ferg

Custom Ripplin Redfins

Someone suggested removing the middle hook from the ripplin redfins. It made the hooks easier to get out of the fish and the net however more fish were lost during the retrieve. Anyone else try this modification? Any positive results?
  19. ferg

Anyone have eyes on booths harbour?

Water level in Booth's seems to be unaffected by the storm.
  20. ferg

RIP Canvasback

Glendennings Funeral Home has a nice online memorial. RIP John. https://memorials.gffh.ca/PIGGOTT-John/3956873/
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks