Search results

1. Landlocked

Baked walleye

Forgot about this recipe but made it again and all my fussy fish eaters love it. Likely turns healthy baked fished into an artery clogging meal but it's great way to cook a pile at once (I substituted lemon pepper seasoning for the lemon/seasoning) You coat fish in mayo, seasoning, panko bread...
  2. Landlocked

Halibut

Thought some of Stomp's crowd would be interested in the halibut charter I was lucky to be part of in Alaska last week. It's a fun way to fish but hard on the arms bouncing a one pound weight/jig on bottom in 300 ft of water then cranking them in! I landed two, lost two which was more then...
  3. Landlocked

Pulled pork

Put the barrel smoker to work yesterday with some lump charcoal and mesquite wood, the family approved, LOL!
  4. Landlocked

Beef Wellington

First attempt at Beef Wellington for New Years Day. It was delicious but wow is it a lot of work, not something I would cook regularly LOL
  5. Landlocked

Youth heritage days "repealed?"

Anyone heard anything about the youth heritage days being repealed for the upcoming season? We read one sentence about it in the recent OOD magazine but haven't seen anything officially online. I know there are differing views on it but it sure is an awesome opportunity for the young hunters.
  6. Landlocked

Reverse sear Tomahawk

Last minute decision to stay down in LP Sunday night, found these beauties at Udderlee Kool, smoked in barrel for 50 minutes then seared on grill, so damn good!
  7. Landlocked

Bass-Cat opener..

Slow opener for us with just a few smallies but son hooked into this beast in 6 ft of water, he had some sore shaky arms after, lmao!
  8. Landlocked

Scott duck boat

Hi everyone, I thought I read someone here was looking for a Scott Duck boat, no affiliation with this ad but thought I should pass it along in case someone still looking: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/284381413545997/
  9. Landlocked

Awesome service from Fishhawk

I don't do this very often but was real impressed with service from Fishhawk this week. We purchased the X4D in June/2020, discovered it was leaking last week and called to inquire about our options. Long story short, we returned the probe Monday and a brand new probe is on it's way back. I'm...
  10. Landlocked

Lighthouse Aug.21

Late report, son and I fished with the pack of boats on South side on Saturday, what a beautiful morning! Fairly slow and couldn't establish a pattern , ended up with two walleye and one bow, lost a couple, just kept trolling back and forth from 70-110ft, hits on 7 colour, 10 colour and jet 40...
  11. Landlocked

Lighthouse..slow..

Spent three hours trolling both sides of lighthouse this morning with my son , one bite, one fish, 60fow on 7 colour, greasy chicken wing spoon . Screen was lit up all morning with what I assume was baitfish, hard to compete with that ?! Anybody else having any success out there?
  12. Landlocked

Brisket burnt ends

Anyone tried them? Did them on barrel smoker for first time and wow, I think it's the only way the family wants to eat brisket now. Just wish there was a place where you could buy the point portion only.
  13. Landlocked

Unit map?

Hi All, Can anyone tell me where to find a unit map online? The LPWA site doesn't appear to be working. Thanks
  14. Landlocked

Fish ID

Had fun morning with my son today at lighthouse, three bows, or what we thought was a bow. I bounced this off a few buddies but what do you think the upper fish is in this picture ? Both had white gums but different tails and jaws , hybrid?
  15. Landlocked

Outriggers?

Hi All, Hope everyone is staying safe! Just dreaming a little here about getting back on the water and wondered if anyone uses outriggers in their trolling spread? Our "new to me" boat has a set and I can't figure out if they are worth the hassle up here on Erie or not? Thanks
  16. Landlocked

Collingwood guides/fishing?

My inlaws have booked a cottage in August in Collingwood. Anyone have guide recommendations or is it even worth pursuing ? Thanks
  17. Landlocked

Lighthouse/elbow laker

Slow morning for us yesterday starting at the lighthouse then moving to the elbow, managed one walleye and this grease ball. Should have started at the Elbow by the looks of some of the reports!
  18. Landlocked

Causeway issue

Great timing for long weekend! http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2018/05/15/long-point-causeway-bridge-suffers-partial-deck-failure
  19. Landlocked

$Billion power line approved for Lake Erie

Interesting! http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2017/07/04/underwater-lake-erie-electricity-line-gets-federal-approval
  20. Landlocked

Thanksgiving Monday?

Hi everyone, just trying to get familiar with rules/regs in the park, will blinds be available Thanksgiving holiday Monday?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks