Search results

1. Consequence Free

Fishing Report Fishing for Perch, but got a Surprise Instead

28", 6 lbs, 4 oz. 17 fow, 71 F, half mile south of Pottahawk tip. What a fight! Fishing for perch and this guy gave me a 4 minute fight on 8 lb test and a minnow! I love Long Point...you never know what mother nature's gonna throw at your hook! And just for the record, I'm still pissed not...
  2. Consequence Free

Looking for Perch Reports in Outer Bay

Taking my boys out tomorrow morning. Need to know if perch are biting at either Pottahawk or out off Fisher's Glen? Anyone having any luck? CF
  3. Consequence Free

Pottahawk Anyone?

Was out last Wednesday to Pottahawk.....worked to get 5 keepers (just over a lb. in fillets..). Tossed back 4 dinks under 9". Anyone having any luck there yet? Would prefer not to have to go all the way to Bluffs. Thanks for any feedback! CF
  4. Consequence Free

Fishing Report Inner Bay

Took the boys out for our first fishing day....landed 2 pike 3 Rockies, and a lil perch. Boys had fun.
  5. Consequence Free

Minnows available at any places in LPB???

Anyone have minnows this weekend? Looking for some minnows in LPB for Sunday.
  6. Consequence Free

Any Perch on the North Shore?

Going out early tomorrow in search of the perch! Windy week gives way tomorrow, and I'm going to try my luck on the north shore. Any bites at Normandale or Fishers Glen in the last week? I hope to give the report tomorrow if no one has been out.
  7. Consequence Free

Any Minnows for Sale Aug. 2 at LPB?

Looking for minnows tomorrow morning. Just wondering if any are to be had?
  8. Consequence Free

Fishing Report LPB Smallies

Went out with a couple of guests today. EC5, south of the marker, 72 degrees, 12'. Smallies back in with the humidity gone. Only out for an hour and a half. Took 3 smallies, lost a big one at the boat....my 13 y/o was just excited to have played it for 3-4 minutes, with lots of jumps. His was...
  9. Consequence Free

Need Some Better Weather!!!

Had the boat down on the dock now for 3 weeks, and still haven't used it. Seems the only days we get decent weather without rain, wind, or muddy water is midweek. Hope the rest of you are getting out into LPB and getting some fishing in! "Next week" is the phrase I keep using! Grrrrrr
  10. Consequence Free

Great Buy back in February - Fish Cleaning Table

Purchased a fish cleaning table from Princess Auto back in the middle of February. Apparently they come on sale a couple times a year.....bought it for $70....think they are normally around $120. Absolutely worth it. Sturdy, easy to set up (my 8 year old set it up for me in fact!), great tap...
  11. Consequence Free

LPB Smallies

This warm weather will not keep the smallies in the bay long...that's for sure. But managed to net one yesterday on the flats. 17.25", 3.07 lbs. Bite was slow, but this one made it worth the trip.
  12. Consequence Free

LP Perch

56 F, 11 FOW, Pottahawk. Out for a couple hours. Several small dinks. All done, 2 lbs. of fillets. First meal of the season coming up!
  13. Consequence Free

Fishing Report Normandale

69 F, 20 fow, , absolutely gorgeous day out there on the lake! Wish I took some pics.... Normandale fishing was hot! Threw everything 9" and less back (at least 30 went back in the drink)......kept 20 perch ...ran out of minnows in less than 2 hours of non stop fishing. Every cast was a perch...
  14. Consequence Free

Fishing Report North Shore Inner Bay for Perch Started

Tried out in with the pack of boats scattered from EC 6-EC8 for an hour.....nadda. Decided to start my fall fishing spots out in front of St. Williams.....I was the only boat out there. 6-7' fow, 63 F, constant bite. Kept one for every 5 fish caught. Ended up with 10 keepers.....ran out of...
  15. Consequence Free

Fishing Report Outer Bay Perch

Well, the Outer Bay (north shore) perch were finally heating up this week. Took my boys out yesterday for a couple of hours. They lost as many as they caught...still learning the tricks of setting the hook, which can be tricky for perch fishing. Ended up with 15 keepers. Would have been a lot...
  16. Consequence Free

Pottahawk Perch

12', 62 F, ...perch are there. Used all minnows (only got one scoop...wishing I would have got the second).....1.5 hours, 2 lbs. fillets. Good luck this weekend with the winds. :) Consequence Free
  17. Consequence Free

LF Quote on new Rack and Pinion Steering

Have a 21' Larson cuddy that needs a new rack and pinion steering installed. Looking for anyone who might be able to quote. Thanks! Ken
  18. Consequence Free

I Found Bass!

Yesterday, I went down to the boat down at LPB.....2 li'l perch, a rock bass, and a sheephead within 2 hours. Decided to head down to the cottage at Amherstburg, where I just spent some coin to get the family 4 hp Evinrude cleaned up and serviced after an 8 year hiatus and hooked it up to the...
  19. Consequence Free

Fishing Report Perching the Bay

Perch are running nicely in the Bay. East of the Pt Rowan tower, 72 F.......threw back as many as I caught within an hour and a half....17 perch (all over 9")....7' fow. Was all by myself......used up all my minnows. Great dinner tonight....have another in the freezer. 2 lbs. of fillets! :)...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks