Search results

1. A

Fishing Report Burwell 14 July

Managed a late start after a driveway repair of a flat but still had a good day on the water. The best fish were 56-58 feet for us. 13 came for the ride home with one bonus bow. Half the 'eyes were 4 pounds or better. Another 6 went back to do some more growing. Riggers, 5 and 7 core, and...
  2. A

Fishing Report Burwell 15 July

Managed 7 eyes and 2 bows this morning. 58-60 feet. South and a little east of port. Lots of knock-offs. No real colour pattern, but small spoons hooked up the best. 5, 6 and 7 colour got most of the fish. There are a couple of long nets running north-south out there about 1/3 of the way...
  3. A

Heritage Day?

Given this year's circumstances, I am not sure if anything is happening for heritage day. My 15 year old son loves hunting and I would like him to have the opportunity to experience Long Point. I have found applications for past years but nothing for this year. I have not hunted the bay so...
  4. A

Burwell 1 July AM

Managed 2 bows and 3 eyes this morning. It was slow aside from the 90 minutes when all of this happened. Dipsy on 3 back 75 with greasy chicken and 6 and 7 colour core (gold/black RRF and pink panties spoon) did the damage. Most of the fish came in the area of 60 feet. The lake laid down...
  5. A

Burwell 12 June PM

3 walleye and 1 bow in about 2 hours SW out of the channel. 5 and 7 colour. Dipsy back 90. Gold/black RRF and greasy chicken spoon. Great evening on the lake.
  6. A

Burwell 7 August

Ended up with 8 this evening. Fished 56-62 fow east of Burwell. Marked lots with few takers. No real hot lure, but the usuals- greasy chicken, blue and silver rrf, etc. made contributions. Caught fish on dispys back 105, 120, and 150. Caught on the riggers down 35. Caught on 7 colour...
  7. A

Burwell 9 July

My son and I made out alright on a really flat and hot day. We found some eyes in a small area and kept working it and ended up with 7 walleye and 1 bow. We lost about as many fish including a large bow at the back of the boat. The combo for us was dipsys on 3 back 75 with greasy chicken...
  8. A

Fishing Report Burwell Wednesday Evening

Finally dropped the boat in for the season and it was so nice that we headed out for some fishing. Managed about 90 minutes of fishing and ended up with a 5.5 pound walleye. It hit a clown wally diver on a dipsy set 75 back. Fished 50-55 feet with few marks.
  9. A

Turkey for Supper

Quinn managed two birds this week- Monday's was 22lbs and this morning's was just over 20. What a blast hunting with your kids. Now the fish better look out!
  10. A

Burwell 1 August

Beautiful evening on the water. Ended up in about 62' of water southeast of Burwell with no one around us and limited out fairly quickly with a couple of bonus bows. Dipsies back 85' and 100' with greasy chicken and gold and black rrf. Downrigger with orange crush on a 35' lead and down 33'...
  11. A

Burwell 24 July

A great day to be on the water. All rods fired consistently- dipsies at 75 and 85 on 3 and then 5 and 6 colour on the boards. Best spoons were greasy chicken and orange crush. Hot rrfs were blue and silver and black and gold. Fished 58 feet of water a little east of Burwell and east of the pack.
  12. A

15 July Burwell

Had a great day on the water with the kids. Found most of the fish between 55 and 62 east of Burwell and well away from the pack. Hot lures were the copper and black RRF and the greasy chicken spoon. Blueberry muffin worked well. Dipsys were back 90', downrigger at 38 with a 30 foot lead...
  13. A

31 August Burwell

Found the fish in 48-50 a little east of Burwell. Hot lines were 6 colour off the boards with greasy chicken and gold/black ripplin redfin. Dipsys contributed back 90-100 on 3. My boy was complaining about tired arms. I guess that means that it was a great day on the lake!
  14. A

Burwell

Lots of fish south of port let us get a 3 man limit in good time. Fished between 50-60 feet. 6 and 7 colour on the boards and dispys on 3 and back 85 and 100 did the bulk of the damage. Hot lure was a small greasy chicken spoon. It was a great morning to be on the water. Riggers produced...
  15. A

Burwell 23 Sept

Lots of fish around today. Had our 18 in about 3 hours. Fished 57-60 feet due south from the Burwell harbour. A monkey puke down 50 worked on the riggers, 7 and 10 colour with yellow rippling redfins hit lots of fish, and a dipsy on 3 out 125 with a blue-silver redfin had lots of action...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks