Search results

1. A

Port Burwell 7pm start

We managed to get out last night as well and you are right- around 5:30 or so they turned on and it was a blast. My daughter's highlight was wrangling a 10 pound channel cat into the boat that hit a blueberry muffin spoon back 100 on a dipsy. Now that was a fight! We ended up further west...
  2. A

Fishing Report Burwell 14 July

Managed a late start after a driveway repair of a flat but still had a good day on the water. The best fish were 56-58 feet for us. 13 came for the ride home with one bonus bow. Half the 'eyes were 4 pounds or better. Another 6 went back to do some more growing. Riggers, 5 and 7 core, and...
  3. A

Off Topic Animal identification??

Rough looking coyote.
  4. A

Bill C-21 Amendment List

Hit ctrl F and a search box will pop up on your screen in the top right corner. Enter the word(s) that you are looking for, and it will highlight the occurrences on the page or in the document and allow you to use the arrows in the box to jump form occurrence to occurrence of the search word or...
  5. A

Live Cam have a look

That's a whole lot of deer! Entertaining to watch. Curious what the action is like during hunting season. I am sure that the property line is a popular spot if it is accessible!
  6. A

Good Niagara River Drift Guides?

I second Paul. We have had many great trips with him. Best to give Paul a call or send him a text. He just cancelled tomorrow's outing for us- something about the water looking like chocolate milk.
  7. A

St Catherine’s

Paul at Cast Adventures has guided the Niagara for years and will put you on fish. Super-knowledgeable and you will leave with lots of new ideas that will, of course, cause you to stop and drop at least $100 at the tackle store of your choosing. I am heading out with him on Thursday and we...
  8. A

Fishing Report Bluff Bar / October 16

Beauty fish. Surprises like that sure keep you going back!
  9. A

Fishing Report Burwell 15 July

Managed 7 eyes and 2 bows this morning. 58-60 feet. South and a little east of port. Lots of knock-offs. No real colour pattern, but small spoons hooked up the best. 5, 6 and 7 colour got most of the fish. There are a couple of long nets running north-south out there about 1/3 of the way...
  10. A

Anyone see this,

Given the poor grammar and lack of contact info, a guaranteed scam. Sort of like the one for Stihl chainsaws for $100.
  11. A

10 point down

Good one! Congrats.
  12. A

Is A Boat Insurance Policy worth the cost $

Yes for me as well.
  13. A

How did the kids make out today ?

Four for my son as well- 3 mallards and one green wing. It was a great morning out there. Lots of laughs and memories. Special thanks to Colin (aka Lazywave) who made this hunt happen for us. His experience was invaluable. We were at 29.
  14. Quinn duck.jpg

Quinn duck.jpg

15. A

Off Topic Rest easy my Beautiful Angel

Sorry for the losses, guys. Always a tough day.
  16. A

Fishing Report Burwell Sept 4/2021

8 Walleye and 9 sheepshead for us. Same deal- scattered fish. Everything worked, but nothing worked well. Hit them great Friday night but by Saturday morning they had moved. We got our tangle over with fairly early on. Overall great day to be on the lake.
  17. A

Heritage Day?

Good info, mesomikenduck. Thanks for that. Old Cut- not a problem on the hijack- makes for good reading. A few teal would be great! I am going to start reading old threads about blind choices and see what I can find. I do have a canoe which may allow some more blinds to be accessed but I...
  18. A

Heritage Day?

Thanks for the info. I will contact park staff and see what they have to say. Based on the newsletter, it sounds like we might be able to do it ourselves so long as we can grab one of the walk-to blinds (unless anyone experienced in the marsh wants to get together and show a kid what it has to...
  19. A

Heritage Day?

Given this year's circumstances, I am not sure if anything is happening for heritage day. My 15 year old son loves hunting and I would like him to have the opportunity to experience Long Point. I have found applications for past years but nothing for this year. I have not hunted the bay so...
  20. A

My Elderberries are gone !

We fought the birds and managed a couple of elderberry pies and some elderberry muffins. Lots of them this year.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks