Search results

1. A

Mud motor throttle modification ?

I am sure it can be done but I am not sure you will like the outcome. Running the bigger mud motors can be a workout and having the added effort of controlling the throttle can be a drain. I have a fixed throttle but have run motors with a spring loaded grip throttle like a brake handle on a...
  2. A

Bill C-19 passed!

God help anyone who gets sick and needs care from those guys. Paul
  3. A

AGM

I had a great chat with three older gentlemen who sat on the Elgin County stewardship committee. They looked after a bunch of properties that would interest you. Paul
  4. A

Question about Coots

Cool pictures! That is a brave squirrel in the second one. Paul
  5. A

any birds being had?

I have a friend with a lot more money than me who goes every year. They do an afternoon/morning hunt and stay the night. He really enjoys it and they always seem to get into birds. If you think about it... he didn't buy a boat, doesn't keep a dog or have any of the other expenses. I hate...
  6. A

any birds being had?

Gotta love it. While I have a preference for hunting over water, I have had some very memorable field hunts. This picture was taken in the DU field at the Unit a few years ago. Paul
  7. A

any birds being had?

quote: Originally posted by ship wrecked nothing like cupped and committed I agree with you guys completely. I am not a big fan of pass shooting for the same reason. You can't beat the sight of birds hanging over the decoys. ship wrecked... I sent you an email. Paul
  8. A

any birds being had?

Hey Sonny, I think I know that fellow with the sneakboat. I hunted and fished LP with him and his dad a few years ago. Paul
  9. A

any birds being had?

There is no public hunting area like the crown marsh at Long Point. There are numerous guided hunting opportunities on Walpole Island and not all of them are overpriced. It is nice to not have to worry about anything other than getting yourself there. I have done that a couple of times and...
  10. A

any birds being had?

It is a little like hunting Big Rice Bay on a busy day. The area around Mitchells Bay is really small and only holds a few boats. Some days it is a really long run to find a spot to hunt. It is the same rules as Long Point for hunting near a shore or natural weedbed. Add in that you can't...
  11. A

any birds being had?

quote: Originally posted by ship wrecked well didn't get out the last 2 days...seen lots of local geese flying around.. LSC where and when how? Last hunt was Jan 1, 2012 at Mitchell's Bay. Pictures were posted. Did anyone else get out to end the season? Paul
  12. A

Question For All The Oldtimers

This thread has been very interesting and there has been a great exchange of ideas and information. I have really enjoyed following the discussion on the best years of hunting LP and the changing ecology of the bay. I have read that zebra muscles have really helped clean up Lake St Clair. I...
  13. A

any birds being had?

1 mallard 2 redheads 2 cans 1 ringneck 3 greater scaup Paul
  14. A

any birds being had?

quote: Originally posted by ship wrecked hey thats fast grass can you still buy that at the lake ? That is fast grass! The only place I know that carries it is G&K Archery in Wallaceburg. They sell it by the sheet at a very fair price. The stuff that Bass Pro sells is poor quality...
  15. A

I have heard many folks refer to the crown marsh silting in. I am wondering if this is a long term consequence of Big Creek being redirected, human intervention for flood prevention (sea walls, break walls etc, the explosion of phragmites or simply the changing dynamics of a living marsh? Just...
  16. A

any birds being had?

I got out with a friend to start the New Year off right. It was blowing like crazy so the lake was a touch wild and we had to move our decoys several times as the wind shifted. We managed to take home nine birds in a mixed bag. Several of them were prime specimens. Paul
  17. A

quote: Originally posted by Old Cut LongPointer Q; As for what was the best year(s)? A; Why next year,of course ! Great answer! :) Paul
  18. A

Great topic. I look forward to the responses. I have seen some ups and downs in the last 35 years and I have not been at the Point as much the last couple of seasons but my own bird sightings and harvest have been up the last few years. Paul
  19. A

Looking for a place to hunt over the holidays?

I think the latest I can recall shooting from a Unit blind that was not in the creek or field was December 10. This certainly is an unusual year. Paul
  20. A

Tryin Again

quote: Originally posted by Jello While we're talking boats, I'm starting to save my pennies for one. Figure I'm going to take my time and buy a new one. Anyhow, I've been looking at the modified V jon boats. Like a 16' with a 30hpor something. My buddy had that same config and hunts the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks